YesNoOk

Strides 2 Glory VS (Read 170934 times)

Started by Noside, March 31, 2016, 05:48:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Strides 2 Glory VS
#61  February 15, 2017, 02:37:38 pm
  • The answer lies. In the heart of battle.
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
#62  February 15, 2017, 07:40:41 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Good to see some major progress since I followed the project for a long time now. :)
I would like to give a feedback about the first beta as well.
#63  February 17, 2017, 05:19:46 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
about time with the beta testing let me know something
#64  February 19, 2017, 01:25:01 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 18/02/2017
Ben said:

Figured out this combo today. I may end up scaling the damage since even without implementing the super at the end it still deals huge damage. Well over half from a 14 frame startup(stun) attack. I had no idea I could get 2 Hiryu-kens in one string.

Mitsuko's new updated costume in action.  Also the super Art now has a sumi-e ink colour effect I've been playing with.
The Kanji on the side reads Hotaru Taiho no Justu  蛍大砲の術 (Firefly war cannon technique)

Update Select Screen
-Made the small ports more glossy
-Changed the interface scheme a little
#65  February 19, 2017, 03:30:58 am
  • we live in a society
    • USA
    • www.8wayrun.com
Anyone else having trouble with the website? It won't load on my end.
#66  February 19, 2017, 06:06:13 pm
  • The answer lies. In the heart of battle.
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr

lui

#67  February 19, 2017, 07:36:46 pm
    • USA
hosting ran out, he has to renew it
#68  February 20, 2017, 01:39:08 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
I've just got a notificaction from Ben, creator of this project:

"The website has expired and will be back eventually when I have the funds."
#69  February 20, 2017, 02:08:10 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
That sucks. This man cannot even afford to keep his site running, while he is working on a game that can make him ore money than ever hoped.
#70  April 22, 2017, 08:37:41 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 22/04/2017
Ben said:

Manga FX+COSTUME UPDATES+COMBOS

Haven't updated in a while crazy real life issues and putting stuff into perspective. But we're back on track showcasing new updated game Fx (Manga hit FX) new updated costumes and also showing off 2 new character renditions you haven't seen in action yet; Aya Yasui and Ripper-Chan.

Beta testing  & Team Recruitment.
Also Beta testers and team recruitment within the next coming weeks. I have already done Local beta testing and resolved some of the issues I got in the feed back. One of the main issues being that the game was too claustrophobic. So I have fixed that issue by altering all of the attacks and giving more push back on hits. (You'll see in the new fight videos). I have literally been studying Tekken, Virtua fighter and other fighting games religiously to capture the true fighting game feel. :D

Ripper-Chan & Azumi have some unique Manga phrases that represent their actions
#71  April 23, 2017, 02:39:00 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
I think that some of the special effects could use some work. Smoke and dust shouldn't glow, for example. Also, sometimes 'perfect' shapes and gradients can be a real turn off. Adding a bit of noise, distortion or variety in pattern would spruce up the FX. There's also no harm in mixing additive (IE light) FX with solid opacity FX to give more 'texture'.

Revanto  ;P
3d rocks!
#72  April 23, 2017, 09:39:51 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
I second that especially the glowing smoke and dust.
#73  April 28, 2017, 06:47:37 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 28/04/2017
Ben said:

Reiki jutsu | Art of Human Energy

previewing Mitsuko's Reiki charge ability. When a attack is charged the hit properties and damage output are all enhanced.
both of mitsuko's 1,1 and D+2 attacks are already pretty safe at -9 but you gain the following properties after charging
-Launch
-Mid hit
-larger forward velocity
-longer guard stun
-further guard push back
#74  May 18, 2017, 07:50:22 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 18/05/2017
Ben said:

Aya vs Azumi Test Match

Test match between updated version of Aya yasui and azumi, also showcases the Forsaken lands stage and Final Conflict theme.

EDIT:
The video also shows the stun level indicators.
Minimal Stun
Small punish window

Critical Stun
Large punish window

Also the introduction of new hard knock down states and Oki.
#75  May 22, 2017, 08:56:58 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 22/05/2017
Ben said:

P1, P2, CPU indicator
P1, P2 and CPU indicators have now been added. It's a good visual indicator of human control and A.I. also it will work in conjuction with the A.I ranking system which will determine the difficulty level of the CPU.

Charlotte Layla Sinclair aka Carlie
Guest Character "Carlie's" appearance has been updated upon request of the owner bluevengeance.deviantart.com/ who submitted his concept idea in my "Ideas wanted journal" You'll be seeing her in action very soon can't wait to get started considering how unique her fighting style will be.
#76  May 22, 2017, 10:49:32 pm
Magnificent.

Can't wait to try this one out.

Thx for this hard work and hope to play this masterpiece soon. Good luck for all !!!

:nuttrox:

#77  June 04, 2017, 12:16:43 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 03/06/2017
Ben said:

Papa Duum Idle

Thought I'd show some animations for change rather then screens. I was thinking on giving Papa Duum some kind of voodoo split tail jacket. Also the smaller image is the new design of his facepaint

Mohawk Amazon Sprite Patreon Commission

To avoid issues with the paying client of the initial amazon sprite commission I've had to change the Patreon "amazon sprite-set reward" So here's a sample of some of The coming month's Patreon rewards. This is a sample of the standing animation the Patrons will get the following animations in HI-res ready and for their own creative use;
Collection 1
(standing/Idle, crouching, walking forward, walking back, jumping, forward-dash, back-dash sprites, stand guard, crouch guard, aerial guard)

The sprites will be transparency masked and will be available in BMP format. Each month you will get another collection of her sprites until you have more then enough to create a character for use in your own projects, games, animations or so fourth.
https://www.patreon.com/strides2glory
#78  June 04, 2017, 04:34:00 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
Papa Duum reminds me of a character from the movie Live and Let Die. I think it would be cool to have a skin where the gloves are black and the bones of his hands are the design on the gloves (so it looks like an x-ray).

Rev.
3d rocks!
#79  June 16, 2017, 04:55:13 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 15/06/2017
Ben said:

Blue Lotus Troopers - Arcade Sub-game

Blue Lotus Senshi (aka Azumi's henchmen) basic/boring standing animation I did for my "Strides2GloryVs" fighting game project.  These guys are non-playable characters and are encountered in one of the Arcade mode sub-games. You will have to fight a number of these guys on screen at the same time as part of the bonus challenge. Health restoration items and other sub-game specific features that are unique to the fighters will be available in this bonus fight.

There will also be a second sub-game that pits you up against the "Red Autumn" kunoichi girls.
#80  June 24, 2017, 10:22:30 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 24/06/2017
Ben said:

Some more Carlie Progress

More progress on guest character Carlie. The character belongs to a Patreon of mine by the name of bluevengeance.deviantart.com/ who submitted his concept idea in my "Ideas wanted journal". Stay tuned to see her in action.

Carlie updated stance

Carlie walk back

UPDATED FORSAKEN LANDS STAGE
-decided to make it more fiery and gave it a more detailed background