Looking good :)
Re: Stage Discussion
#122  September 21, 2015, 12:10:32 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Looking good :)

Thanks. :)

So here's the animated part of the lava I was talking about yesterday, I managed to rip it:

And here are the skies, in beautiful Photoshop hi-res:

Once I finish the mountainous backdrop (which will be faithful to how the anime handled it), I'll put the entire thing as an animated mock up.

Thoughts? Anything I should add to it, remove, edit?
This is a generic forum signature.
#123  September 21, 2015, 12:24:24 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Maybe have the sky more blood red? And have the horizon dark green to black and then transition to the sky you have like this:

Also do the clouds move and will you do lightning?

It's looking awesome atm keep it up!
#124  September 21, 2015, 12:43:23 am
    • Mexico
Maybe this help is a edit of pyron
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#125  September 21, 2015, 01:04:04 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Maybe have the sky more blood red? And have the horizon dark green to black and then transition to the sky you have like this:

Also do the clouds move and will you do lightning?

It's looking awesome atm keep it up!

I'll make it bleed a bit more.  :P

This was meant to be the sky line, so I wasn't planning on making it move.  Would you like me to add the clouds from Earth plains and edit them to fit the atmosphere or do you want me to remove the one I made?

I'll see if I can make lighting.
#126  September 21, 2015, 01:30:15 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
That can work. Maybe we can have the sky lighten and darken. Like from the lightning
#127  September 21, 2015, 01:50:12 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That can work. Maybe we can have the sky lighten and darken. Like from the lightning

Actually, that sounds perfect. It gives the stage a really eerie and ominous vibe. I'll see to it soon.

As for adding clouds, I'll try to reference stages from either: Children of the Atom, Street Fighter Zero 2, SF3: New Generation or Darkstalkers 3. I think it'll work out, maybe 2 or 3 moving clouds sounds good.

Hopefully, it'll all be done by the end of this week. ^_^
Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 02:03:35 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#128  September 24, 2015, 03:57:33 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Decided against foreground mountains, and reserved them to BG hills and mountains, in a similar way to Daeron's Namek stage.

First one was completely made from pixels by me, while referencing Shuma-Gorath's MSH stage. Tree was taken from X-Men CoTA.

I'll send you the lightning sky PSD, because the GIF looks terrible and plain lossy in quality. Sent

Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 04:00:48 am by Zaitsu Hatter

lui

#129  September 24, 2015, 04:01:07 am
    • USA
dude, this is sex in stage form.
#130  September 24, 2015, 04:03:54 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
dude, this is sex in stage form.

With you saying that, this means I've done something right, considering your art skill and eye for lots of things digital art related.

lui

#131  September 24, 2015, 04:05:03 am
    • USA
i'm loving how the sky blends in with the lava, It has a nice contrast.

#132  September 24, 2015, 06:27:56 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Man that is awesome. Got damn. Yea you're gonna have to do more stages later. :P
#133  September 25, 2015, 04:26:23 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Man that is awesome. Got damn. Yea you're gonna have to do more stages later. :P

Let's see how the rest of my RL goes, and I'll consider doing either Forest or Budokai Tenkaichi when I have the free time and at least finish one of my on-going WIPs.

Either way:

Here's the lightning effect you proposed in GIF format. Note that this won't be pixelated like this, but for now this is only to showcase how it'll be like, I couldn't find any better way to export it.

If this gets a green light, I'll post them as individual PNG frames, since the quality doesn't seem so lossy when I save it in that format.
#134  September 25, 2015, 04:52:17 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
That looks awesome. Very awesome
#135  September 26, 2015, 05:56:42 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That looks awesome. Very awesome

I'll take that as a greenlight.

So we are almost done here, for the first time in MUGEN history, the lazy duck here is actually going to complete something.

Only thing left to do are the destroyed Namekian houses, and then the final plain/hill that's outlined in dark purple. Once I complete those, I'll send you everything as indexed PNGs, and the lightning frames and sky will be sent as indexed PNGs separately. (and then nominate myself for a Contributor Star, since I need Inbox space. Plus it gives me MUGEN superiority!)

I hope to go back to one of my own WIPs after this, maybe when I finish it, I'll consider doing either Budokai Tenkaichi or Forest, depending on my RL time.  ^_^
Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 06:01:15 pm by Zaitsu Hatter

lui

#136  September 26, 2015, 06:02:48 pm
    • USA
You don't get Mugen superiority until you make a decent POTS styled character! >:(

in serious tho, this is looking awesome, i love how everything just blends in together well. nice work!

DO BUDOKAI TENKAICHI AND INCLUDE CAMEOS IN IT PLEASE
#137  September 26, 2015, 06:05:57 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
You don't get Mugen superiority until you make a decent POTS styled character! >:(

in serious tho, this is looking awesome, i love how everything just blends in together well. nice work!

DO BUDOKAI TENKAICHI AND INCLUDE CAMEOS IN IT PLEASE

Thanks. I hope to apply everything I learned/did here in Shibuya Crossing, I actually gained some new insight into stage-making from this (proper hand-made dithering, for example)

I'll look into that when I start spriting it. ^_^

lui

#138  September 26, 2015, 06:07:36 pm
    • USA
you learned dithering properly and hand-made? you fool! don't you know being lazy like me and using shortcuts to attempt it is more logical?!
#139  September 26, 2015, 06:33:30 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I love this and i will def support you getting a purple star. Awesome awesome work man!
#140  September 26, 2015, 06:36:06 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
you learned dithering properly and hand-made? you fool! don't you know being lazy like me and using shortcuts to attempt it is more logical?!

LOL, since when was graphics making a logical thing? I literally swap back and forth between logical and illogical when doing sprites :laugh:

I love this and i will def support you getting a purple star. Awesome awesome work man!

Thank you. I really enjoyed working on this, and more stages will come for this. :D :D