• USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Looking great! This stage is going to feel very lively. I can't wait

GLB

Re: Stage Discussion
#262  October 01, 2017, 06:42:16 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Awesome, man! Looking good.

Is the bear anim being included in the day version as well? The Delta's keep the day version very lively on their own, but as far as animations themselves the only one I've got in mind at this moment is a lens flare to compliment the lighting on the trees
#263  October 01, 2017, 06:47:11 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
You know, before I read your post, I actually forgot that I intended for the bear to be in the day variant. Idk why I kept saying it was for the night variant. >-<

I mean, its up to Neo if he wants it in the night variant as well. But a walking/standing bear in the day sounds a lot better than at night. At least in terms of how well it would mesh w/ the variant.
This is a generic forum signature.
#264  October 01, 2017, 07:28:05 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Yea the owl is for the night version. Bear is meant for the day.

GLB

#265  October 02, 2017, 02:44:39 am
Alright sounds good. Should have a more finalized version ready pretty soon. Just need to complete the final back section (smallest trees), add the sky/sky elements and do a lens flare animation, then i'm just waiting on the bear. I'll try and improvise some things in as well and see if they're fitting to the stage.

I'm gonna get back to Dying Namek as well, I just don't recall what needed to be redone/finished on it. Was it the sky and lightning?

on a side note, i should be able to get my skype back now (may end up with another new account lol) that way we can all stay in quick contact again.
Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:48:31 am by GLB
#266  October 02, 2017, 03:02:20 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
For Dying Namek, I'm going to be redoing the elements from scratch, so that it can match up with the style of the Forest stage. It shouldn't be too long or hard this time around bc in comparison to the Forest, there aren't that many elements to it iinm.

GLB

#267  October 02, 2017, 05:07:49 am
Sounds good!

Forest has been updated, figured i'd show it off a little bit, only about 4 trees left to code, the sky and the flare. I'm really loving the deltas in this stage so far, every tree being individually sprited & coded was definitely the way to go. I've gotta compliment Hatter on the beautiful elements one more time.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#268  December 19, 2017, 11:26:22 am
    • USA
    • http://dbfgame.net
Sounds good!

Forest has been updated, figured i'd show it off a little bit, only about 4 trees left to code, the sky and the flare. I'm really loving the deltas in this stage so far, every tree being individually sprited & coded was definitely the way to go. I've gotta compliment Hatter on the beautiful elements one more time.

good job bro. But why Buu lock taller than Goku?
I am a fan of Dragon Ball FighterZ
#269  December 19, 2017, 07:28:12 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
First, It's yamcha. second, Super buu is supposed to be taller than both of them. So,yea.
#270  December 23, 2017, 11:31:43 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Some more progress on the Forest:

Campfire animation still needs a shadow to be reflected on the tree its facing, and maybe some cleaning around the edges; I based it around this, since imo, it worked well with the fire frames I made (6). It'll have to be exaggerated more, but I'm working on that. That, and a lighting animation on surrounding items like the petals.

I opted for a simpler animation for the owl since you'll probably see him when jumping. I still might add a simple head turn later on.

So other than another bear animation, snow/rain variants and their needed animations (which shouldn't be a lot), the Forest is actually almost done, graphics-wise.
#271  December 25, 2017, 06:03:37 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Looks great. The flames lower glare thats on the floor should be a bit wider me thinks. Not feeling the glares color maybe a bit brighter with a more yellow-orange tint (moreso on the orange)

Can't wait for the variants!
#272  December 29, 2017, 04:02:31 am
Really nice sprite and animations there, both the fire and bear look really smooth!
#273  March 08, 2018, 03:52:49 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Super late, but thanks.

Sorry for the absence of work here. I just started to work on the bear's stance animation:

I know it feels weird right around the end, but once I finish this, and fix up the bear's walk animation (it's only really his ears that need it), I promise it'll make much more sense then. I based it mostly off this dude.

Also began work on the snow variant, nothing much though:

I'm mostly going to focus on this as a MUGEN project for now, so expect more of me here!
#274  March 10, 2018, 08:44:21 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Shit Didn't see this at all! looking great. Don't worry about taking so long, I'm still busting my ass on frieza atm (Need to show off krillen a bit now)

Also for the snow variant I know it's early and you probably plan to do it anyway, the tree's should sort of feel like there pushing through the snow in the foreground rather then just plastered behind it.
Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:49:06 am by Neocide
#275  March 10, 2018, 06:15:18 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah, that part about the trees slipped by me. I'll definitely run through it again to get that natural effect down.
#276  January 02, 2019, 11:48:39 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
So it has been a while, I can confidently say that a big bulk of the night version of the custom "Forest" stage is now complete:

I will be making a variant as well where the campfire is out and all that. From there, I will focus on the snow and rain variants of this stage before either: a) remaking the "Dying Namek" stage or b) moving onto a newer venue. All depends on what Neocide wants.

Stay tuned, bc I got some neat environment art coming up.
#277  January 03, 2019, 01:32:05 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Looks amazing.I think after this theres about 4 stages I think could be before destroyed namek.

Coastline of namek
Roshi's house
Room of space and time.
Kamis lookout

Whichever one you want to do is up to you. Just want one of these atm for a balance of terrain. If these feel like too big a challenge(I think most will need custom work for the big parts) you can rework dead namek and we can go from there. No super rush on this,I am coding again though.And want to get something out by years end if possible

glb wth you at.

#278  January 03, 2019, 01:46:54 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
If I had to choose in order, I'd probably do it something like: Roshi's House, Room of Space and Time, Coastline of Namek and Kami's Lookout. Roshi's House would be the walk in the park of the bunch, before it gets progressively challenging, which I welcome. It would also help keep things interesting as well for us and the people following along.
#279  January 03, 2019, 02:02:23 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
That works! I'm gonna show off some shots of the forest with the changes I did to it once I get home.
#280  July 08, 2019, 12:57:21 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I wasted a good 2.5-3 months making these animations instead of actually finishing this Forest stage and it's variations, but I'm back and I'm ready to take the world by its testicles.

Day variation
Status: Nearly complete, need to clean up the furthest background trees to look a bit cleaner, and needs some clouds. Then it's off to GLB and Neocide.

Night variation
Status: Needs a tweaked campfire + glow animation, make the fire animation 8 frames, and have the glow sync better (the color differences you are seeing is bc of Photoshop blend modes being a pain in the ass, I will give them all a unified red glow). Also needs some clouds, which I can copy-pasta from the Day variation and give a palette change. Also need to resend the completed elements to Neo and GLB, since I overhauled the lighting (ty Photoshop)

"I hate Canadian winters" variation
Status: Nearly complete, needs a polar bear animation (can edit from a previous bear animation I made before), and send the elements over to GLB and Neocide.

Unless I missed any variations, I should be all done once I do what I need to do, and then move onto redoing the Dying Namek stage. That one will be fortunately easy, since it involves drawing over all the elements of that stage, and making sure that it fits with this style, and that it doesn't look like something out of MvC.

Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:01:26 am by apathy