• Skype - Neocide
that looks fantastic, and will do!

GLB

Re: Stage Discussion
#42  September 24, 2014, 01:48:58 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Here you go then:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3yasxi

For the snow, you could do like, some white dots on a black bg, maybe add a blur or a glow to them, make it like 2 dots diagonally apart, and save that one small image as a sprite, and make one more a completely different set up, then tile them both with different velocities and direction. I can work on some later on in the week, I'll also browse some games that could have rain and snow that may be less flashy and more fitting for your project.
#43  September 24, 2014, 02:44:03 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
if you can think of anything else feel free to throw it in, I don't have any final set in stone props for any stages.

GLB

#44  September 29, 2014, 01:19:59 am
I made some tileable snow, tested in mugen and it looks alright, though it will be a plethora if you duplicate it and switch up speed/directions.

Just index it and it should work fine.

I was gonna add other stuff but I haven't come across anything yet. If I find something that may work I'll get it to you asap.
#45  September 29, 2014, 02:28:55 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
wonderful. Stars would be cool too. and asteroids? if that's too much out of your wheelhouse. atmosphere stuff in general would be coo.

GLB

#46  October 01, 2014, 03:50:09 am
Stars turned out really nice, tested them in mugen and with tile they looked good. Asteroids are a bit out of my wheelhouse, but i did try to work with it a bit, since i couldn't edit or create my own I ripped a .gif and found a random sprite sheet that could be of assistance.

I also included a few planets i messed around with (color wise) that you might like.

I'll keep on looking/working!

here you go:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7cq9ub
#47  October 02, 2014, 11:46:42 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
These are awesome. have you tried making clouds before? or mist etc?

GLB

#48  October 03, 2014, 03:58:51 am
I've made several HR clouds for my stages, I'm sure I could just reduce their size for LR, or do you prefer a more in game style? I usually just tile my clouds with velocity for moving so a single static cloud should suffice.

I'll tinker around and see what i come up with later on.  :)
#49  October 03, 2014, 04:00:51 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
no clue I'm not actually going to code these things, just create them. :p

GLB

#50  October 03, 2014, 10:03:16 pm
#51  October 04, 2014, 12:30:36 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
OMG yes keep this shit coming! have you ever done lightning before? :D or like dusty wind? (that last one might be complex)

GLB

#52  October 04, 2014, 04:25:23 am
here be dat custom lightning:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ogyimq

i got a set in there that's indexed already cuz I had planned to use it then never did.

or like dusty wind?

All the custom i could come up with that are a very HR looking effect (particle illusion dust)

however, I know KOF (2001?) has a desert stage that should have usable sprites. I'll look into it tomorrow afternoon!
#53  October 04, 2014, 06:43:06 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
To be honest, that's fine, kinda want to mix and match with that sort of stuff to see what comes out looking best. While I'm aiming more towards daeron's style for the most part, I do want to branch out and try something in between LR and HR or just blend some things into it.

My mind works in mysteriously awesome ways :p

GLB

#54  October 05, 2014, 06:46:28 am
Awesome. I got a few things i could use if you need other specifics then! Since HR is more my style.  :cool4:

Bad news: Dust animation turned out to be about 601 frames, and super color lossy when indexed. It'd be quite annoying to edit the color/size of those, unless you could find a smaller loop point, and deal with the loss. In which case i'll send it to you if you wanna give it a shot.

Good news: Got PCX versions of KOF 2000 Desert Storm sand for ya. Hopefully that works out, i didn't put them in the same image dimensions though, they're cropped so alignment may be an issue unless you edit them. If all else fails for dust, you can always take a fog sprite and recolor it to be more sandy and just code it to move a lot faster than a regular fog.

Also ripped some really cool HR lightning for you, only about 32 frames so editing it (to be smaller) wouldn't be THAT bad.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8rlj1q

I can get a lot of cool animations like the lightning. Downfall is, they usually spit out about 4-7 hundred+ layers and finding a good loop point is not very easy unless you've got a photographic memory, or I haven't learned the proper trick yet lol.

#55  October 05, 2014, 11:41:21 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yea that sounds like a shitton of frames, whatever you can do is appreciated though thanks!
#56  October 15, 2014, 08:07:08 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Ha. I was able to whip this together in about 10 minutes. @GLB: if you can get the tree's so they aren't cut off, that would be awesome.

Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:49:53 am by Neocide
#57  October 15, 2014, 07:57:56 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
looking good the element really blend well together
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

GLB

#58  October 16, 2014, 01:08:56 am
Unfortunately in the source game they cut off like that. I could attempt to re-size it if you're trying to get more jumping space out of it though. Really dig the base you got so far! The water on the right is a pixel or two off of the water on the left though.
#59  October 16, 2014, 01:35:48 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yea I noticed about the water but it's a mockup so yea. and shit, I'd like super jump to be possible, but with the trees cut and plopped on the floor I'm probably going to have to remove them entirely. If you can find palm tree's (I got ken's tree already) so I can go back over this.

GLB

#60  October 16, 2014, 02:03:51 am
I'll try making some trees for you later on, or think of some games with some that i can steal from. I'll keep them separate from the floor so you can have deltas on your trees.

For now here's this: