YesNoOk

General Sonic The Hedgehog franchise discussion  (Read 91678 times)

Started by Hyogo, February 25, 2013, 03:24:51 am
Share this topic:
Re: General Sonic The Hedgehog franchise discussion
#81  February 07, 2014, 12:43:53 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
I dunno, I don't mind re-designs since it's a sub franchise and isn't actually canon to Sonic's main story.
The cartoon looks great since it's all silly, Kids will love it, Though hearing Sonic's voice too much will probably hurt my ears.

Also Killer Kong, I love your avatar.
#82  February 07, 2014, 04:54:37 pm
    • USA
Among the situations the cast will get wrapped up in are “Knuckles becoming mayor” and “Dr. Eggman faking an injury so he can take Sonic to court.”

Ahahahahaha! MUST... WATCH!

Then there is what a lot of you might care more about: the new video games. The first game is for the Wii U, and is the final of the three exclusive Sonic titles for Nintendo systems. Unlike every major title over the past decade and a half, Sonic Boom is not being developed by Sonic Team, but by Big Red Button Entertainment. The studio consists of ex-Naughty Dog staff, including Christian Senn. Known around these parts as lead designer on the cancelled Sonic X-treme for the Saturn, Chris’s official title at the studio is Lead Level Implementer. Sure, it’s almost 20 years later, but Chris finally gets his crack at the Sonic franchise.

This is pretty cool! It's funny how you get a second chance at something so many years later.

Ah yeah, more info at http://www.sonicretro.org/2014/02/new-spin-off-franchise-sonic-boom-revealed-will-have-tv-shows-and-video-games/
#83  February 07, 2014, 05:12:25 pm
Among the situations the cast will get wrapped up in
wrapped up in, that explains the bandages huh!!!!!!!!! someone laugh
#84  February 07, 2014, 05:20:55 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK

What would the Mario version even be called if it were happening.
#85  February 07, 2014, 05:31:17 pm
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com
Dat Luigi.
#86  February 07, 2014, 05:39:07 pm
Petty Complaints:
Tail's headphones are on the side of his head (Like a normal person) and not logically over his ears

how's that a petty complaint, it looks stupid as fuck once you realize what's going on
#87  February 08, 2014, 02:46:37 am
  • Fuck You.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#88  February 08, 2014, 05:10:15 am
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
I think its a bit fair to say the further from logic and reality Sonic stays, the better...
#89  February 08, 2014, 11:49:30 am
You know i like the new designs. For Knuckles, he looks silly. But in fact i kinda like it.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#90  February 08, 2014, 11:28:07 pm
    • USA

Yeah, I'm already used to how he looks like. Guess is not a terrible change after all.
#91  February 10, 2014, 02:56:05 pm
#92  February 10, 2014, 03:03:52 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

This fan art looks better than the original sonic boom redesigns i think.
#93  February 10, 2014, 03:06:58 pm
knuckles looks smaller than the rest. its ok fanart
#94  February 10, 2014, 03:20:28 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
These new designs are so thoughtless and lame. The art director must have been amateur to accept a design direction like this.  Throw on a few bandages in random unconventional places? The artist probably doesn't even know himself why those bandages are there. Everything just screams amateur. Although I get the roided knuckles concept him being the muscle of the group n all.
#95  February 10, 2014, 03:51:13 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Isn't there a thing where athletes wrap sports tape around their ankles for stability? That might explain the bandages around Sonic and Tails ' feet.

I have no clue about the others although Knuckles might be using boxing tape? I dunno.
#96  February 10, 2014, 04:14:17 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
These new designs are so thoughtless and lame. The art director must have been amateur to accept a design direction like this.  Throw on a few bandages in random unconventional places? The artist probably doesn't even know himself why those bandages are there. Everything just screams amateur. Although I get the roided knuckles concept him being the muscle of the group n all.

Can you say the same for Nomura and Amano for loading their designs with belts, zippers and beads?
#97  February 10, 2014, 04:45:40 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/

Can you say the same for Nomura and Amano for loading their designs with belts, zippers and beads?

Yes.  I am not a fan of final fantasy or any of their character designs.

Isn't there a thing where athletes wrap sports tape around their ankles for stability? That might explain the bandages around Sonic and Tails ' feet.

I have no clue about the others although Knuckles might be using boxing tape? I dunno.

Sonic and tails have wraps around their shoes too. Which makes no sense. It seems as if the artist just wanted to keep things busy by adding a bunch of random assets without thinking of the logistics that pertain to them.
Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:49:50 pm by LM_FO
#98  February 10, 2014, 05:41:36 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Sonic and tails have wraps around their shoes too. Which makes no sense. It seems as if the artist just wanted to keep things busy by adding a bunch of random assets without thinking of the logistics that pertain to them.

That's sports tape.

#99  February 11, 2014, 01:13:33 am
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Actually a lot more thought seems to have been put into the Sonic Boom designs compared to the original.
I mean shit...a lot of the characters are pretty same-y when you get past the whole colored anthropomorphic animal thing. Their designs
are not that complex.
#100  February 11, 2014, 01:35:39 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/