YesNoOk

Is characters fighting with seperate fight systems competitive? Why and why not (Read 13750 times)

Started by IKEISLEGEND, June 05, 2018, 01:41:03 am
Share this topic:
Is characters fighting with seperate fight systems competitive? Why and why not
#1  June 05, 2018, 01:41:03 am
  • Ive taken my skills beyond mugen
    • USA
    • Skype - bushinryu Master
Character crossing competitive?
HIDDEN BOSS
Re: Is characters fighting with seperate fight systems competitive? Why and why not
#2  June 05, 2018, 02:10:05 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Play Capcom fight jam and you tell me.
Re: Is characters fighting with seperate fight systems competitive? Why and why not
#3  June 05, 2018, 02:35:34 am
    • USA
The game itself was trash. Play cvs2 its one of the most competitive Fighting games ever
HIDDEN BOSS
#4  June 05, 2018, 02:55:41 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
But you can select the system in that game on all characters, so it's not entirely "separate".

I thought you meant like fighting jam.
#5  June 09, 2018, 05:28:43 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
If the characters are balance with other fight systems in mind then yeah.
#6  June 09, 2018, 06:41:19 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I mean for guest characters in general like Akuma in Tekken 7,I had idea for character to use its own bar and its own game's mechanics,while keeping most same
for example,its Ironman,he keeps his ground chains,guardpush but unlike other characters he can't do SuperCancel for example,
Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 07:05:51 pm by mete122
#7  June 10, 2018, 03:28:11 am
    • USA
But you can select the system in that game on all characters, so it's not entirely "separate".

I thought you meant like fighting jam.

No just separate systems for example KOF 02 vs KOF XI. Would that be a competitive match?

HIDDEN BOSS
#8  June 10, 2018, 03:29:35 am
    • USA
HIDDEN BOSS
#9  June 10, 2018, 03:32:55 am
    • USA
I mean for guest characters in general like Akuma in Tekken 7,I had idea for character to use its own bar and its own game's mechanics,while keeping most same
for example,its Ironman,he keeps his ground chains,guardpush but unlike other characters he can't do SuperCancel for example,

That's a great idea thanks for sharing, I'm thinking more like all chars fighting under there own system
HIDDEN BOSS
#10  June 17, 2018, 05:56:19 am
Fighting games is made for players
If the game is unbalanced or AI is too strong players won't buy it.

Mugen is made for developers.
Free not aimed to be balanced, not to make players happy. but make non-pro developer happy.
I can code my characters who cares too be balanced? There is no manager force me to do that...

I can set my weak punch to damager 10000+ and kill you in a second. and I can set my char don't take any damage. yeah my character is the best....
something like that.....

#11  June 17, 2018, 04:13:58 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I don't really understand the question. Are you asking if it's a fair fight if a character from a MvC fights a character from KoF despite radically different combo and fighting systems?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#12  June 17, 2018, 04:29:58 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I mean putting a Kofxiii character against any other kof gameplay is crazy in my book its not competitive for example,Kofxiii' is too combo based,even the graplers got combos in that game,what can you pull of with Kof 98 Kyo,I can do it times 10 better with XIII Ash Saga Kyo
#13  July 13, 2018, 10:40:08 am
    • USA
I don't really understand the question. Are you asking if it's a fair fight if a character from a MvC fights a character from KoF despite radically different combo and fighting systems?

Yea thats the question. not exactly that match up but yea do you think chars fighting under their own systems can be competitive?
HIDDEN BOSS
#14  July 13, 2018, 06:30:26 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
It could be fair, I guess. There is another important factor during a match, the ability of the users.

Speed comes to mind like SF2 char vs SF2Turbo character. But still, in the hands of the right user this may not change the out come. 

#15  July 14, 2018, 01:41:51 am
    • USA
It could be fair, I guess. There is another important factor during a match, the ability of the users.

Speed comes to mind like SF2 char vs SF2Turbo character. But still, in the hands of the right user this may not change the out come. 

exactly,  guilty gear vs mvc2. bison  vs order sol it will come down to the skill of the player. They both have useful system options that can be effect during the match thats unique to their fight system  but both have chain combos etc....... 
HIDDEN BOSS
#16  July 17, 2018, 01:10:40 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Sol clearly has the upper hand though, especially with how his hitboxes are.
#17  July 17, 2018, 02:56:43 am
You got your answer the moment you played MUGEN.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Ex: Try MKX Raiden vs MK1 Raiden. MKX Raiden will destroy MK1. Order Sol vs MBison. Order Sol will crush M. Bison(MvC) out of the ball park.
Now the KOF systems are not THAT different, so you may have a better competitive match there. KOFXIII should destroy KOF 02, system wise.

plus you have to play test every character for the smallest detail to see if you can cheese a victory,
Like Doa vs VF, Doa will win, Reason? annoying counter hold.
Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:01:13 am by Iori730

lui

#18  July 17, 2018, 07:01:23 am
    • USA
the answer will always, be no.

even games that are consistent arent always super balanced competetively so characters that have completely different systems breaks it even more.

justify it all you want, it will never be tourney viable without being a meme because of the nature and brokenness that having characters with different systems' brings in.

CFJ is garbage specifically for this reason alone as well as other things.
#19  July 24, 2018, 04:58:11 am
    • USA
You got your answer the moment you played MUGEN.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Ex: Try MKX Raiden vs MK1 Raiden. MKX Raiden will destroy MK1. Order Sol vs MBison. Order Sol will crush M. Bison(MvC) out of the ball park.
Now the KOF systems are not THAT different, so you may have a better competitive match there. KOFXIII should destroy KOF 02, system wise.

plus you have to play test every character for the smallest detail to see if you can cheese a victory,
Like Doa vs VF, Doa will win, Reason? annoying counter hold.

be serious, nobodys doing no mk matches. Order Sol will not destroy M.bison you must not know Bison in that game lol. KOF of will be super competitive as always. XIII ans Um system is pretty much the same XIII just has a juggle system.  DOA?? that counter shit is broken I been dropped that game 10 years ago
HIDDEN BOSS
#20  July 24, 2018, 05:07:32 am
    • USA
the answer will always, be no.

even games that are consistent arent always super balanced competetively so characters that have completely different systems breaks it even more.

justify it all you want, it will never be tourney viable without being a meme because of the nature and brokenness that having characters with different systems' brings in.

CFJ is garbage specifically for this reason alone as well as other things.

Walruslui, you must have no competitive exp talkin like that. Any fighting game will have a tourny scene long as there's  money on the line. Look at mvc 3 that was the most broken game ever and look how popular it was. Different systems wont break the game broken asss properties is what breaks games.
HIDDEN BOSS