YesNoOk

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Read 872376 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, September 29, 2011, 10:17:18 pm
Share this topic:
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
#1541  February 18, 2018, 07:11:38 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
#1542  February 18, 2018, 07:28:50 pm
Batoto is fucking D E A D so this will have to do
Mangadex took over. They started from scratch, they've been reuploading a monster load of everything nonstop for a few weeks (I've rediscovered a few oldies and oneshots) but the site itself is just as good. And they have that new Jojo chapter too. Batoto ('s content) became Mangawindow but the site changed and it's a bit weird (but the filtering system is better).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 07:33:51 pm by Byakko
#1543  February 19, 2018, 06:02:04 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I'm kinda hate Joubin for putting Tsurugi through this but his actions in this chapter have improved my opinion of him.
#1544  February 19, 2018, 06:51:43 pm
Meh, he's just a guy who thought he had a very good reason to do terrible things and deflected it with "it's not bad if it's for my family's safety", and somehow he convinced himself that nothing would go wrong for him, only to realize that things are going terribly wrong when he and his kid end up on the wrong side of it and he figures out that the people he allied with really don't give a shit about him because why would they.
It's not a type of character I have much appreciation for.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1545  March 19, 2018, 08:41:10 pm
#1546  March 19, 2018, 10:56:27 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So what exactly was the fucking point of introducing the entire Higashikata family as suspicious, mysterious antagonists just to spend seven entire years slowly revealing one by one that none of them were in fact suspicious, mysterious, or antagonistic at all?

The "mystery" aspect of this whole arc is really wearing thin, IMO.  Something needs to actually happen real soon. 
#1547  April 19, 2018, 05:39:38 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wow I missed the last chapter.
Stuff's intense man,with everyone bleeding and the place also being on fire
I don't know why it was necessary for us to know that Poor Tom eats vag tho but thanks Araki
So what exactly was the fucking point of introducing the entire Higashikata family as suspicious, mysterious antagonists just to spend seven entire years slowly revealing one by one that none of them were in fact suspicious, mysterious, or antagonistic at all?

The "mystery" aspect of this whole arc is really wearing thin, IMO.
Joubin and his mother are very much still kept in mystery. Norisuke is also sometimes kinda suspicious and I never really expected anything out of Joshuu or the ditzy sister anyway . Dissapointed they really didn't give any screentime to the maid tho,or Holly,as I feel they really need it.California King Bed girl should also do more. Hell , I wish we had a sidestory with the rest of the characters at one point but the monthly release thing would probably make it forever till we get back to the actual plot.

Also New chapter
https://mangadex.org/chapter/255483/1
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1548  April 20, 2018, 04:12:20 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
I managed to watch the live action Jojo movie a couple of days ago. The effects and Stands were great but I had a few issues with other aspects of the movie, especially the laboriously slow pacing. I won't go into the other issues, though. Watch the movie yourselves and I'm sure you'll have your own opinions about it.

I will say this, though, it is always hard to get an anime or manga to translate to a live action movie well, especially when it comes to more fantasy-like elements or silly designs.

Revanto ;P
3d rocks!
#1549  April 20, 2018, 11:51:22 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yea man I heard the movie version did some really weird changes and was generally just not for people who aren't fans of the series
I haven't watched it yet but I hope it ends up aight
#1550  April 21, 2018, 03:19:06 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
Yea man I heard the movie version did some really weird changes and was generally just not for people who aren't fans of the series
I haven't watched it yet but I hope it ends up aight

Yeah, well they kind of had to considering the length of the series, how they would tie all the condensed stories together and to make it more movie-worthy. Some concepts in the Jojo-verse would just be too weird for your standard movie audience so they probably toned some of that stuff, too.

Rev. ;P
3d rocks!
#1551  June 18, 2018, 08:11:51 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
#1552  June 18, 2018, 08:46:16 pm
Joubin actually pulls through and screws everyone else during an intense battle royal and nobody even knows, now that's a good way to make up for being an ass of a character, color me interested. And of course the plant appraiser isn't actually dead.
#1553  June 18, 2018, 09:20:05 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Whoops didn't know we got a new chapter today so uhhh
https://mangadex.org/chapter/378423/1
New Chapter!!
(Well for those who haven't read it already)
And of course the plant appraiser isn't actually dead.
I'm glad,I hope they give him more time before they seemingly just off him again. He "died" too quick in my opinion

Also Joubin is fucking great
And who was the "sniper" supposed to be? Was it Rai or a third party?
#1554  June 21, 2018, 09:03:30 am
#1555  June 21, 2018, 12:54:58 pm
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#1556  June 22, 2018, 12:56:58 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
finally fucking music references from my generation.
#1557  June 24, 2018, 06:14:13 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Them going with Pink Giorno is really weird since Giornos clothes are just a customized school uniform,which means all italian boys in his town wear bright pink to school
#1558  June 24, 2018, 06:15:42 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
He's a gangsta, he doesn't follow the rules.
#1559  July 05, 2018, 01:50:03 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina

Giorno will be voiced by Kenshō Ono
Bruno will be voiced by Yuichi Nakamura

Also absolutely love the music direction the trailer shows
#1560  July 19, 2018, 06:12:27 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser