YesNoOk

Rugal Bernstein (Back on Track!) (Read 58036 times)

Started by RΣDDBRIПK, January 21, 2018, 08:23:30 am
Share this topic:
Re: Rugal Bernstein (Back on Track!)
#41  June 17, 2018, 04:05:49 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Dead End Screamer  would be nice
#42  June 17, 2018, 10:19:45 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I would say... none of the above.

• Kaiser Phoenix is really really really lame, and I'm honestly shocked that SNK didn't totally ditch it or revamp it when they made 2002UM (I suppose they figured Rugal didn't need to be even stronger). But regardless, it's a really dumb looking move that goes on for too long, for piddling damage. It sucks!
  • God End just doesn't feel right with regular Rugal, it very much feels like a God Rugal exclusive type of move; like Shin Akuma and Misogi.
  • And Dead End Screamer just doesn't feel grand enough to be a level 3, unless it was reworked a good deal.

So instead, I would propose something completely different, something that would be both unique and doable with CvS sprites: Rugal Execution.

this is an Omega Rugal super that only appeared in KOF98, but God Rugal also had a version of it as a special. And that alone feels pretty natural: (regular) Rugal's most powerful move, his level 3, is just a regular old super for Omega Rugal. And for God Rugal? It's so unimportant that it's been downgraded to a special.

Anyways, offical CvS sprites exist of this move, but only for God Rugal. But luckily enough, warusaki3's Rugal has normal Rugal sprited versions of this move, and a few others (I'm not sure if waru himself made the sprites or not). So I was just tinkering around with that Rugal and came up with this:

God Rugal's version is only a special, and thus lacks a lot of the grandeur the KOF version does. So I added some frames from God End (which also exist edited into normal Rugal form), giving him a more impactful startup and finish to the move. The God End sprites would need some minor editing to make his left hand not drenched in blood, but that should be pretty simple too.

oh and I just remembered that Vans's (normal) Rugal used Rugal Execution as his MAX2, so there's precedent!!!
#43  June 17, 2018, 10:54:34 pm
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
I would say... none of the above.

• Kaiser Phoenix is really really really lame, and I'm honestly shocked that SNK didn't totally ditch it or revamp it when they made 2002UM (I suppose they figured Rugal didn't need to be even stronger). But regardless, it's a really dumb looking move that goes on for too long, for piddling damage. It sucks!
  • God End just doesn't feel right with regular Rugal, it very much feels like a God Rugal exclusive type of move; like Shin Akuma and Misogi.
  • And Dead End Screamer just doesn't feel grand enough to be a level 3, unless it was reworked a good deal.

So instead, I would propose something completely different, something that would be both unique and doable with CvS sprites: Rugal Execution.

this is an Omega Rugal super that only appeared in KOF98, but God Rugal also had a version of it as a special. And that alone feels pretty natural: (regular) Rugal's most powerful move, his level 3, is just a regular old super for Omega Rugal. And for God Rugal? It's so unimportant that it's been downgraded to a special.

Anyways, offical CvS sprites exist of this move, but only for God Rugal. But luckily enough, warusaki3's Rugal has normal Rugal sprited versions of this move, and a few others (I'm not sure if waru himself made the sprites or not). So I was just tinkering around with that Rugal and came up with this:

God Rugal's version is only a special, and thus lacks a lot of the grandeur the KOF version does. So I added some frames from God End (which also exist edited into normal Rugal form), giving him a more impactful startup and finish to the move. The God End sprites would need some minor editing to make his left hand not drenched in blood, but that should be pretty simple too.

oh and I just remembered that Vans's (normal) Rugal used Rugal Execution as his MAX2, so there's precedent!!!

I was actually thinking the same thing at one time when I was thinking of a proper PotS Rugal.
#44  June 17, 2018, 11:24:48 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Ooh, Execution sounds a bit more promising for a Lv3 ^..^
#45  June 18, 2018, 02:16:52 am

In CvS1, his Ex mode has the Rugal Execution move. Probably Warusaki3 ripped the sprites from PSX CvS1 Pro and redefine the sprites to cvs2 standard.

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#46  June 18, 2018, 02:54:24 am
    • USA
Ah whoops, completely forgot about Rugal Execution being in CvS1!

But yeah, Waru's Rugal has a bunch of other sprites (like God End and the God Rugal stance) that have been edited to normal Rugal.
#47  June 18, 2018, 04:59:54 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA

I really like the idea of Rugal Execution being the lvl 3. It shall be done.
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#48  June 18, 2018, 07:59:29 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
so i cleaned up his left hand but soon realized that i didn't use the separated palette when editing the sprites so i have to do them again. lol!
Penguinz0 said:
#49  June 18, 2018, 10:19:56 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Left Hand has been cleaned.

Penguinz0 said:
#50  June 22, 2018, 09:21:28 am
  • Was it something I said?
I'd like it at the end if he did the pillar thing at the end of the animation, like a little wink to God End.

Also, perhaps some new Quotes since he doesn't have that many besides his God and/or Omega form.
#51  June 22, 2018, 06:18:42 pm
    • Germany
    • Joyeljayasinghe@outlook.de
I'd like it at the end if he did the pillar thing at the end of the animation, like a little wink to God End.

Also, perhaps some new Quotes since he doesn't have that many besides his God and/or Omega form.

That God/Ultimate Rugal or whatever CvS/KOF-fans telling is nothing more as Omega Rugal combined with Gouki's/Akuma's SatsuiNoHado(AsuraSenku+RagingDemon).
No more AlterEgo or Whatever.
Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:47:59 pm by xxJoe_NoeFER94xx
#52  June 23, 2018, 12:52:11 am
    • USA
I dunno, a full pillar seems wrong to me, makes it a bit too similar to God End. I think having a bunch of explosions (rather than just one like CvS Rugal Execution) will do the job well enough. Alternatively, it might be interesting to try something similar to Mature's HSDM from 2002UM, where an Orochi pillar sorta appears, but the actual animation only uses the last few frames from the regular pillar animation:
#53  June 25, 2018, 08:41:54 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
What's the status on his color separation?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#54  June 26, 2018, 09:44:53 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Penguinz0 said:
#55  June 26, 2018, 03:07:10 pm
#56  June 26, 2018, 11:01:24 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
From what I remember the statue for Guile's intro is missing,  I have them added in the SFF but its saved as 1.1 if you want I can throw it your way so you can get the sprites.

Sure! go ahead and send the sprites.
Penguinz0 said:
#57  June 27, 2018, 02:21:46 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Question: What method do you guys use to make Super text? Its been awhile since i have made some myself and can't remember how to do it correctly.
I use Photoshop CS2 (cause it was free)

Example Text that i found in another rugal
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
my attempt at it (shameful)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Any advice?
Penguinz0 said:
#58  June 27, 2018, 03:11:16 am
    • Canada
This okay? (Edges feel sharp?)

Done with GIMP
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:16:38 am by Cruz
#59  June 27, 2018, 03:35:35 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Penguinz0 said:
#60  June 28, 2018, 01:18:27 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
what i have got done so far with the move.

still needs its FX thrown in there, possibly some position re-adjustment, etc. but its coming along to say the least.
Penguinz0 said: