Well, it's happened. After nearly 3 years without a release, I now present to you what I've been working on this entire time behind the scenes: my fighting game project named MK Too. I was originally planning to keep this strictly private, but a few of my friends suggested I do a public release. With a roster of 20 characters, I figured now is the time.
This may not be a "full game" in the literal sense, as I used the Mortal Kombat screenpack by Cyberbit and Lord Sinistro and various stages/graphics from other Mugen creators (all credited in the credits sequence), but all of the character designs, character sprites, and coding are my own.
All of the characters play similarly to the characters from Mortal Kombat 1; that is, they utilize 4 buttons (high punch, low punch, high kick, low kick) and special moves performed using the cardinal directions only, but all have unique special moves, super moves, and finishers (Fatality, Friendship, Animality).
Current game features include:
Features that I would still like to implement (and may need assistance on) are:
- A character roster of 20; each character plays differently.
- All of the stages from Mortal Kombat 1-3 are here (thanks to Taybear) with the original stage fatalities implemented (except for The Subway stage).
- Unique character specific stages (again, all provided thanks to you Mugen creators).
- Difficulty scaled AI for each character.
- Bug fixes (there are bound to be a few bugs that I wasn't able to catch in testing.
- Better character balancing.
- Better character AI.
- A faster "feel" for the character combinations.
- More characters (of course).
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Feedback is appreciated, but as I said before, this was meant to be strictly a private project. I will take feedback into account, but please do not be upset if I do not take certain feedback into consideration.
You can download the game and view the movelists for each character at my site:
The engine used is the latest public release of Mugen (version 1.1), and is meant to run at 1080p. Have fun.