YesNoOk

Capcom X Snk  (Read 797530 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, September 09, 2014, 06:08:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom Vs. Snk Universe!
#841  August 23, 2016, 02:25:59 pm
    • USA
Because that's it. No more prerelease. It was temporary & only did it in hopes the community would help, but they didn't. So there is really no point in test builds. Only the chosen few now. Besides I'm remaking all the characters not about to sit here and update all day. There is a new version every other day, if you were a day one you'll have access to the one drive, if not. Whenever closer to where I want to be & seeing as I'm scraping the edits, it will be a while for anyone else.
#842  August 23, 2016, 04:27:32 pm
  • Pocket/Puzzle/Chibi/Mini Fighters!
    • Philippines
    • joshua_espallardo@yahoo.com
Now that I finally have gotten a new computer, this is the first thing I was supposed to download. Guess I will need to wait for the download links to be available again. This is a very great project and all, it deserve more people to work in it.
#843  August 23, 2016, 05:06:36 pm
    • USA
Don't worry it's never too late. Become apart of the group. We play, test, talk games, music etc. You get the latest & you get to play all my stuff first hand. I'm specifically doing all this with a strict work ethnic in mind. You can enjoy it, but I'm striving for stability. If you just want a particular character or basically plan to not contribute at all then I'd advise you to just not even bother. This goes for anyone. I really only care about one thing.. That is a complete product. Leave your personal grudges/bias at the door & we can achieve something really great working as a single unit.

Join
https://discord.gg/zEs76 I use the mobile app which is very convenient as you can stay in the discussion on the go. It's also easier to personally connect with me.
#844  August 26, 2016, 12:13:45 pm
    • Philippines
So you mean to tell me it's a "no contribution, no playing the game". Sadly, I can't contribute anything at all really, I started playing MUGEN years ago and just get stuck with downloading full games or individual chars, screenpacks etc. I am sure that it will take a long time for me to learn coding and stuff. Maybe someday, I will have enough time to spent with MUGEN, but for now just focusing on studies first. I appreciate your invitation though even if I know I may have disappointed you. I think I will just be watching your works from here.
#845  August 26, 2016, 08:35:45 pm
    • USA
No, it's a going to try to focus on getting things right & not rushing release thing. I've been doing this for years on my own, really doesn't make a difference rather someone contributes or not. It's simply the benefit of being active. Why would I, seeing as I change something every day, continuously strive to release an update? It's testing phase not enjoying myself.
#846  August 27, 2016, 12:32:17 am
  • Niigasan
awe dammit
#847  August 27, 2016, 11:49:22 am
    • USA
#848  August 27, 2016, 02:48:11 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:00:54 pm by OldGamer
#849  August 27, 2016, 03:45:15 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
He explained few posts above
Lasagna
#850  August 27, 2016, 03:50:10 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#851  August 27, 2016, 07:27:07 pm
    • USA
Aye OldGamer message me on the discord I got you. I didn't have enough space on the one drive at the time so I had to remove the old link. I'll put the previous mega one up. For you of course I have something special.
#852  August 27, 2016, 11:08:31 pm
  • Long live the era of M.U.G.E.N.
    • USA
    • Skype - shawndsky93
yo rei I tried to reach you on discord but your invite expired.
#853  August 28, 2016, 07:44:31 pm
REI has never said "no contribution, no playing the game"
Hes restructuring how the game development is handled.
And has always had a version up for download. Just there will be constant changes for a while.  So  no reason to  reupload the 3gb demo everytime a stage gets updated or  guiles sonic boom speed goes from 5 to 4.8
the version of the game thats been sitting there for literally months.  Has been fully playable online and off.  And small changes like what i mentioned above. Makes online play impossible between versions.
 Your not missing out on anything.  In my opinion play testing is not fun.  Connections are bad.  And i have more fun goofing around with pexxar(sup Dannyo!) And koopa.   (Rei doesnt joke  much. Cuz hes busy ironing out bugs)  than i do getting my ass handed to me  because we are testing a character i dont use
As far as not having a mugen skill.  Thats an excuse.   I didnt have one. So i told rei i would learn to do something useful.  And i have been barely useful at all.  So my advice to you. Pick something and learn it.   Character  color pallettes.   . Hell anything.  I took up spriting. Not because i wanted to. But because theres no one that does sprites.  And since there has been nothing but idea men offerring  ridiculous suggestions that would require complete overhauls in core gameplay if they are even possible  at all.  . Rather than shut out the forum completely rei chose too simplify and move  talk of development to discord. 
Nothing has gone Private. He has always had a playable version up for people to enjoy and play against each other.  As he said. He just needed  the one drive space  to set up a more streamlined testing environment.

Sorry to speak for you Rei. Is that about right? Or did i miss anything.

Oh yeah one last thing.
  Rei had been working on this game for over a year before i came along to push my help on him.im sure he will still be working on it  when or if i move on. Those of us that are forcing him to let us help him. Arent doing it because we want a credit. Or to change the  idea of HIS game.  But because  despite him telling us repeatedly he wont quit and hes used to working alone.  We dont believe he should. And we dont want to risk another great full project to disappear before its time.

One last very important thing
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:35:51 pm by Nuroravage
#854  August 28, 2016, 08:38:35 pm
LMAO LMAO! I never seen Dudley move like that....and he even threw a fireball or 2.....lol
#855  August 28, 2016, 09:01:38 pm
Yeah but. Dudley has a fireball.  Its that crosscounter raging demon he does that gets me. Because he follows it up with  his machine gun proton cannon :( and i looked in the code its not in there.
#856  August 28, 2016, 10:14:43 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Huh... Alrighty then...

#857  August 28, 2016, 10:32:42 pm
    • USA
LOL.. Whatever is going on here.
Honestly I'm happy with things being the way they are. You guys make it even more fun for me.
#858  August 29, 2016, 12:03:55 am
Huh... Alrighty then...

Brush. Yes.  *holds up a brush  unsure what it could be used for scratches his head with it* perhaps i can use it to brush my skills?  Or throw it in dudleys face before he mauls me with  the same broken combo over and over. Heheh

Reminds me this came for you in the post today

image host
#859  August 29, 2016, 01:18:14 am
    • Philippines
I understand what you said. But I don't know if changing sprites, adding sprites, changing animation, fixing Clsn, changing commands, changing hitsparks to POTS style, editing sprites, adding intro and win poses to specific characters and creating palettes which I can do all is gonna help this project at all like really? Rei can do those, if I only have something unique to contribute. From what you are saying now, it makes me want to try to join you guys >_<. Even if I am a student, I can give time for MUGEN but not as much time as you have though.
#860  August 29, 2016, 08:42:37 am
Yeah see. thats more than i can do. . And you're absolutely right.  Rei can do all those things. .the problem is . he is the only one doing them.  Which is fine because only he knows what his vision is.  And for the moment he is fine doing it that way. He has posted discord invites multiple times For people to join us in discussing. But as far as he know. As he said. He has enough people working with him for the moment.
 Check in.  He may post another one soon.

You sell yourself short. Those are all skills that would help any project.  Uniqueness is over rated.  When something hits full stride. Id rather have two people pulling weight. Than one guy doing all the heavy lifting. While another guy stands behind him  making shadow puppets(uniquely)