YesNoOk

Kim Kaphwan by Seifer Firehart (Read 21497 times)

Started by Seifer Firehart, May 03, 2011, 07:33:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Kim Kaphwan by Seifer Firehart
#41  May 11, 2011, 12:33:15 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I just woke up and I'm grumpy and stop fighting in this topic please. >:(

Seifer, don't take the insults to heart. A few people in this thread ARE trying to help you out with how this character plays, but of course feel free to make the character however you want to. Please understand though that if it's got problematic gameplay that people are going to tell you about it.

This is a release guys, he doesn't HAVE to take your advice and I'm tired of seeing people say that he does. Seifer has said he will listen to your feedback if you're reasonable about it. If you're in here just to continue to tell Seifer that he doesn't know anything about fighting games then please just leave the topic.
#42  May 11, 2011, 12:53:30 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Jackie Chan indeed showed potential, while what I saw of this character was a real mess.
But hey, let's give the guy another chance. He said he's going to fix stuff, so I say : let's wait for the next beta, and see how things have progressed. No need to continue bashing his currently released beta, as I do hope it's going to get a massive overhaul.
#43  May 11, 2011, 12:58:28 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I posted about an infinite and the impossibility to do certain combos he posted. That doesn't enter in his definition of feedback about damage. What I posted was not advice, but a problem. And about the second, I use MUGEN 1.0, but seriously, I doubt different MUGEN have influence in that thing. You truly need to check those I posted and make sure it's possible, if you plan to consider them as combos.
#44  May 11, 2011, 01:21:07 am
    • USA
The main problem with people who try to "innovate" in fighting game mechanics on their chars is that they do it the very wrong way. It is extremelly hard to convince these guys why those core changes they do are often gamebreaking and totally ruin the experience on a character but I'll try it anyways.

Im sure everybody will agree with me if I use Marilyn by Shinra. I tried once to convince him to rework this char via MSN because I know he kind of has potential for complex coding (I still beat you to it bro! :3) but was never able to make him rethink about the two main problems his char has: the overly loaded HUD with graphics from different CAPCOM games (His excuse was "they're all from capcom so it's not like its mixing stuff from different games" or something like that, along with the usual "you cant please everybody" line) and not being able to push somebody by walking next to it (Because that's LOLNOREALLIFE and it's "useless" and game designers just "left it in the game because they forgot to remove it" or some kind of stuff like that).

See these changes, they kind of affect the gameplay and you can already tell they're bad decisions, you on the other side completelly ruined Kim's gameplay by "not liking cornerpush/pushback" and giving him basic attacks that recover before the enemy is able to react again and block incoming attacks that should not combo into. Those are core changes that are just wrong.

You have to keep in mind that no matter how revolutionary your char gameplay design is it should still kind of blend with other game mechanics correctly, for example a KOF char is close to a CVS char, hence you can do a KOF char VS a CVS char matchup and get a fair fight. If you put a GGXX char against a KOF char you do get a really cheap fight because the GGXX char has a huge advantage but it's still a playable fight and the KOF char can still actually win. Now if we put your Kim against any type of char it turns in a joke of a fight due to basics that can be chained into infinitely and the damage (Which I know you will fix).

BTW if you wanna avoid confusion with his name you may aswell just rname him "EX Kim" or "Seifer Kim", so he can keep his identity yet be clear that he's a custom char.
#45  May 11, 2011, 01:32:18 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The main problem with Shinra is that he tried to add realism in a fighting game, which resulted in a complete mess. That, and a lot more things that made it broken. Thanks to him, we can prove that realism is not compatible with fighting games. He should be proud of that.
#46  May 11, 2011, 01:41:33 am
    • USA
Adding realism wasnt the problem, it was that he did it the very wrong way, I mean no pushing while walking wtf?

I added realism in my game by giving K's sunglasses physics (when they reach the ground they bounce, instead of just dissapearing upon contact) or when you activate Earring Bomb 2: Heart Attack with Leona (A spark wont come out when she presses the button, unlike the source game). Those are 2 example of aesthetical realism you can add yet they dont break your char (And from my POV they look better on a game).

Game Realism is far harder to implement but that's because the source games arent realist to begin with. It's still possible to but you just have to be very clever to and do the right decisions.
#47  May 12, 2011, 10:02:25 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
OK, finally I tested this char... and yeah, this is SO bad :sadgoi:

I was going to play with him so I open the readme to know about combos, details and stuff... when I get bad with this:
From readme said:
#===========================================================================
#CREDITS

SPRITES:   SNK Playmore
CODE:      Seifer Firehart
SOUND:      Seifer Firehart & SNK Playmore

BASE:      Mouser
(...)
#THANKS

Mouser      For using his Kim Kaphwan as a base
      which saved me a lot of time of buiding
      new sff and air files.

So, basically you edited (or butchered, IMO) Mouser's Kim to make this character, huh??

About "reality" in fights, I can tell you something: I fought before for real (not like a profrssional nor a brawler :P) and I could say your standards are wrong for these reasons:
-A kick makes damage, but not that kind of damage!! I mean 3-4 kicks can't you make it fall, unless those go to the face and with a charge like running... unless you got Chun-Li's legs
-When you block an attack, it makes you damage. But not that much as in the character, if this hapened in real life, then why to block something??

Also, there're a couple of commands aren't in the readme:
-D, DF, F: Roll (yeah, just that, no buttons)
-D, DB, B: Backroll (same as above)
-Run + a: Dashing Attack (Kim's charge B, F + kick... don't remember the name of the move)

And one more thing: this isn't a real 1.0 release. Just deleting common1.cns in the folder and shorting names in DEF and in files, I can play it in WinM without problems. There's no exclusive statedefs (except common1.cns, which's the same from 1.0), even no winquotes!!

I could tell you more, but an image says more than 1000 words... and a video says more than 1000 images

PS: Mods/admins, this is an edit, this topic should be in Edits & Add-ons (already reported)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X

Cap

#48  May 12, 2011, 10:07:53 pm
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with that chip damage. A good combo doesn't even equal that. I mean, it's been pointed out before, but until you actually see it... Wow.
#49  May 12, 2011, 10:41:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
good kim, better than koopa koot's.
#50  May 13, 2011, 01:19:48 am
  • hecc
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

MDD

#51  May 13, 2011, 01:29:38 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Obviously. [E] is like the biggest KOF fanboy.
#52  May 13, 2011, 01:32:50 am
    • youtube.com/user/SeiferFirehart
I am not updating this Kim. Im working on version 2.0 and I will not hurry with release as with version 1.0. You will be able to compare my idea of a char, with unfinished one. My god, I've really been in hurry... unnecessarily.
#53  May 13, 2011, 01:36:57 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Obviously. [E] is like the biggest KOF fanboy.
Obvious troll is obvious.

I am not updating this Kim. Im working on version 2.0 and I will not hurry with release as with version 1.0. You will be able to compare my idea of a char, with unfinished one. My god, I've really been in hurry... unnecessarily.
Working on version 2.0 IS updating him, even if he finishes as a whole new and different character. Good luck.
#54  May 13, 2011, 01:57:16 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Same here. Good luck with the new version ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#55  May 13, 2011, 02:06:47 am
    • youtube.com/user/SeiferFirehart

GOH

#56  May 13, 2011, 10:26:04 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal