YesNoOk

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Iga's CV Kickstarter game) (Read 62956 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, May 05, 2015, 11:48:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Sword or Whip? Iga's CV Kickstarter game returns?
#21  May 11, 2015, 10:40:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I don't understand why the publishers don't think these games have followers? It's baffling! When the promise of such games makes so much money alone.
#22  May 11, 2015, 10:47:28 pm
  • SNK is life
He said it best in an interview: Companies are after the money.

Long gone are days when Game Companies were only devoted to make games, now they're just Companies, plain and simple, "Game" Prefix taken out. If the investors' money doesn't return X much in stock revenue, projects aren't viable ... leaving the actual programmers and artists out of the game-making loop.

This time around, developers like Igarashi or Inafune are connecting directly with Customers, and making just enough money to keep their income coming, while being creatively free. These guys don't need fucking cashflow behemoths behind them to be able to make a living anymore. AND I'M FREAKING GLAD.

Edit: It just hit me. Kojima is next. All my money is ready.
#23  May 11, 2015, 10:50:45 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I really want to design an enemy...

>_>; I wish I was loaded and I could toss $5000 at this project.
#24  May 11, 2015, 10:52:01 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
What confuses me is that these Kickstarters PROVE that there is money to be made with these games. If the promise of a game can make over a million in 30 days I don't see why it's such a risk to make them.

I guess the major companies only do it if there is a projected 1000% profit now days??? No wonder they keep getting worse.
#25  May 11, 2015, 10:53:37 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
What confuses me is that these Kickstarters PROVE that there is money to be made with these games. If the promise of a game can make over a million in 30 days I don't see why it's such a risk to make them.

I guess the major companies only do it if there is a projected 1000% profit now days??? No wonder they keep getting worse.

Let's not forget Yooka-Layle, which made over a million dollars in 1 day.

And Yet Microsoft thinks their is no money in Banjo.
#26  May 11, 2015, 11:13:23 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I totally agree with JNP and Walt.
Indeed creating a game cost MONEY. But they are acting like total morons. They have totally forgotten that it's GREAT games that make GREAT money. Those companies are ruled by guys totally disconnected with reality, ruled by the guys that put cash on the table... And here is the trouble.
See those stupid DLC. 4 characters for 40 bucks? :D ah ah ah it's stupid. I'm sorry this is S T U P I D.
For 40 buck I can buy Dragon Quest 9 on DS with about 200 hours of game time. Guys, this is a little bit more than 4 fucking characters in 3D, no?

I hope they will get their asses kicked, and with projects like this one.
#27  May 11, 2015, 11:36:51 pm
    • USA
Kickstarter exclusive content tied to the physical version ONLY is bullshit though. It's already nightmarish enough to pay that much in South America, even more to HOPE for the goods to be delivered here anytime soon and without troubles. I still have nightmares with how my MN9 package will arrive here, if it ever does. September can't arrive faster.

I'll pass and just buy the steam release once it's out in 2 years, no point buying it now if there's no extra content or discounts for the digital release.
#28  May 11, 2015, 11:47:46 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Ukelele, Mighty No 9, this game, and/or any other indie game with an amazing crowd funding campaign aren't going to turn the gaming industry upsidedown any time soon. That's an awful lot of wishful thinking.

Good news is they'll likely turn in enough profit to fund their developers' future projects, and hopefully further pave the way for more creative projects.And that's good enough.

Bea

#29  May 11, 2015, 11:58:50 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Kickstarter exclusive content tied to the physical version ONLY is bullshit though. It's already nightmarish enough to pay that much in South America, even more to HOPE for the goods to be delivered here anytime soon and without troubles. I still have nightmares with how my MN9 package will arrive here, if it ever does. September can't arrive faster.

I'll pass and just buy the steam release once it's out in 2 years, no point buying it now if there's no extra content or discounts for the digital release.

I am pretty sure my physical rewards from Half Genie Hero will be "lost" when or right after it goes through customs here...
Getting stuff shipped to South America is hell indeed.

KS exclusive content tied to the higher tier that involve physical rewards was of bad taste on this one, though.
Still, I put some money towards it. I like Iga and I am hoping Kojima comes next, hopefully with something that isn't Metal Gear.

Kickstarter is being a pretty good platform for famed and well stablished game designers to push games they want to do.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#30  May 12, 2015, 01:04:04 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#31  May 12, 2015, 01:25:12 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Backed up the project.
Twice. One Digital copy and one physical.
#32  May 12, 2015, 03:28:40 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
It's about time Castlevania had it's TRUE successor. I remember grinding away hours to get the Crissaegrim from the Schmoo and raging whilst trying to beat the game with Richter.
#33  May 12, 2015, 03:43:31 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
It's about time Castlevania had it's TRUE successor. I remember grinding away hours to get the Crissaegrim from the Schmoo and raging whilst trying to beat the game with Richter.

ehh, only takes like 30-45 minutes once you find the one door the schmoo spawns right in front of.

Then everything is a huge joke though.

#34  May 12, 2015, 04:37:27 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
oh I know that. actually combine two and you're literally unstoppable..not even the likes of Galamoth can kill you. you hit him so fast and he keeps flinching til death. you can always use the Shield Rod + Alucard Shield crash to beat him too.
#35  May 12, 2015, 04:38:10 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Oh, nice, Michiru Yamane is on board for the music too! Just need to get Ayami Kojima to do some art and the gang'll be back together!

Long gone are days when Game Companies were only devoted to make games, now they're just Companies, plain and simple, "Game" Prefix taken out. If the investors' money doesn't return X much in stock revenue, projects aren't viable ... leaving the actual programmers and artists out of the game-making loop.
But that was always the case; game companies have always sought profit above all else, that's how every company in every industry works. It's just that changing trends and technology have been squeezing out everything from the development pipeline that isn't either super low budget (which minimizes risk) or super high budget (which maximizes profit); a similar trend is happening/has already happened in the movie industry. Crowdfunding seems like it's opening up a lot of new paths, though.
#36  May 12, 2015, 04:45:25 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
considering the mindless 8 year olds that flock around the likes of Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed it's no wonder games like Castlevania were forgotten and left behind. People forgot how painstaking it was to hand draw every last detail and apply it to a game. Symphony of the Night was by far the most beautiful representation of the Castlevania universe. Playing with Alucard was empowering. You play not only as a being with considerable strength but the Antagonists own son. The sheer amount of secrets, bugs and glitches you could find was amazing and I still don't think I found em all.

There's just something about that exploration and grinding away to get powerful enough to defeat a certain boss or thinking of strategies to beat that boss without going to the Librarian to look up how to beat it. I remember first laying eyes on Olrox the first time he transformed into that green disgusting, horrifying creature. I thought holy shit he's pissed now. Games lack this feeling these days. There are only a few exceptions to that though like God of War.
#37  May 12, 2015, 05:12:17 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
It's just that changing trends and technology have been squeezing out everything from the development pipeline that isn't either super low budget (which minimizes risk) or super high budget (which maximizes profit); a similar trend is happening/has already happened in the movie industry. Crowdfunding seems like it's opening up a lot of new paths, though.
That's a good analogy; as the console market gets bigger and more mainstream AAA games look and feel more like blockbusters, shameless cowcashing and all.

So, if consoles = hollywood and mobile gaming = direct to video\dvd...then Steam = gaming grindhouse?
Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:15:25 am by Fubini
#38  May 12, 2015, 05:13:26 am
Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Iga's CV Kickstarter game)
#39  May 12, 2015, 12:57:39 pm
    • Philippines
Please don't turn out like MN9. I don't even like Megaman games that much and I felt the fans' pain when actual gameplay footage was released
Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Iga's CV Kickstarter game)
#40  May 12, 2015, 01:00:39 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
As a megaman fan and MN9 backer I have no idea what you're talking about.