YesNoOk

Crush Counter Animation (Read 1487 times)

Started by yudhiyou, November 08, 2018, 05:27:16 am
Share this topic:
Crush Counter Animation
#1  November 08, 2018, 05:27:16 am
    • Indonesia
How to create animation and state for crush counter like SFV or SF Alpha 3?
I mean counter attack by HP or HK. Currently on mugen the target is only blink white while getting counter attack.
Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:05:13 am by Odb718
Re: Crush Counter Animation
#2  November 08, 2018, 09:12:49 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Are you trying to code the state for P1, P2, or both characters?
You were on the right track looking through Optional Animation Standards.

P2 will need to use these animations. You'll be able to use your own, and check if P2 has these to make it look even better.
 Standing Guard Crush - 5910, 5911, 5912, 5915
 Crouching Guard Crush - 5920, 5921, 5922
 Jumping Guard Crush - 5930

But basically you're going to want P1 to have an attack that gets through block. So you'll use a Throw HitDef. On top of that you'll want it to hit P2 if they aren't blocking, so you'll want a normal Hitdef also.
After that it's just putting P2 into a custom state.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  November 12, 2018, 08:25:21 am
    • Indonesia
I know that we can use those guard crush animation but I still don't know how to interrupt the hitdef. How do I know if it is on counter attack state?
I don't want every hit became guard crush. Only counter attack that I need like SFV.

For the coding, I think it is easier on P1's side. Am I right?
Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 08:35:35 am by yudhiyou
#4  November 12, 2018, 09:20:31 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Yes, it is easier to do so on P1 side.
You can look into P.o.T.S. Styled chars for example. There is a "Counter!" flash when counter happens, so, that means there is a FLAG for Counter to happened. To be precise, THIS code in State -2 is that flag we need:
Code:
[State -2, Counter Flag]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = NumEnemy
var(9) = (EnemyNear, MoveType = A)
ignoreHitPause = 1
So, in that character you're just going to hit you want to Crush Counter, copy-paste there its HitDef, edit one to be triggered WITHOUT Var(9), and the one to be triggered WITH Var(9), edit the second one in whatever way you need to- and you've got what you want. You do the same for your char, the only difference is the number you can give to a variable. at least, if you don't have any flag for counter already...

#5  November 12, 2018, 11:03:56 am
    • Indonesia
Yes, it is easier to do so on P1 side.
You can look into P.o.T.S. Styled chars for example. There is a "Counter!" flash when counter happens, so, that means there is a FLAG for Counter to happened. To be precise, THIS code in State -2 is that flag we need:
Code:
[State -2, Counter Flag]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = NumEnemy
var(9) = (EnemyNear, MoveType = A)
ignoreHitPause = 1
So, in that character you're just going to hit you want to Crush Counter, copy-paste there its HitDef, edit one to be triggered WITHOUT Var(9), and the one to be triggered WITH Var(9), edit the second one in whatever way you need to- and you've got what you want. You do the same for your char, the only difference is the number you can give to a variable. at least, if you don't have any flag for counter already...
Oh... I don't know if pots's chars have had already that feature. OK, I will check it.
Thank you so much...
#6  November 12, 2018, 01:02:51 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, they don't have a Crush Counter exactly, but, as I showed, they CAN recognize it when your hit was a counter, and you can use it to create a Crush Counter. That's all.