YesNoOk

MUGEN Guild starter pack: Attack Regulation A (a prepacked MUGEN starter kit) (Read 844767 times)

Started by Iced, August 14, 2013, 11:52:41 pm
Share this topic:
Re: MUGEN Guild starter pack: Attack Regulation A (a prepacked MUGEN starter kit)
#21  August 19, 2013, 01:35:48 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Re: MUGEN Guild starter pack: Attack Regulation A (a prepacked MUGEN starter kit)
#22  August 19, 2013, 01:56:55 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Better than nothing =p
#23  August 19, 2013, 04:29:38 am
    • USA
A link is better! I can fix the online version! D:
#24  August 19, 2013, 05:27:51 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
TALK TO ICED!!! I wanted to put a lot of links to useful threads in Guild. But nope. Once you download this pack you lose the internet! o_o
:P

That thread has the most prominent standards and seemed the most universally needed. So it's the only one I added since I had the "no links" stipulation...
#25  August 19, 2013, 05:30:16 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#26  August 19, 2013, 05:04:17 pm
Any kind of starter pack without Dragon Claw makes me sad inside.
#27  August 20, 2013, 06:17:11 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Would anyone be interested in seeing a Regulation B?
#28  August 20, 2013, 09:42:45 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Yeah, suggestion, include a 640x480 screenpack instead, most commonly used and it's the one that has the most bars made for it.

Jmorphman's screenpack would be good imo.
#29  August 20, 2013, 09:49:05 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah and maybe include characters that not many people could get to. For reasons unknown, I can sometime get stuff from mediafire and sometimes I can't. But i'm sad you didn't include Shadowman or tsunamidasher's edited klonoa.
#30  August 20, 2013, 11:46:13 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
This idea is pretty interesting. Hell, I may delete my other Mugen and replace it with this. A second one sounds good too. If I think of any suggestions, I'll be sure to post them here.
#31  August 21, 2013, 10:19:14 am
    • USA
Yeah, suggestion, include a 640x480 screenpack instead, most commonly used and it's the one that has the most bars made for it.

Jmorphman's screenpack would be good imo.
wait seriously

:blush:
#32  August 21, 2013, 06:46:18 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That would be a good one. I would suggest screen packs with varying resolutions and features to help show off different possibilities.

Other than that just need a few characters.

Dragon Claw
A Mortal Kombat Character
Uh... what else? I don't play a lot.

@Smile Master: Would you mind some of your characters being in it? Preferences?
I got the OK to make a Links readme for useful stickies and such while online as well =D
#33  August 21, 2013, 06:48:35 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Dragon Claw
A Mortal Kombat Character
Uh... what else? I don't play a lot.
Perhaps something by The_None could help showcase what Mugen can do when the authors get creative with their ideas. His Shaq, maybe?
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#34  August 21, 2013, 06:53:58 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
#35  August 21, 2013, 06:54:58 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
I'm not terribly fond of my older creations, if I had to pick one to include it would be either Kanae or Chronos.
I've spoken to Iced last week about the pack and one of my biggest complaints is the fact that these characters are just being included as-is.  If any of my creations are added let me know and I will fully comment the code beforehand.
#36  August 21, 2013, 06:56:34 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Comment one or both then, you have time, if you want to prepare something like koopa did with waha you are ofcourse free to do it as well.
#37  August 21, 2013, 07:12:58 pm
I don't think I brought this up before in our discussion but I want to elaborate for anyone else reading this.
A good amount of advice given on this forum has been "Look at other characters, look how they've done X".  This type of advice is practically useless to someone with little or no prior experience coding mugen characters, so this type of behavior only promotes copy/paste slopfests.  It is essential to provide properly commented code if you want to have something looked at as an example and not as a source for code snippets.

Perhaps something by The_None could help showcase what Mugen can do when the authors get creative with their ideas. His Shaq, maybe?
#38  August 21, 2013, 07:44:01 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I completely agree. There was discussions about making a character with many comments and notes. It's just hard to find someone willing to do it :P
#39  August 21, 2013, 08:16:30 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
I don't think I brought this up before in our discussion but I want to elaborate for anyone else reading this.
A good amount of advice given on this forum has been "Look at other characters, look how they've done X".  This type of advice is practically useless to someone with little or no prior experience coding mugen characters, so this type of behavior only promotes copy/paste slopfests.  It is essential to provide properly commented code if you want to have something looked at as an example and not as a source for code snippets.

^
this, thank you! if you're willing to do that with your own character(s) that will eventually be included in this pack, that's great news: this will be incredibly helpful for anyone starting character creating
#40  August 21, 2013, 08:32:42 pm