YesNoOk

My music is slow... (Read 2465 times)

Started by nico641, August 29, 2007, 05:07:11 pm
Share this topic:
My music is slow...
#1  August 29, 2007, 05:07:11 pm
My music ingame stucks... its like 'sound-pause-sound-pause' and the 'sound' thing goes 0.1 secs. how can i fix this?  :'(
Re: My music is slow...
#2  August 29, 2007, 08:17:26 pm
Yeah that same thing happens to me, but no always...
It usually happens when I first open the mugen after loggin on windows.
Do you run other programs in the back when using mugen, like msn or media player? that may affect the performance...
Anyways, sometimes I enter to character selection screen and the music doesn't even loads, but if I go back to the main menu then return to the character selection screen the music starts o_O maybe my mugen has some bugs loading...
also when that happens the cursor for character selection turns slow and then starts increasing it's speed to normal. ???

Animugen

#3  August 29, 2007, 10:32:10 pm
I'm having somewhat the same problem except that in the main menu of mugen character selection screen and vs screen mp3s don't work at all.I use midis instead for all of my music.Since mp3s use up so much CPU power and it makes my game freeze and lag.
#4  August 30, 2007, 03:38:30 am
OK, I tried, now my mugen takes like a half a second extra loading a match but the audio issue is still there. ::)
By the way Kamek I'm currently using your screenpack ;P great one. I'm using it with the 312 slots select.def but I'm almost done filling the slots, is it possible to add more without resizing the pictures? Like scrolling down the screen or something like that...

EDIT: Oh I forgot to say, I'm using mp3 songs.

REEDIT: I made a mistake I had the slider in the highest priority, now I set it somewhere between normal and high and it seems to work, thanks
Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 04:02:32 am by Feblex
#5  August 30, 2007, 03:50:41 am
    • USA
    • https://www.facebook.com/Djk6DraggedNChopped
You listen to chop and screw music. Thats why its slow.
#6  August 30, 2007, 05:16:40 am
  • appreciate life, i love you - Lil B
    • downloads.khinsider.com/?u=44610
Run "winmugen -configplugins" at a command prompt. For any and all plugins that come up, look for an option called "Thread Priority" or something to that effect, there's usually a slider with settings such as Below Normal, Normal, Above Normal, and so on. Change that setting to Above Normal for all plugins.

If you continue having issues, then what kind of music are you trying? MP3, OGG, ADX, something else?

Hmmm, what number would that be??

This is from my plugin.ini:

[YMAMP]
YM2151_Clock=100
YM2612_Clock=100
SN76496_Clock=100
Priority=0
Sample_Rate=44100
Channels=262143
[HighlyExperimental]
EnableMain=1
EnableReverb=1
SimulateFrequencyResponse=1
EmuFriendly=1
EmuShowCPUUsage=1
JinxIsAGoodBoy=1
TitleFormat=%game% - %title%
TitleFormatFallback=%filename%
ForceIndefinite=0
DefaultLength=2:50
DefaultFade=10
SuppressOpeningSilence=1
SuppressEndingSilence=1
EndingSilenceSeconds=5
ThreadPriority=2
GlobalVolume=2
SoftSaturate=1
Resample=0
ResampleFreq=44100
StrictFormatChecking=0
ShowErrorMessages=0
[SNESAmp]
Version=320

THANK YOU BASED GOD
#7  August 30, 2007, 12:55:55 pm
I'm using MP3 songs.. well.. i can't find some plugin.ini on my PC.. oO
#8  August 30, 2007, 05:24:09 pm
Alright, lol it works, but the music is WAY TOO FAST! another tip how to fix?  --;
#9  August 30, 2007, 11:59:49 pm
Hey guys I downloaded IN_MP3.DLL (sound plugin) and it really helped out, now I have no loading times and mp3 never crashes. ;D
This pluging has a streaming option that helps a lot. :sugoi:
#10  September 05, 2007, 08:00:54 pm
  • King-sized trouble
Hey it's been ages since I posted here but I'm having the same mp3 BGM skipping problem and I have the plugins.  Do I need Winamp installed on my comp for this to work being it seems the plugins were meant for use with that?