YesNoOk

Palette mumbo jumbo (FF Studio) (Read 1981 times)

Started by AReallyCoolUsername, July 28, 2018, 09:58:12 pm
Share this topic:
Palette mumbo jumbo (FF Studio)
#1  July 28, 2018, 09:58:12 pm
So I'm drawing custom sprites and importing them into Fighter Factory Studio, applying the palette, here's the source file:

Coloring is messy since I'm just testing. I import it into FFS, create a palette, and it looks fine.

Then I launch Mugen.

Gah, so close! I dunno' what to do here. It seems to be picking parts of the black in the lineart as the transparent color in-game. I tried to also make a version of the image with a solid background color to act as a transparent color and I get the same problem pretty much, and same with trying to save it in different BMP formats. Help?
Re: Palette mumbo jumbo (FF Studio)
New #2  July 29, 2018, 01:22:03 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

I'd urge you to take this >>> http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/use-fighter-factory-3-make-palette-fast-177794.0.html
and go a step further.
When you're making your good palette, highlight the hair colors. Use MASK being checked and get ALL of the hair selected. Then send it to the right palette. Then the collar. Then the jacket. Then the skin. Pants and shoes if they're different. Then the black outline(s). Send it all back to the left with the transparent color in the top left and save it. Import the sprite using that palette.

You may also want to think about color loss for your character. I'm seeing 6 or 7 color groups. You could give each group 10 colors and still be at 70 colors instead of 255.

----
I just tried my hand at making a color loss palette for you. Because of the blur on the edges, you'll have to make it a 1.1 sff if you want it to look exactly like you have it.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 01:34:00 am by Odb718