YesNoOk

The King of Fighters XIII Screenpack (Read 377417 times)

Started by EnlightendShadow, March 30, 2010, 01:46:25 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Screenpack
#21  April 03, 2010, 01:45:52 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/
cool I'm glad you liked it, but I'm not done with it yet. I've been updating it since i posted it  ;D
I've recently teamed up with left4dead and metal warrior to make my screen pack be the best it possibly can.
I hear you on the life bars but our team is hard at work and our final release should have some pretty awesome life bars  :sugoi:
I'll post some new screen shots when we think we are close to finished, wish us luck 8)
#22  April 03, 2010, 05:06:23 pm
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Portugal
this is really a great effort though. Just needs a little airbruching around the original imagescharacter borders. Just goes to show that SNK is still a bit less refined then it's 90's counterpart.
#23  April 03, 2010, 09:57:46 pm
  • MG Blue Frame 2nd Revise
    • www.AstrayGamer.net
my first post on MFG... ^^ and just to show my support to this project...

i really hope that this turn out to be one F***** awesome screenpack, already is, dont get me wrong but it got a few things to polish, like the lifebars and the portraits on them, and the portraits in select screen... the white line? I like the white line...  ;)

now is just trying to make it as good as possible...

and also, i want to give my regards to LEFT4DEAD for the update on mayarlink´s CVS2... that screenpack is turned out wicked man... i use it for months now! Um abraço de Portugal meu irmão... 

keep up the good work EnlightendShadow... :sugoi:
Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 01:00:04 am by ZackFair_Buster
#24  April 04, 2010, 05:28:02 am
  • Running thru the night
thanks zackfair... as soon as there are more cvs2 chars mayar gave me persmission to update it again...and again.. and again

we allready have sieger, im just waiting another SNK char do be released in cvs style...

and here in the guild there is a cvs dudley project... if other capcom char shows up ... them i'm going to update with them too

--------------------------

obrigado zackfair... assim que tiverem mais chars cvs2 , mayar me deu permissao para atualizar de novo... e de novo.. e de novo

nos ja temos o sieger, apenas estou esperando outro char da SNK ser lançado em estilo CVS

e aqui na guild tem um projeto de um cvs dudley.. se aparecer outro char da capcom...vou atualizar com eles tbem o//

um abraço do Brasil meu irmao \o/ XD ahsahshahshais
Console collection: Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, Dreamcast, PSP, Genesis, N64, PSX. ==Next buy: Gameboy Color ==
#25  April 08, 2010, 02:43:05 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
The update is going well and left4dead has been of great help since he as provided me with a few necessary pieces to make the project look better.  Unfortunately Metal Warrior never contributed to the project so he is off and with him the life bars he was going to design.  So I've take the challenge of making them on my own and I've got to say that so far I'm doing pretty well.  They are 50% done and they are actually HD (1280,720)  I want to show you some new screen shots but I'm going to wait until its completely done :D
#26  April 09, 2010, 03:06:49 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Nice to hear things are progressing.

I just tested the SP, and here are some criticisms :
- The title screen is very nice. However, the horizontal scrolling image (with all the chars) on the left has the gray sign under it cropped at times.
- On title and select screen, it'd be really nice to have a better font than this square one DJ-Van made.
- On the select screen, "Member Select" and "Prepare for the ultimate battle" are not in nice HD, but rather look LR or HR. You may have to redo that.
- Remove the last row of small portraits, as they bring nothing at all really.
- I know you're happy to put your KOF12 edited sprite in the select screen, but it would look much better IMO if you gave them some animations, because they look really static. I guess this means switching the sprites for stance animations taken on the official KOF12 site.
#27  April 09, 2010, 05:19:47 pm
  • Running thru the night
hehe dont worry cybaster, almost everything you said were corrected by this time..
what i can say about the  update is that it will look 90% like the original KOF XIII screenshots and videos

for enlightenedshadow : my pc is beeing fixed =p i'm using my father's pc for some days, and the bad thing about this is that it doesnt have Photoshop =p
Console collection: Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, Dreamcast, PSP, Genesis, N64, PSX. ==Next buy: Gameboy Color ==
#28  April 09, 2010, 07:39:34 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
hehe dont worry cybaster, almost everything you said were corrected by this time..
what i can say about the  update is that it will look 90% like the original KOF XIII screenshots and videos

for enlightenedshadow : my pc is beeing fixed =p i'm using my father's pc for some days, and the bad thing about this is that it doesnt have Photoshop =p

That explains why you haven't been on lately.  When ever you get your computer back up and running let me know so you can get me the blue charging effect for the second player.  I almost have the life bar done I just need to make the right animations for the "ready!...GO!" and the "KO" at the end of the fight.  I'll put up some screen shots so you guys can see how far I've come along :)

By the way does anyone know of a program that would make separate images of a movie so i can make an intro?
Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:45:02 pm by EnlightendShadow
#29  April 09, 2010, 08:21:30 pm
  • Running thru the night
(i'm at work now XD)
cant believe you allready made the lifebar O_____O
you're a programmer of talent ,that's for sure \o/
and fast .. too... XD

i think i'm going to get my pc back tomorrow morning, so tomorrow night i'll spend some hours working on the sp ok?

#30  April 09, 2010, 10:31:44 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
Screen Shots
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#31  April 09, 2010, 10:41:02 pm
  • Fuck You.
:)... o_O... :o... :gonkgoi:

Yeah. It's that fuckin awesome. You gots my infinite respect bro.

WAIT: those lifebars are off. WAAAAYYY off. You gotta fix that.

That might be the stage. If it's HD, then nevermind me.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 02:58:07 am by Heavy Dee Jay
#32  April 09, 2010, 11:38:29 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
SNK, beware: There is some awesome talent coming from Mugen Fighters Guild. His name is Enlightened shadow.
#33  April 10, 2010, 02:35:39 am
  • MG Blue Frame 2nd Revise
    • www.AstrayGamer.net
Stupid question? This is going to be a "one char maker" screenpack?? :/  or i can download a whatever Kyo and GO FOR IT MAN!! XD

i play mugen for what... 4 / 5 years?? maybe... and i never done anything like this... not even close to half of this! :P just a few modifications to EVE once, but it got to complicated for what my pacience can handle, and so, in a quality of a noob at screenpack making, i ask you shadow...  Please make the VS screen more pretty!! ^^

The color on that font is just... Bad! don´t you agree?? and yeah... those lifebars are kinda off... or that, or i just don´t like them...  --; but now that i think about it, i really don´t like most of the lifebars in mugen ( besides the CVS2, those are perfect! :D and two or three that are also cool ) so... who am i to be talking??

everything else is awesome man, and you sir... are a  GOD! :sugoi: Great job indeed...

MDI

#34  April 10, 2010, 02:52:57 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
ey
#35  April 10, 2010, 05:10:37 am
  • Running thru the night
OMG  :-X

THE LIFEBAR YOU MADE IS INCREDIBLY EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL ONE O___________________O

you managed to make the effect under the char \o/
its a little taller than i expected....i'll see if i can make one that suits better...(and i just realized that i know where i can get one...)

the winner screen is FUCKING AWESOME O______O

i'm shocked by your talent... i would take months to do what you're doing....
you have talent.. i hope i have the honor in helping you with some details in other projects too....

#36  April 10, 2010, 02:28:40 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
:)... o_O... :o... :gonkgoi:

Yeah. It's that fuckin awesome. You gots my infinite respect bro.

WAIT: those lifebars are off. WAAAAYYY off. You gotta fix that.

That might be the stage. If it's HD, then nevermind me.

Thanks a lot and yeah the lifebars are HD

SNK, beware: There is some awesome talent coming from Mugen Fighters Guild. His name is Enlightened shadow.

Thanks, not bad for my first screenpack huh lol.  The reason i'm good with the styling and structure is because in general I love to draw and design :sugoi:

Stupid question? This is going to be a "one char maker" screenpack?? :/  or i can download a whatever Kyo and GO FOR IT MAN!! XD

i play mugen for what... 4 / 5 years?? maybe... and i never done anything like this... not even close to half of this! :P just a few modifications to EVE once, but it got to complicated for what my pacience can handle, and so, in a quality of a noob at screenpack making, i ask you shadow...  Please make the VS screen more pretty!! ^^

The color on that font is just... Bad! don´t you agree?? and yeah... those lifebars are kinda off... or that, or i just don´t like them...  --; but now that i think about it, i really don´t like most of the lifebars in mugen ( besides the CVS2, those are perfect! :D and two or three that are also cool ) so... who am i to be talking??

everything else is awesome man, and you sir... are a  GOD! :sugoi: Great job indeed...

You will be able to download any character you want and add them to the screen pack,  When I release it to the public i will also release the new large portraits, select portraits, and lifebar portraits to the characters that I have made so far.  I will give instructions on how to add them to a character and place them correctly.  Trust me it will be easier than it sounds.  With the portraits I provide i will give a template so you can make your own :)  It might take a little bit longer than a traditional mugen to get up and running but in the end you get a really sexy looking screenpack in complete HD.

Right now Left4Dead and I are finishing up the select screen, just a few more additions and animations to make it complete then we will move on to the VS screen where I have already planned out a few more things that I want to animate there and change a bit. 

Its too bad you don't like the life bars but I love them not to mention that they are made to be HD with no loss to the color or detail.  There is definetly work to be done on them, espacially for the simultaneous battles but I'm almost done  ;D

Screen Shots
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Very sexy. Are these screenshots from an upcoming update, or have you already updated the screenpack & download link?

These screenshots are from and upcoming update so I haven't updated the download link as of yet. I'm waiting until I think it has gotten a very significant update and it will please everyone :)  I'm having way too much fun planning and designing this screenpack  :sugoi:

OMG  :-X

THE LIFEBAR YOU MADE IS INCREDIBLY EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL ONE O___________________O

you managed to make the effect under the char \o/
its a little taller than i expected....i'll see if i can make one that suits better...(and i just realized that i know where i can get one...)

the winner screen is FUCKING AWESOME O______O

i'm shocked by your talent... i would take months to do what you're doing....
you have talent.. i hope i have the honor in helping you with some details in other projects too....

My life bar is the original one...mostly haha.  I basically got tired of waiting for Metal warrior (since we didn't hear anything from him) and I had figured out how to do the animation so I was bored and decided to takle that challenge alone.  I didn't do any research just trial and error haha. 

I've added the new effect under the characters and it look good so i think we have that part done.

I took your advice and took away the stage background to the victory screen and added a planet scene which actually makes sense since the ash saga has those people from outer space like Mukai and Magaki.

I guess you could call it talent but in reality I'm just having fun and do a lot of trial and error but time flies when I'm having fun so it doesn't bother me lol  and sure Left4Dead when we are done with this screenpack I'll let you know if i decide to do any other projects.
#37  April 10, 2010, 02:52:44 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Very sexy, nothing much to say. :)
#38  April 15, 2010, 03:46:25 am
  • all is love in fair and war
it looks very nice overall, but in the character select screen the mode title is half cut. Other than that I think it is very nice for a KOF themed mugen
#39  April 15, 2010, 04:21:17 am
  • ~~~ヾ(^∇^)
    • Argentina
    • darkgirl.mugenimperiolatino.com
Awesome! It looks very good, I need a screenpack of that resolution for my monitor.. Thanks!
#40  April 21, 2010, 02:43:58 am
  • An improper mind is a perpetual feast
    • brianjesusdiaz.webs.com
Any upgrades to the screenpack? ::)
I'm on a 5000 calorie diet! :D