YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2837475 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Straight Outta Wakanda
#3581  December 14, 2017, 03:47:14 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
That phrasing makes no sense

You can't have the same monopoly after purchasing property, you can only have a bigger monopoly
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3582  December 14, 2017, 03:51:01 pm
Disney din't purchase all of Fox.
Yeah they have more in volume, but Fox's monopoly for decades was bigger in percentage. The competition now is Netflix, and that wasn't there when Fox was on top of everything.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3583  December 14, 2017, 05:27:07 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
If a head is cut off, two more shall take its place... and then Disney will buy them. Hail Disney!
Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:03:08 am by Bastard Wolf
#3584  January 09, 2018, 03:33:59 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I need to subscribe to Netflix soon.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#3585  January 11, 2018, 01:11:52 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

A script for a Black Widow movie is currently in development, and Scarlett Johansson has been meeting with executives to figure out what kind of movie they want to make. This is far from an official confirmation of anything, but it's definitely a project that is being considered; that they're meeting with Johansson in the first place means something. And lemme just say, it's about fucking time!

I hope it's a relatively midbudget movie, a spy movie set in a superhero world. There's no need for a 100+ million dollar budget on this, and having a lower budget will help make it feel distinct!

Also Runaways wrapped up this week and I was kind of disappointed by the end; I loved the first couple of episodes, but it had some of the same problems as the Netflix shows. The general pacing was better, but there's still a lot of filling time because they don't want the plot to advance too fast cuz they're saving stuff for the finale.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But hopefully those are issues that can be sorted out in the second season, which has already been ordered.
#3586  January 11, 2018, 06:46:54 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
A script for a Black Widow movie is currently in development, and Scarlett Johansson has been meeting with executives to figure out what kind of movie they want to make. This is far from an official confirmation of anything, but it's definitely a project that is being considered; that they're meeting with Johansson in the first place means something. And lemme just say, it's about fucking time!

I hope it's a relatively midbudget movie, a spy movie set in a superhero world. There's no need for a 100+ million dollar budget on this, and having a lower budget will help make it feel distinct!

Does she have any memorable villains? I'm hoping it doesn't end up like that Black Widow/Punisher OVA. When I came back to purchasing comics (during Civil War before MCU) she wasn't really that prominent.

I have a feeling they might use Omega Red or Darkstar if the story is located in Russia. Or may be Yelena Belova?
sailormoongalaxy said:
#3587  January 11, 2018, 07:22:00 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

Yelena feels like the most likely option to me. I guess they could also take some influence from the recently concluded Waid/Samnee run of Black Widow, and use Anya/Brown Recluse, who was the daughter of the the Red Room's headmistress, and who started up the program again in the present; she has a deep personal connection to Black Widow (she was kind of like Black Widow's surrogate sister), so that might be more interesting from a narrative standpoint.

In fact, I could definitely see something happening where they combined traits from both characters.
#3588  January 21, 2018, 02:38:27 am
The recent Black Panther trailer / vignettes puts more emphasize on the few girls around T'challa, and it makes it feel a bit more like an ensemble movie, like a heist/spy team or something, now. Weird and interesting.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:55:26 am by Byakko
#3589  January 28, 2018, 03:30:07 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Other than Crystal and Lockjaw I want the Inhumans vaporized whether its 616 Marvel or MCU.

https://www.avclub.com/no-abc-hasnt-canceled-marvel-s-inhumans-yet-1822303431

Despite a lackluster first season, ABC isn’t ready to throw in the towel on Marvel’s Inhumans.

Rumors began circulating over the weekend that the broadcaster had “quietly canceled” the primetime comic-book adaptation from Scott Buck after SpoilerTV noticed that trying to access the Inhumans page on the ABC-Disney press site resulted in an error message. And it was kind of funny to see “whatever was supposed happen, didn’t happen” in reference to what was obviously supposed to be a hit for ABC, but turned out to be an uninspired and unfocused take on the not-X-Men. But when The A.V. Club reached out to ABC about the future of the series, a representative responded with “all pickups will be announced in May,” which presumably means a decision hasn’t been made yet.
sailormoongalaxy said:
#3590  January 28, 2018, 03:47:22 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Agents of Shield pulled off Inhumans way better than their own show did,So pls cancel it
#3591  January 30, 2018, 05:58:35 pm

antman and the wasp trailer. i am not watching this trailer. i am just posting it
#3592  February 03, 2018, 05:55:36 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Ant-Man's movie was a very pleasant surprise for me, and this sequel seems to be great, too.
#3593  February 05, 2018, 03:45:14 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
New Infinity War teaser:

#3594  February 05, 2018, 06:48:03 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
Honestly, I've degenerated into a 35-year-old kid in a candy store at the sight of this comic juggernaut coming to cinematic fruition.  I'm simply hoping the Russo Brothers (who I have the utmost faith in, given their track record thus far) do Thanos the justice that a decades' worth of setup and story deserves. :yes:
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
#3595  February 07, 2018, 05:34:33 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#3596  February 07, 2018, 06:03:33 pm
#3597  February 07, 2018, 06:14:26 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#3598  February 07, 2018, 06:15:11 pm
Oooh yeah, there was something like that. But we only guessed what it would mean, it wasn't actually confirmed.

edit - only just rewatched it now on something better than a phone and yeah there's a big purple light so yeah it's pretty obvious.
Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 01:31:56 pm by Byakko
#3599  February 11, 2018, 02:30:46 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3600  February 11, 2018, 02:58:03 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
There's an ongoing shitstorm on RT, wouldn't be surprised if it goes back to 100% by next week.