YesNoOk

Photobucket, what...?? (Read 49346 times)

Started by Xenomic, July 01, 2017, 09:01:40 am
Share this topic:
Photobucket, what...??
#1  July 01, 2017, 09:01:40 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
So, I just noticed this today with my avatar's image being not the usual "Cannot find image" thing (for whatever reason) and being something else entirely. And so I went to my site, just to check some things and noticed...a lot of my images are just not available anymore. They're THERE, but they're not there. Turns out Photobucket is being even MORE crappier than usual...

Like seriously??? Now you're going to make people PAY to show images on sites now? Like...normally I wouldn't even bother bringing up topics like this at all, but this is just...wtf. I'm just wondering if anyone else that uses the site still has noticed this at all with images and the like.

EDIT - Worst part is, it's not even all images, it's just most of them, and pretty random at that. Like what??? Why??? Yes, I realize I could probably move anything that I use on Photobucket to elsewhere and whatnot, but christ the coding fixing I'll have to do for each of my site's pages....

EDIT #2 - OHO!! Best part is, they pretty much block the image out with that message, so even if you WANTED to view it and save it, NOPE! It's blocked behind a paywall now!!!
Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:18:57 am by Xenomic
Re: Photobucket, what...??
#2  July 01, 2017, 09:14:28 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
It's a major blow, sure, but now I finally have a reason to fully migrate to imgur.

Could be worse.
#3  July 01, 2017, 09:15:46 am
    • USA
I mean, I would go to imgur, that's where I've been storing some images lately, but there's a looooot of stuff I have over at Photobucket, and the best part? I can't even SEE the images IN MY OWN LIBRARY because it covers it up with that text. I don't even think I can properly view it to save them, so WELP! And transferring everything from my site over to imgur and fixing links is going to be a nightmaaaaare....
#4  July 01, 2017, 11:07:45 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
i have years worth of images too :(
#5  July 01, 2017, 11:34:08 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
To me photocrap have always been borderline.
I used it a long time ago because it was simple.
I definitly deleted all my account and stuff when they start to fuck up around 2010-2012 or something.
I'm very glad not to use this crap anymore.
This update just confirm how much they are just a total nonsense. Money, money, and money again...
#6  July 01, 2017, 12:46:18 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
I made the switch from PhotoBucket to Imgur a long time ago after noticing their bad business practices, and also because Imgur is quicker and free.

To those who lost their photos and avatars because of PhotoBucket, I hope you can recover and get everything back on track.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#7  July 01, 2017, 05:18:07 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Yeah, I jumped to imgur fully a couple years ago.

Most of what doesn't show now for me is old mugen screenshots which I don't care to relink, not like anyone's missing anything there. I still have most of if not everything I uploaded on my comp somewhere

I do have to reupload a bunch of sigs though which is a pain in the ass though.
Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:35:07 pm by Orochi Gill
#8  July 01, 2017, 08:19:13 pm
contact them.
explain to them that your pictures album is very important to you. tell them that you don't have a backup of them anywhere and that you regret trusting them with your most prized possessions. also, tell them that the pictures are in fact your property and locking you away from them is just as bad as ransoming them.
"if you want to restore my good faith in you, please return all of my pictures to me in a compressed file and email it to me. only then i would consider paying you money for hosting my pictures."
and probably include your username or something.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 08:29:13 pm by Gennos
#9  July 01, 2017, 08:50:49 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
Well Not only photobucket but some image hosting like Imageshack turned into paid services, sadly...
I personally use deviantart to host images, and their host (sta.sh) to upload temporary images...
#10  July 01, 2017, 08:54:30 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
sad...

#11  July 01, 2017, 10:01:00 pm
    • Germany
It Seems that Parts of the site are not working right now, maybe it's just me, if not then something is wrong right now. ö.ö
#12  July 01, 2017, 10:54:52 pm
    • USA
Going around to save each and every thing I have (I know of the method of doing it, but it's so cumbersome. Go to image, click on the magnifying glass, and that should make it show up properly...if the site works right. Then just Right Click > View Image, and then save) is going to be extra cumbersome. I mean, I COULD just go straight to my MUGEN characters and get the animations I need that way, but either which way I'm going to have to reupload a good portion of sprites and animations. I'd put them on my MFG site here but uh...still having troubles getting thing to work because I'm dumb with it hue. T-T

But yeah, this is literally blackmail at this point with them...
#13  July 02, 2017, 01:14:04 am
i forgot i'm using photobucket lol. what's the purpose of that site now? they just signed a death warrant for just a few hundred bucks.
#14  July 02, 2017, 01:47:39 am
eh, and I thought with all the adds things I was seeing that I got malwhere lol, give em a week and they will revert the changes, when traffic drops off.
#15  July 02, 2017, 03:45:56 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I'm gonna miss my Spiderwoman avatar.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#16  July 02, 2017, 04:12:06 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Don't really have important pics but I still wouldn't want to lose what I do have. Going to have to transfer what I can to another place. Sane with my mediafire stuff since it's been getting a little too dangerous to use.
#17  July 02, 2017, 04:34:35 am
    • USA
What's going on with Mediafire now?? I don't like the sounds of that since I use that to host my RPG Maker game and MUGEN stuff and the like...
#18  July 02, 2017, 04:38:58 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Luckily I moved to imgur long time ago and I'm thinking I should open a OneDrive account too to keep my MUGEN stuff in there now.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#19  July 02, 2017, 11:57:08 am
    • Puerto Rico
What's going on with Mediafire now?? I don't like the sounds of that since I use that to host my RPG Maker game and MUGEN stuff and the like...
Apparently Mediafire isn't doing a good job scanning their ads since I hear people have been getting viruses from there.
#20  July 02, 2017, 01:52:10 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
I think from this point we should add a filter like Valve did to Mediafire in Steam, lately I am getting scared of that site even my adblock can´t prevent theirs aggressive ads for this reason I prefer using servers like Google Drive and Onedrive.

About Photobucket, I never used this site since I always use Imgur but thanks god I didn´t use Photobucket since they changed to an unfair strategy.
#21  July 02, 2017, 02:04:15 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Same thing happened to me with Imageshack a few years back. I, too, have since migrated to imgur, and while there's some technical issues I have with the site, at least I don't have to pay anything.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#22  July 03, 2017, 12:12:13 am
    • USA
Apparently Mediafire isn't doing a good job scanning their ads since I hear people have been getting viruses from there.

Yikes! That sounds scary. But also odd as I've never had any issues with them. I'm assuming though it's when you click to download the link and a pop-up happens, right? I usually right-click and go to open in new tab, which bypasses that whole ordeal.
#23  July 03, 2017, 12:30:38 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
the interwebz is changing... we have to adapt or get left behind...
#24  July 03, 2017, 12:32:34 am
Eh seems more like people doing stupid things because of greed.
I don't know who at Photobucket thought this would be a good idea.
#25  July 03, 2017, 10:15:30 am
    • Puerto Rico

Yikes! That sounds scary. But also odd as I've never had any issues with them. I'm assuming though it's when you click to download the link and a pop-up happens, right? I usually right-click and go to open in new tab, which bypasses that whole ordeal.
I've had the page redirect from the download page itself instead of a pop up. Had to close the tab once what I want to DL actually starts downloading.
But yea, moving out to Onedrive out of principle.
#26  July 03, 2017, 01:05:00 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA

Yikes, looks like Photobucket's finally crossed the line for me. While I haven't used the service for a couple of years now, I never bothered to move out my materials since it is a bit of work.

But maybe it is time for action. I'll do the same for MediaFire as well. Off to one drive for that.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#27  July 03, 2017, 01:37:57 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
But yea, moving out to Onedrive out of principle.

Shame Microsoft keep reducing the storage for standard users, unless you created a SkyDrive account years ago and thus got the increased storage loyalty benefit thing.

#28  July 03, 2017, 02:34:18 pm
    • Germany
Soo the site seems to be completly broken right now, are some angry users attacking it or did they just fucked up the site with the new update or something?
#29  July 03, 2017, 03:13:57 pm
    • UK
I mean, I would go to imgur, that's where I've been storing some images lately, but there's a looooot of stuff I have over at Photobucket, and the best part? I can't even SEE the images IN MY OWN LIBRARY because it covers it up with that text. I don't even think I can properly view it to save them, so WELP! And transferring everything from my site over to imgur and fixing links is going to be a nightmaaaaare....

If you got to the image, click on the zoom function on the image and you should see your image which you can save. Irritatingly slow method but one way of recovering photos etc ...
#30  July 03, 2017, 07:25:50 pm
photobucket is about to kick the bucket  :mmhmm:
#31  July 03, 2017, 11:00:05 pm
If you got to the image, click on the zoom function on the image and you should see your image which you can save. Irritatingly slow method but one way of recovering photos etc ...
That's not always the case...
#32  July 03, 2017, 11:42:12 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Photofuckit IMO now.

There hasn't been any real reason to use that site in years. I've had loud video ads, constant ads for their $50+ service thrown in my face, them forcibly adding .html onto the end of image links so trying to click view image forcibly redirecting to the image page in the album, etc.

I only made my account with them in 2005 because back then it was really them or Imageshack, nobody else really.
#33  July 04, 2017, 01:02:59 am
every image host dies under its own weight

imgur is next
#34  July 04, 2017, 02:01:03 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
testing my avatar via OneDrive link

Shit.. didn't work..!
#35  July 04, 2017, 11:03:50 pm
#36  July 04, 2017, 11:44:09 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
#37  July 04, 2017, 11:46:06 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
I normaly use the http://sta.sh/ from DeviantArt.

Dunno if that´s a good idea tho---- But it´s simple and has 2GB of space sooo meh.
#38  July 05, 2017, 06:45:56 pm
Wait, this long line of code is the only way to make it work?

For your image, yes it is.
You have to get the address of the image (like usual), not the link of the page where it's shown.
#39  July 07, 2017, 11:54:15 am
    • Germany
Migrating to imgur too right now, if Photobucket would let me download my stuff already... -.-

The site still makes some problems, maybe to much traffic because everyone is removing there stuff right now after there official statement about the change. xD
#40  July 08, 2017, 02:44:44 am
About Mediafire, it's easy to get the files without getting weird ads:
1- AdBlock
2- when you download something, press the Download button, wait for the About:blank page to appear, close the Mediafire page (not the About:blank page) immediately. Usually when the about:blank page appears your download has already started, that page also does nothing so you don't have to worry about ads from there, it's blank.
The Mediafire page however brings you ads if you let it load enough time, because it changes into another page (advertisement).

Or

2- instead of clicking on Download with your left button, click on it with your right button and choose "Save Link as": you'll get the file without any ads appearing.
Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:40:41 am by AlexSin
#41  July 08, 2017, 02:47:27 am
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
remember when imageshack went wrong and later died? photobucket was crap,very slow and they compressed images... then and is crap right now...try postimage they are better and allow NSFW...
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#42  July 08, 2017, 03:40:36 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
I don't think anyone here is looking for something just for NSFW stuff
#43  July 08, 2017, 10:30:24 am
    • Germany
remember when imageshack went wrong and later died? photobucket was crap,very slow and they compressed images... then and is crap right now...try postimage they are better and allow NSFW...

The thing is, are sites that allow NSFW uploads still Safe, often there are not, because they don't care wherer there Add's come from etc. =/
#44  July 08, 2017, 10:34:20 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
#45  July 08, 2017, 11:37:34 am
I have two AdBlocks (AdBlock and AdBlock Pro) so I haven't gotten any problem.
#46  July 11, 2017, 02:03:25 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA

Well, I have backed up all of my pics and files from both MediaFire and Photobucket successfully. So while I am still keeping both accounts up, consider both accounts abandoned at this time. Especially Photobucket, since I have gotten an email recently stating that they're restricting my account due to "excessive" 3rd party linking.

So, if you come across any of my posts or pics that has been corrupted by Photobucket's shenanigans, PM me and I'll take care of it.

By the way, any additional recommendations for image hosting other than Imgur?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#47  July 11, 2017, 05:22:49 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
I've used Postimage on occasion.

#48  July 12, 2017, 07:09:03 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
I don't think anyone here is looking for something just for NSFW stuff
I know many who do that...(I remember andre lopes h section...)

photobucket was bad always.worst than imageshack..they compressed images and when click in image their page went slow...
#49  July 13, 2017, 12:05:21 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
This is not the old times
#50  July 13, 2017, 03:28:41 am
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
This is not the old times
and andre lopes seems stop hentai after married or get girlfriend.....that kind of material I seen after a famous h mugen forum closed came down..but still kuromaru and friends keeps it alive...yep that old times were better..even with the "no leech rule"..
#51  July 13, 2017, 03:59:56 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Smoke, any more offtopic from you is going in the trash.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#52  August 14, 2017, 07:41:44 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Sorry to bring this thing afloat again guys.

What is everybody's photo hosting site of preference nowadays?
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#53  August 14, 2017, 07:50:48 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I moved all my stuff to imgur, haven't had any issues so far
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#54  August 14, 2017, 07:59:39 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#55  August 14, 2017, 10:12:54 pm
Add ~original after the image link, problem solved (until they find out).

(these are MaxBeta's avatar and signature, straight from Photobucket; if they don't show up that means Photobucket has found us out)
#56  October 11, 2017, 02:36:07 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#57  October 11, 2017, 02:45:48 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Seems like people are smart, good
#58  October 11, 2017, 04:24:31 am
    • USA
I know sites like that need income and stuff, but that's still a super lame way of blocking out people's stuff, aye. At least people are being smart about not giving in to their crap plans, especially if they don't do anything to fix their crappy site as it is. >_>;;

(I still haven't gotten all my images off of there to move elsewhere, hue. Been like months or something...just...too many images to go grab and fix things around and stuff. T-T)
#59  October 11, 2017, 04:41:33 pm
Hello? I said how to solve your problems just a few posts above... ~original after the link of the picture...
#60  October 11, 2017, 10:50:49 pm
    • USA
The problem with that Alex is that doesn't work all the time. : <
#61  October 15, 2017, 09:50:32 pm
  • Never give up
Didn't see this topic here. Damn.

I was able to get to my photos on my phone. Going to try and download them tonight on pc and then delete my photobucket account.

This is horrible. I had images there since 2006.
#62  October 16, 2017, 03:25:57 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
My power was out yesterday at 3 pm, so i went to sleep. I woke up in the dark, got ready for work in the dark, only to get to work and have the power go out at midnight! So i walked around with a flashlight all morning making sure people were safe.

I just got home....still no power.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
New #63  October 16, 2017, 03:32:57 pm
I don't think photobucket has anything to do with that.
Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:43:11 pm by AlexSin