YesNoOk

Sabockee's Sprites 'n Such (Read 330392 times)

Started by sabockee, February 22, 2014, 01:43:03 am
Re: Sabockee's Sprites 'n Such
#481  November 18, 2017, 11:25:46 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
LOL the previous sprite was ugly as hell, and shading was totally messed up. I still don't feel familiar with cps2 sprites but this one looks better for sure.
I plan to make drain animations for all of these transformations, so as the final result you will have 6 full midnight blisses : Zangbear, Mika, Cap Commando, cvsAlex, cvsHaohmaru and cvsAkuma.
#482  November 18, 2017, 11:29:21 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Oh god, a drained bear lol. That's going to be scary to see! @_@

Quite curious how the Cap is going to turn out. I've only seen one MB for him, and it's a very, very ancient one. o.o
#483  November 18, 2017, 11:42:15 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Pretty good midnight blisses, they're all great! :)
If your CvS Alex sprite is planned to be on a MUGEN char, remember it must have the same aspect ratio as his spriteset (120% width)

In the meantime...

"...Rick checks dimension M-330 to see what the SNK Boss Syndrome is all about;"
#484  November 19, 2017, 12:05:58 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
If your CvS Alex sprite is planned to be on a MUGEN char, remember it must have the same aspect ratio as his spriteset (120% width)

I was thinking about that actually. This Midnight Bliss is planned for @Jesuszilla 's Alex. I don't know shit about mugen coding, but what you're talking about seems logical. However (correct me if I'm wrong) the MB I did for Jmorphman's Demitri didn't have cps2 proportions and it worked pretty well with his spriteset. Is this impossible to use it with Alex's current spritesheet? Of course I will redo  my sprite if necessary.
Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:11:04 am by sabockee
#485  November 19, 2017, 12:45:36 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
In Demitri's case, he creates a helper over enemy's place while making them "invisible" during the move. This helper can hav it's own scale independent of the enemy's coding.

The way Midnight Bliss works with compatible characters is by activating their custom animation as their own gethits, so enemy is scaled the same way as he usually is in-game.

So yeah, I think Alex MB needs to be retouched to appear with the correct proportions in the game;
#486  November 19, 2017, 12:49:46 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Demitri could get away with it because he was the one placing the Midnight Bliss animation over (an invisible) opponent, he could thus set the scale of the MB animation back to normal, and not have it match his own slimmed down x-scale; Alex, in contrast, won't be able to do the same for his MB animation.

I guess it would be possible to put an AngleDraw in -2 to change the scale temporarily, whenever the MB animation is being played, but that might screw up Demitri holding up Alex by the head, maybe? Like maybe instead of Demitri correctly holding Alex by the neck, the scaling might offset things to where Demitri is hold Alex by the torso.

edit: ninja'd
#487  November 19, 2017, 12:55:23 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Now things are clear. I'll make that sprite once more - this time with proper proportions. Thanks for explanation and forgive me my ignorance, guys :)
#488  November 19, 2017, 12:56:46 am
    • USA
I dunno, it might be worth experimenting first to see if that AngleDraw idea works, before redoing anything. I can try it out later tonight!
#489  November 20, 2017, 05:56:48 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
(...)

Sorry for the late reply, Jmorphman. It would be cool if you tried this method out. I'm really curious if this is even possible.
However I don't see the problem in making this sprite again and saving coder some effort.
#490  November 20, 2017, 11:53:26 pm
    • USA
I did manage to test it out, but I posted during one of MFG's periodic downtimes, so my post got duplicated, and then deleted:
Yep, it's completely fine using AngleDraw; I forgot that the axis is located at the neck for that animation, so scaling won't affect the point at which Demitri holds the character!
Basically, it's not a huge strain on the coder, you shouldn't have to do more work to stretch out the sprite when there's an easy way of displaying things properly!!!
#491  November 30, 2017, 10:17:06 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
@Xenomic: This time I took the easy way :P

gives...
#492  November 30, 2017, 10:25:59 pm
    • USA
Huh. I didn't even think about how useful Mai would be to that. That actually works out very nicely. o.o
#493  November 30, 2017, 10:33:53 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Actually, this looks exactly how I wanted it to look :) I was searching for good references for Haoh's MB and Mai's winpose was a perfect match :)
#494  November 30, 2017, 10:35:35 pm
    • USA
Yeah, it gives everything that works perfectly for the MB for sure. Even the proportions matches pretty heavily with the reference too! Sometimes, the best way IS the easy way~
#495  November 30, 2017, 10:46:16 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
At first I wasn't sure if it would work well - the pose needed some adjustments, but I really like the final outcome. I'm glad that you like it too.
#496  December 01, 2017, 12:15:19 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#497  December 01, 2017, 12:50:29 am
    • USA
Well, glad it worked out all the same! Will definitely be waiting to see how Maidkuma turns out, if you'll be using the same pose for her or not~ All in all, hope you've been enjoying these little challenges and whatnot, and been getting some good spriting practice. ^^

DW

#498  December 04, 2017, 05:29:56 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Face is still kinda manly on the Haohmaru MB. Though overall, it's really nice.
#499  January 24, 2018, 12:05:48 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Face is still kinda manly on the Haohmaru MB. Though overall, it's really nice.

It was kinda intentional - I wanted to keep Haohmaru's bushy eyebrows. It seems it wasn't the best idea :D

I did some touch ups:

-----------------------------

Finished drain animation for Jzilla's cvs Alex:

Akuma's MB:

Feedback is welcome.
#500  January 24, 2018, 12:44:52 am
    • USA
Ah, I see what you used for Akuma's Midnight Bliss, and I have to say, that was a good call! It's a fitting pose for her, and you translated it very well into pixel format too! I actually was wondering if she even had any thighhighs or anything for the legs, but saw that she does indeed wear nothing of the sort. All in all, a very very good sprite for her~ Can't wait to see how you handle the draining for that one, that might be tricky in some areas.

And naaaah, I can totally see the bushy eyebrows staying. I mean, Ken kept his, why not Haoh, right? : v