Share this topic:
Re: ScreenPack (Looking for help)
#41  June 14, 2012, 11:05:04 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Update- I'm currently looking for help in the screenpack area, what I need;

A new banner entitled "Dragonball Allstars" in various sizes

Lifebar concepts  I've tried a bunch of different ones, but I've not really liked most of them, and I'm trying to focus solely on sprites right now so I haven't been able to try anything else and won't

Select Screen Concept - I've made a few different ones, but I'm sort of in a rutt so if there's anyone out there who's got the chops to design one I'm all ears

to the persons whom help me I will let them try the base as long as they don't leak it.
Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:10:03 pm by Neocide

NoZ

Re: ScreenPack
#42  June 14, 2012, 11:20:16 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
I can help you out,no problem
#43  June 14, 2012, 11:29:04 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
cool, can you show some examples of some stuff you've done?

NoZ

#44  June 15, 2012, 12:10:52 am
    • Puerto Rico
cool, can you show some examples of some stuff you've done?

sure,I am mainly known for my stages and from my screenpack EOF(Enemies of Fear)

winmugen version
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=118309.0

ver.2
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=123233.0

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=128603.0

1.0 (1280x720)
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=140397.0

and this my wip tread,currently working on a new screenpack thats got a few people exited its called WarZoNe
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=139754.0

and all my stages and other stuff is here
http://www.mediafire.com/index.php
#45  June 15, 2012, 12:50:39 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
in the words of daniel bryan YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!, I love that current wip  great great job, I could def use you on the screenpack entirely! :) lemme know when you have time and your msn and or whatever way we can communicate and we can discuss details and everything!

edit- seen your stage work, omg your like a godsend! if I got you images from the show you can hi res them and turn them into stages? if so I can get any and everything you need to help me.

Fuck yes, I'm actually over excited right now. FUCK YES.
Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:55:05 am by Neocide

NoZ

#46  June 15, 2012, 04:01:47 am
    • Puerto Rico
You can pm anytime man,I offered my help cause I was actually wanting to do something dbz related for quite some time,I saw your post and just went for it lol,but anything you need you pm me and we can brain storm,id give you my msn but honestly I don't use it lol,also I'm gonna start on a select screen first,so you can see what I can bring to the table
#47  June 15, 2012, 05:05:43 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
sure I pm'd you about the select and some other stuff, I have plenty of resources (pictures,backgrounds,music) so whatever you need that you don't have feel free to pm me too.

and again thank you so much for the help! It really is a big load off my back!

NoZ

#48  June 16, 2012, 11:48:11 pm
    • Puerto Rico
some progress,but this is very barebones but this is a start to work from here on

btw this is a mugen screenshot,not photoshop
#49  June 17, 2012, 12:10:23 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
We are already using Saiyan Font in Goku, mainly his Challenge Mode! Hehe
Looks very sexy, but I would do something else with the name, the make-up or the color, or the position.
I would do black text with a thick white stroke?
Maybe you can just discard the name completely. I mean, the huge-ass portraits kinda speak for themselves! :D
Perhaps have something of a timer or dragon radar in the middle, but I guess stage select comes there?
Looking awesome :)
#50  June 17, 2012, 12:16:53 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
from what I know the font atm is just the first phase of what he's going to do to it,

Maybe you can just discard the name completely. I mean, the huge-ass portraits kinda speak for themselves!

the portraits do, but not everyone who plays this might be familiar with every single character.
plus is looks weird without their names somewhere :p

NoZ

#51  June 17, 2012, 12:18:07 am
    • Puerto Rico
I like the dragon radar Idea Balthy,I really do :sugoi:
#52  June 17, 2012, 05:55:03 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Gimme something more original! It's a fullgame.

Animated portraits, stage selection with images, odly shaped small portraits.

I'll aways love what Bardock was doing with his old screenpack : all big portraits contained in fact the small portraits of the other chars in black and white, and portraits cycled in placement. So each time you moved from a char to another, you had the impression the dragon had rotated :
http://87.img.v4.skyrock.net/870/mugendbz/pics/685400627.jpg
#53  June 17, 2012, 06:03:11 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Gimme something more original! It's a fullgame.

Animated portraits, stage selection with images, odly shaped small portraits.

I'll aways love what Bardock was doing with his old screenpack : all big portraits contained in fact the small portraits of the other chars in black and white, and portraits cycled in placement. So each time you moved from a char to another, you had the impression the dragon had rotated :
http://87.img.v4.skyrock.net/870/mugendbz/pics/685400627.jpg

I'm all for the oddly shaped small portraits. lol bardock's idea wasn't original though it was a rip off of budokai 3 :p
#54  June 17, 2012, 06:36:05 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Ah, brilliant, and nicely enough similar to what i wanted to achieve (but lack the graphical patience to do) so cool.

Also means i don't have to do it, huzzah.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

NoZ

#55  June 17, 2012, 06:55:24 am
    • Puerto Rico
I have never done anything fullgame related so this is goin to be quite the challenge,but I'm goin to give it my best,I know how to make animated small portraits,but I did not know you can do it for the big ones :???:
#56  June 17, 2012, 07:17:34 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Don't bother for the big ones, what cybaster means is that the small portraits are not shown and all sit on top of each other, the big portrait is the characters place on the wheel as well as the large portrait, each time you "swap" the wheel will appear to move. This is the best way to achieve animation, the GIANT MOTHERFUCKING CURSOR method is horrible.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#57  June 17, 2012, 10:20:51 am
Now just implement the gif animation in the background and a sprite of the char, like before, and it's done.
Trunks' small portrait comes from Budokai Tenkaichi 2, while the others come from renders, maybe you should use an unique portrait style, that's my suggestion.

NoZ

#58  June 17, 2012, 10:33:54 am
    • Puerto Rico
Now just implement the gif animation in the background and a sprite of the char, like before, and it's done.
Trunks' small portrait comes from Budokai Tenkaichi 2, while the others come from renders, maybe you should use an unique portrait style, that's my suggestion.

Eh nooo,trunks small portrait is not from budokai tenkaichi 2,it's not from any game at all
#59  June 17, 2012, 03:05:31 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
not to mention the fact that my select screen premise wouldn't work well with that, adding smaller sprites near the big one would just look off.  I actually like the simplicity myself for the small portraits.

just because its a fullgame doesn't necessarily mean the select screen needs to be super blinged out or anything.
#60  July 08, 2012, 07:32:48 pm
    • Japan
Will you make patch 640x480? I dont have widescreen.  :'(