YesNoOk

TMNT Bebop WIP  (Read 229075 times)

Started by Dcat, April 29, 2017, 01:37:25 am
Share this topic:
Re: TMNT Bebop WIP
#101  November 03, 2017, 12:10:26 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Dcat seriously, you brought this character to a whole new level, I love it! :yuno:
#102  November 03, 2017, 04:50:16 am
Hell yeah he did
#103  November 13, 2017, 02:35:03 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Okay I've been busy working on Bebop's Tazer Blast attacks.  This has been remapped from a Fireball  Motion special to the Heavy Punch Button ala MVC2 Cable. There is a ground version and an Air version that aims down diagonally plus a Dashing Forward + HP version where Bebop leaps forward and shoots forward in midair. Whenever Bebop shoots his Blaster while in the air the recoil will push him back a bit before landing.
Standing Tazer Shots can be chained 3 times consecutively.

Here's a couple screenshots

Also I've added the Tazer Blast Muzzle Flash colors to the palette so you can have palette specific bullets or lasers

SHOOT On The Ground/ SHOOT after DASH/ SHOOT in AIR

Also improved the Jumping Light Punch animation to this cheeky Short Elbow pose- adds much more personality

I'll make a new combo video shortly to show off the new possibilities here. @altoiddealer or anyone else out here that's got any Bebop audio, if you have those sound rips I'd love to get my hands on them right about now, Bebop is still scary quiet without 'em.

More to come, folks
#104  November 13, 2017, 05:31:43 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Nice progress :)  Maybe it looks good in-game, but in the 2nd screenshot I think it looks odd how the blast is angled up higher than the gun.

Keep up the great work  :thumbsup:

#105  November 14, 2017, 04:09:00 am
Good catch, fixed it
#106  November 14, 2017, 06:15:41 am
  • Symbiotes
    • Ukraine
    • malevka2011@yandex.ru
    • Skype - malevka2
    • deviantart.com/malevka1/gallery
Keep up the great work

#107  November 14, 2017, 10:59:54 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Such nice work Dcat! Keep it up.

Good catch, fixed it

Looks like it is still angled up high... Should be a straight line from the guns muzzle to the end of the projectile.
#108  November 21, 2017, 03:58:10 am
    • USA
I gotta say Dcat Bebop is pretty great for me to test out. Any updates for this character? And another question I might add. Will Rocksteady, Metalhead, Baxter Stockman (fly mutant) will be in the works soon?
#109  November 25, 2017, 05:23:58 am
I gotta say Dcat Bebop is pretty great for me to test out. Any updates for this character? And another question I might add. Will Rocksteady, Metalhead, Baxter Stockman (fly mutant) will be in the works soon?

Currently I'm just working on Bebop. Stockman would be a great mixup as I've never done a flying character before plus you could incorporate the Mouser robots as strikers and add some new Custom Animation Opponent states for when they grabbed the Turtles hands in those classic Konami games! Rocksteady would be a good option since him and Bebop are usually a package deal so there could be some fun character interactions if I could get some usable Bebop Audio eventually.

I've been trying to implement a lot of the feedback from Beta testers the past short bit of time now. Thanks for your suggestions guys here's what I've been up to lately:

=====================================
UPDATE 11/24/2017
=========================

-Updated Color Palettes
-Changed SHOULDER CHARGE special command to (QCF + Any Punch While Standing)
- Removed initial Gun Butt HitDef from STANDING TAZER SHOT (Heavy Punch button now solely fires the Gun)
- Added Pushback recoil from STANDING TAZER SHOTS (Heavy Punch Button While On the Ground)
- Lessened Pushback recoil from AIR TAZER SHOT (Heavy Punch Button or Back + HP While in the Air)
-Remapped AIR LIGHT KICK and AIR MEDIUM KICK animations, updated HitDef Properties for both
-Changed AIR HANDCLAP Command to MP,MP or Down + MP or Forward + MP or QCF +MP (While in the Air)
-Limited AIR ELBOW DROP to Once per Combo String (Press Down + HP While in the Air), Bebop now fires an AIR TAZER SHOT on 2nd Attempt
-Added Gun Cocking Noise to TAZER SHOTS
-Improved Air Combo Chaining for AIR TAZER SHOT (HP While in the Air)
-Added Follow-Up Attack to AIR LIGHT PUNCH (Press LP, LP While in the Air for a new Animation)
>>

-Replaced Dashing Light Punch animation with new GUN SWIPE Attack (Forward, Forward + LP)
-Added GUN SWIPE to Combo Ender, after 2 Normal Light Punches Connect (Standing LP, LP, LP or Dash Forward + LP), you can follow-up after GUN SWIPE with a launcher combo or by shooting some long range TAZER SHOTS depending on distance Bebop is from the corner

-Added HEADCRUSH as a command Normal (Back + LP or QCB+ LP While Standing) Like Alex's Heavy Punch from Street Fighter 3

-Added Classic Bebop Uppercut from the Arcade game as well, this one splats P2 on the wall (Back + MP or QCB+ MP While Standing)

-Limited BELLY BUMP (Back + HP) to Once per Combo String, 2nd Attempt will yield PORKSCREW CLOTHESLINE attack (Press Back + HP or QCB + HP after Belly Bump Connects & Bebop will jump into the Air to bring the Wall-Bounced Enemy to the Turf)

-I tried my hand at spriting an Animated Idle stance. I'm no good at this but Bebop looks less catatonic now, still really choppy though :(
>>> UPDATE>>>

-And to cap it all off I've added simple SUPER ARMOR to Bebop as well! (This is one-hit stun like Hulk from MvC and Bebop still takes 100% of the damage value inflicted on him, also Bebop can still be put into custom states and grabbed if your attack negates his armor or you combo into him). Trust me, it makes his grapple gameplay more suspenseful and fun. Well placed command grabs can bully right through the enemy's successful attack leveling the playing field against speedier opponents like Shredder! 

stay tuned
Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 12:50:51 pm by Dcat
#110  November 25, 2017, 05:53:49 pm
    • USA
Wow very interesting update i have to try for my next videos. I like the alex move from SF III. And yes for Stockman that can work for using mousers as a striker as he commands them to charge for LP, charge mid jump for MP, and charge hi jump for HP (for down right controls to have the mousers to charge).
#111  November 26, 2017, 12:17:10 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
I know it's tricky to make custom anims, but I feel like he's performing some weird exercise routine for his idle :)

Maybe it's just me, but I think even just this would suffice:

...which would be improved if his front foot moved only slightly (not as much as that frame in your anim)

#112  November 27, 2017, 09:00:10 am
Okay thanks for the critique I see now I was doing too much all that additional movement looks terrible in game especially with such a retro character.
Here's my new attempt :
#113  November 27, 2017, 11:16:49 am
looking nice...now I love super involved movement for idle...but yours work better with a simple solution
#114  November 27, 2017, 03:45:16 pm
    • USA
The hypers / EX supers are coming up on the next update right? I'm hyped to see how this is going.
#115  December 08, 2017, 02:53:45 pm

UPDATE 12/7/2017
====================
--Coded TMNT 1 ARCADE INTRO [StateDef 1910]
-Coded SHOULDER CHARGE INTRO [StateDef 1989]
-Added FX To HOG'S HEAD Command Normal ( While Standing : Back + LP or QCB + LP)
-Can Now Combo into Standing HK from HOG'S HEAD
-Resprited a larger Wall Splat Sprite
-BackDash changed to Back Hop
-KNEE BREAKER now hits instantly, no longer has delayed hit after BEBOP Lands on the Ground
-BUTT BOUNCE Throw is now only available after a command grab
-UPPERCUT will now be Bebop's Standing Heavy Kick + FWD/BACK throw command, replacing BUTT BOUNCE
-Changed Jumping Heavy Kick to only knockdown Bebop if it connects while P2 is in the Air
- FWD / BACK Directions during COMMAND GRAB now control the direction of wall toss
-Added TAZER SHOT HITSPARK colors to the color palette
-Updated Palettes

The hypers / EX supers are coming up on the next update right? I'm hyped to see how this is going.

Unfortunately, No. I'm still futzing around with the basics at the moment. I'll have to sprite those animations next.

Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:05:56 pm by Dcat
#116  December 14, 2017, 03:14:07 pm
    • USA

UPDATE 12/7/2017
====================
--Coded TMNT 1 ARCADE INTRO [StateDef 1910]
-Coded SHOULDER CHARGE INTRO [StateDef 1989]
-Added FX To HOG'S HEAD Command Normal ( While Standing : Back + LP or QCB + LP)
-Can Now Combo into Standing HK from HOG'S HEAD
-Resprited a larger Wall Splat Sprite
-BackDash changed to Back Hop
-KNEE BREAKER now hits instantly, no longer has delayed hit after BEBOP Lands on the Ground
-BUTT BOUNCE Throw is now only available after a command grab
-UPPERCUT will now be Bebop's Standing Heavy Kick + FWD/BACK throw command, replacing BUTT BOUNCE
-Changed Jumping Heavy Kick to only knockdown Bebop if it connects while P2 is in the Air
- FWD / BACK Directions during COMMAND GRAB now control the direction of wall toss
-Added TAZER SHOT HITSPARK colors to the color palette
-Updated Palettes

Unfortunately, No. I'm still futzing around with the basics at the moment. I'll have to sprite those animations next.

What happened to his E. HONDA grab? When bebop puts his opponent down and butt slams to the ground. I didn't see it anymore.
#117  April 02, 2019, 03:16:46 am
Been working on updating all of the Turtles as well as finishing up Bebop.
Here's a few progress vids:

Spoiler: Raphael Update (click to see content)

Spoiler: Michelangelo Update (click to see content)
Spoiler: Bebop Update (click to see content)
#118  April 02, 2019, 02:44:35 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
So nice to see you back with updates Dcat.

I really enjoy the animation of Bebop shooting on the ground. Nice job.

Would be nice to have progress vids just in training mode. There is so much going on in the versus vids, that it´s hard to clearly see it all.
#119  April 02, 2019, 04:10:17 pm
So after the updated turtles and Bebop, are you going for a new char?

DW

#120  April 02, 2019, 04:59:18 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Aye! Looking good! I like the extras you added to Mikey and Raph. Especially Raph's new air super. Reminds me of SS Blue Vegeta's super from DBZF. Looking forward to Leo's update showcase. Also, of course liking Bebop as well. Good to see you around again.