YesNoOk

Hyper DBZ - WideScreen Mod (1.1b) (Read 15564 times)

Started by Fourch, August 15, 2017, 12:11:01 am
Share this topic:
Hyper DBZ - WideScreen Mod (1.1b)
#1  August 15, 2017, 12:11:01 am
    • France
    • fourch@gmail.com
Hi Everyone,

As a Fan of Hyper DBZ game, I've modded it so it can be playable in WideScreen. Here is a snippet of what it looks like during fights.

Here are some screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

This version wasn't made to replace the 4:3 version. Although I tried to adapt it as faithfully as possible to the original, this modding is only meant to provide what the game could look like and how it'd feel if it were in 16:9. With nowaday's screens, I found it would be a plus if this game were displayed in widescreen, with no black borders. That it would match dragon ball x street fighter x kof feeling better. And also it would be more attractive to most players' eyes.

The Z2 Team has made an amazing job, and as a fan of their game, I tried to respect the original visual and game mechanics, although minor changed must have been made to fit the Widescreen conversion.

See this WideScreen Edition as a proposal, a prototype, an attempt.

Most important added features are Widescreen (obviously) but also Zoom in and out effects (thanks to 1.1b) and new select screen sorting, with Random option.

You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Lnl7IJ10OxLUM0SnJYc25jMTg

Please, get your hands on it and give me your feedbacks so I could improve it. This version is the first release with some minor bugs, but nothing blocking. The game experience is flawless. You'll find notes of what changed for each characters in their respective folders.

Bear in mind since it's ported to WideScreen, Gameplay changes a bit and has now to be thought that way.

ps: I set 1280*720 and windowed mode by default, but it's better when played in 1920*1080 and fullscreen. It can be changed in mugen.cfg
Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:49:13 am by Fourch
Re: Hyper DBZ - WideScreen Mod (1.1b)
#2  August 15, 2017, 12:18:52 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Was waiting for someone to make this to download and try the game.

Download 4sure.
#3  August 15, 2017, 12:20:57 am
    • France
    • fourch@gmail.com
I was waiting for the same then I realised I had better have modded it myself, the wait would be less long :D
#4  August 15, 2017, 12:28:39 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Great, a Widescreen version. :D
#5  August 15, 2017, 12:30:18 am
    • France
    • fourch@gmail.com
I've just read This Section's rules and I think this thread should be moved to General Release. Can an Admin confirm?
#6  August 15, 2017, 01:14:35 am
  • One more player.
    • Chile
    • http://k3rcy.deviantart.com/
Wow it looks great, helps a lot on the selection screen, gives more space. Good work Fourch
#7  August 15, 2017, 11:14:08 am
    • France
    • fourch@gmail.com
#8  August 15, 2017, 03:19:40 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Its fine here. General releases are usually for things you coded yourself, not for edits.

Good job Fourch.
#9  August 17, 2017, 01:11:25 pm
    • France
    • fourch@gmail.com
Thanks. I'll keep this version updated with few things to fix and according to official releases. Also, when I have time, I'll try to port it on Ikemen to make it playable online.