YesNoOk

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sprites by HyperSonic w/edits by SeanAltly & Snakebyte) (Read 141069 times)

Started by Sean Altly, February 25, 2013, 07:39:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Sonic the Hedgehog (Sprites by HyperSonic w/edits by SeanAltly & Snakebyte)
#61  March 02, 2013, 10:38:36 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Especially since he hasn't even played with this one, only having seen a video of a beta.

Anyway, I haven't put up a palette template yet, but I don't usually include people's palettes in the characters themselves. I prefer to let people release packs on their own.

Download Last Bout now!
#62  March 02, 2013, 10:39:42 pm
    • USA
Especially since he hasn't even played with this one, only having seen a video of a beta.

Anyway, I haven't put up a palette template yet, but I don't usually include people's palettes in the characters themselves. I prefer to let people release packs on their own.

No problem at all sir, I completely understand where your coming from.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#63  March 02, 2013, 10:44:39 pm
    • USA
original character, Roney the AquaHedgehog.
#64  March 02, 2013, 10:51:24 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Wow Sean, this is surely one of the most interesting additions to the roster! I mean, he's pretty iconic, and the least humanoid char you have so far I think, so it creates some diversity. The whole Item Box system looks interesting. Good luck, but we already know you'll have no trouble pulling it off ;)
#65  March 02, 2013, 11:07:49 pm
I am not sure what I am more relieved about, that my blurs look mostly okay in action or that you used the shield sounds from the Genesis games.

This is looking to be one of the most impressive CvTW creations. Wow. :)
#66  March 02, 2013, 11:15:07 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Looks really good. I'd consider making the UT a Lvl 2. As the others said, one of the more interesting additions to the roster.
#67  March 02, 2013, 11:41:46 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Looking quite nice and I can't wait to play him (and make some palettes for him too!), I would say adding a bit of visual flair would definitely not hurt though.

As I mentioned earlier for a slide move, something like this , just a small effect on things like the flip kicks and spins.

Even a bit seen here
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

For the lightning shield, I think the effect could use a bit of work, maybe borrow something from Magneto or Benimaru possibly and swap it?

#68  March 02, 2013, 11:54:47 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
I think the slide should activate if you press kick during the roll.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#69  March 03, 2013, 01:28:09 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I don't think he has a slide kick, I was just using it more for the example on the effect of the attack.

Here are some quick example palettes I threw together based on the .gif Sean posted. I'll probably end up adding some of these, and my usual batch of custom palettes in to the palettes I make for him.

Some Defaults

Based on various Sonic Characters

Random palette.
Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:32:22 am by C-G-U
#70  March 03, 2013, 03:16:51 am
    • USA

1. Based upon the Sonic Cartoon "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog"
2. Attempt at "Classic Sonic"
3. Based upon "Sonic The Hedgehog (Sega Genesis)"
4. Based upon Sonic's appearance in "Wreck-It Ralph"

I'll probably remake these palettes myself when Sonic is released in the game/community, due to the fact that the palette scheme maybe different than yours.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#71  March 03, 2013, 03:55:55 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

For the lightning shield, I think the effect could use a bit of work, maybe borrow something from Magneto or Benimaru possibly and swap it?

The shield comes straight from Sonic 3, blown up and with some filters applied. All of the shields are like that. I like the way they look.

The palettes look good. I gave him palettes based on Shadow, Silver, and Amy (like you did), and planned on doing ones for Knuckles and Tails.

Download Last Bout now!
#72  March 03, 2013, 04:37:09 am
  • Fighting Game Promoter
  • YouTube Promoter for all Fighting games alike!
    • USA
Wow! I'm really liking how this sonic is being worked out! I noticed that the item box is more like a chance to him & you added the robotnik item box from the 2 player mode. Have you been thinking about adding the teleport item box in as well or are three shields & the robotnik item box are going to be it? But on the real, I'm really looking forward to this sonic. I could suggest a few victory quotes for him if you want.
#73  March 03, 2013, 03:18:27 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Say, if you beat the opponent with a shield activated, would it be possible for it to keep activated for the next round?
#74  March 03, 2013, 04:05:32 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
So awesome, bringing tears to my eyes.  Awesome gameplay teaser of Sonic.  Loving the sounds FX and his voice suits him as well.
#75  March 03, 2013, 06:12:40 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
3 things of importance
- Sonic Spinball's block properties. Does it count as a crossup due to the lack of blockstun? I can't quite tell from the video(I might not have watched enough) but I'm just making sure this is confirmed :P
- Secondly, is his comboability limited or extended? Beyond what was seen in the video, are there more possibilities? I know the standard answer would be "yes" but I'm wondering if there's a LITTLE more or a LOT more. Pardon my curiosity.
- Thirdly, is he slated for a public release, like Haggar was? If so, I already have plans ;3.

Either way, it's good to see Sonic in action with elemental shields from my personal favorite Sonic game (Sonic 3 & Knuckles.) Can't wait to see more progress!

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#76  March 04, 2013, 10:35:30 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
IMO, his SSBB voice is fine.

DW

#77  March 04, 2013, 11:16:23 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I thought we were gonna get a preview of his Super Sonic super. Though, I guess you haven't implemented it yet, which is cool. I'm loving what I've seen in the vid. Very cool. Something I wanted to note though, was the bouncing mechanic from Bubble Shield. In the fight against Alex, it didn't appear as if Sonic was actually reaching the ground before bouncing back up. Looked a bit weird, but other than that, I applaud your innovation sir.
#78  March 05, 2013, 12:04:05 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
So on the mugen wiki page for Sonic I found this gif of Claymizer's Sonic

I'm assuming that his Super Sonic move will basically be something like this ,or will it it actually be controllable like in Brawl in the end. I've seen it described, and assuming you're going with more of the Psycho Crusher type move, judging by some previous comments.