MUGEN Torrent Site? (Read 1404 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, October 07, 2008, 09:07:22 am
Share this topic:
MUGEN Torrent Site?
#1  October 07, 2008, 09:07:22 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Hi girls and boys,
i m watching the forum since years and i am seeing the many ...very cool Mugen Games, Screenpacks, Characters and so on.

On Various Torrentsites people are uploading FullGames/Collections  often...and mostly without getting any Authorities by the creators..not that this would concern ME a lot but..with games  which have sizes about 500 MB to 1,33 GB like the M-Kast MK Collection ..wouldnt it make sense to have something like an "official" Torrentsite where Creators of Mugen files can upload their stuff?

I mean rapidshare etc are all okay..even if you dont pay for them..but the links expire after a time right?
And to dl one+ GB splitted  to 10+ files..well..its more complicated and takes more time then to simply  dl one torrent file.

it would interest me what the MG Community thinks about this idea, greetings everyone keep on the very cool work on this site

MDI

Re: MUGEN Torrent Site?
#2  October 07, 2008, 09:11:33 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
I think it is a pretty good idea..as long as it is authorized it can indeed be awesome!
ey
#3  October 08, 2008, 01:32:49 am
  • TYRANNOSAURUS
    • Canada
    • mugenguild.com/mi2
#4  October 08, 2008, 03:02:54 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
A decent database would in fact serve the same purpose. Most of us put our own characters online anyway. The one's who don't and use rapidshare/whatever are the ones who should watch themselves.

And of course, even if we did have our own torrent page, you'd still get people compiling this shit.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.