YesNoOk

Namco Super Heroes (Read 4944 times)

Started by 1983parrothead, September 13, 2007, 07:54:53 am
Share this topic:
Namco Super Heroes
#1  September 13, 2007, 07:54:53 am
This isn't a MUGEN program, but it's similar, and I was thinking about adding the characters Misato Giken created to MUGEN.

Here is the web site about the fan game, "Namco Super Heroes".

And here is where to download it.

This fan game includes Wonder Momo (from Wonder Momo), Bravoman (from Bravoman), Gil (from The Tower of Druaga), Valkrie (from Valkyrie No Densetsu), and Rick (from the Splatterhouse series).

The trial version is available for download, but it only includes Wonder Momo and Bravoman with no music.  It's probably under construction.
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
Re: Namco Super Heroes
#2  September 13, 2007, 07:58:18 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Thats fighter Maker i think.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#3  September 13, 2007, 08:21:49 am
  • You know it!
Wait no it isn't too good to be fighter maker..

How can you rip sprites from this?
WOO! WOO! WOO!
Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:25:46 am by Shin'ichi Kudo
#4  September 16, 2007, 02:28:39 am
Unless......unless I ask the creator's permission to let him or her create them for M.U.G.E.N, or to let me take all the sprites and sound effects to convert them to M.U.G.E.N, while I'll credit the author of the sprites and sound effects.
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
#5  September 16, 2007, 02:54:38 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
any way to get the other characters?

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#6  September 16, 2007, 03:02:50 am
  • You know it!
I think that is only the Beta or maybe their somewhere on the site..
WOO! WOO! WOO!
#7  September 19, 2007, 06:44:41 am
#8  September 19, 2007, 06:49:37 am
  • You know it!
WOO! WOO! WOO!
#9  September 19, 2007, 06:58:23 am
#10  October 14, 2007, 06:52:22 am
  • You know it!
I don't think there is..you can just use NxC sprites..
WOO! WOO! WOO!
#11  October 16, 2007, 04:56:32 am
I don't think there is..you can just use NxC sprites..

I'm afraid those lack several things like walking.  Perhaps the only way to extract all the sprites and sound files used in this fan game is to get something that can extract .CLT files and .TEX files.  I'm sure someone who lives in Japan knows how.
#12  October 16, 2007, 04:58:14 am
  • You know it!
?...You probably can't extract those..
WOO! WOO! WOO!
#13  October 16, 2007, 05:38:24 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
if the exe can extract them, tehy can eb extracted. how hard that is is a different, matter, though.
#14  October 17, 2007, 02:26:16 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
Don't we tend to shy away from ripping off non-commercial games though, given what happened with the community and BoR taking sprites readily from mugen works?
#15  October 17, 2007, 02:36:36 am
  • Never will be a Banana Chap
    • kmmousemugen.bravehost.com
I'm with KFM on this one, I'm still beefin' with this one guy who thought taking the sprites from Streets of Rage Remake and making a BOR out of them was all gravy. Not cool. Not cool at all.

So, if I was that person, I'd be just as steamed as I am with that one guy.

That being said, wow. That game looks awesome, but if you only took one glance at it, you'd think it WAS MUGEN. Those Powerbars are so SFA. ^^;

'I have defied Gods and Demons... I know you, your past, your future. Your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is how the world ends.'

KM's MUGEN Site. Like life, a work in progress.
#16  November 07, 2007, 05:16:53 am
There is no email address available on the web site, but I checked out the external links.  They might have something to do with the program Namco Super Heroes is designed for.  I also found its sound files in one of its folders titled "se" in the system folder.

It looks like my best bet is to rip the sprites using screen capture tools.  The stages look pretty easy to rip out.  The get-hit sprites are perhaps the toughest, because it's when one sprite covers another sprite.  It might be possible to fix that.

I'll have to do this, because MUGEN needs more Namco characters. In addition, I will add Bravoman's and Wonder Momo's voices, quotes or whatever you call them from Namco X Capcom.
#17  November 07, 2007, 05:27:01 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
I NO WANT TO KOMBAIN
#18  November 07, 2007, 05:32:15 am
  • You know it!
There is no email address available on the web site, but I checked out the external links.  They might have something to do with the program Namco Super Heroes is designed for.  I also found its sound files in one of its folders titled "se" in the system folder.

It looks like my best bet is to rip the sprites using screen capture tools.  The stages look pretty easy to rip out.  The get-hit sprites are perhaps the toughest, because it's when one sprite covers another sprite.  It might be possible to fix that.

I'll have to do this, because MUGEN needs more Namco characters. In addition, I will add Bravoman's and Wonder Momo's voices, quotes or whatever you call them from Namco X Capcom.
You can just edit the sprites from NxC.
They are in pieces so it should be easy to make run. block, etc.

WOO! WOO! WOO!
#19  November 07, 2007, 06:42:32 am
    • USA
    • https://www.facebook.com/Djk6DraggedNChopped
#20  November 07, 2007, 03:04:58 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
You can just edit the sprites from NxC.
They are in pieces so it should be easy to make run. block, etc.
Well ain't that cute.  BUT IT'S WRONG!

Out of all the NxC characters made so far, I've only seen a couple that have been well edited.
Also, the sprites from this game don't clash so much style-wise should you include them with the rest of your smorgasbord of characters.