YesNoOk

CVS Dee Jay, all CVS2 characters updated. (Updated 2015/06/15) (Read 31683 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, May 17, 2015, 07:16:06 am
Share this topic:
Re: CVS Dee Jay, all CVS2 characters updated.
#61  May 28, 2015, 03:14:57 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
If they're "stuck" on C-Groove, it's because they detect that they're a partner. Something is going on here. Do you have a modified common1.cns? Did you unzip and replace ALL FILES when updating?
#62  May 28, 2015, 03:17:50 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I had started a brand new mugen with these guys. All the older versions are on my currently dead laptop, so there were no files to replace. With the other characters, I changed absolutely nothing. All I changed with Balrog are the things I just mentioned.
#63  May 28, 2015, 03:19:12 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Are you using any of the hacked versions of MUGEN?
#64  May 28, 2015, 03:23:47 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Nnnot that I know of? I told you the screenpack I'm using, that came with its own mugen.
#65  May 28, 2015, 03:25:55 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
#66  May 28, 2015, 03:28:24 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I can say it doesn't allow for that. There's no crazy simul mode shenanigans, and those screenshots I showed you are from Single Player modes.
#67  May 28, 2015, 03:34:09 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
It doesn't matter. If it's been modified, it's been modified, and since you're the only one having this problem... I can only assume something in that build is to blame. For starters, it comes with a common1, common2 (huh?), and even characters. The MUGEN speed has also been modified (another setting that ought not to be trusted).

Get a clean build from Elecbyte and an actual screenpack that doesn't come with the MUGEN redistributables. He really shouldn't be doing that with his releases, anyway.
#68  May 28, 2015, 03:36:39 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Aside from modified compilations and fullgames, I always found it strange when authors release the whole mugen setup instead of just data sounds and fonts  :???:
#69  May 28, 2015, 03:52:31 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
So I got the new batch from Elecbyte's website, downloaded it, moved Balrog from the other screenpack into the new one, changed nothing on the new Mugen, not the resolution, didn't change the characters, didn't add any new stages, didn't even reconfigure controls aaand..

Yeah.. But then I thought a bit more, and went to TM and redownloaded a clean Balrog with it just to be safe.

Then progress was made and success was indeed had. It must have been something in the color separation patch then, my mistake.
#70  May 28, 2015, 03:53:30 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
That's strange, though, I wonder what the color separation patch would have done? Unless it came with an old .cns or .def or something.
#71  May 28, 2015, 03:54:43 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
It's the one done by Froz. Re-downloading it to see what's up with it.

Update: It doesn't seem to have come with anything other than palettes and a new def and sff file. Strange happenings, indeed.

DW

#72  May 28, 2015, 03:58:21 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I thought you replaced the old SFF with the CS'd one... I didn't bother to check. The CS patch more than likely comes with an alt DEF for all the new pals and stuff. I doubt Uncle would have changed any CNS stuff. Not sure how that would make him double up like that, but I guess so.
#73  May 28, 2015, 04:04:20 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Okaaay, I think I see where the problem is. The def Froz included with the CS patch completely gets rid of the buffering.vns. Gonna do a quick before and after to see if that might be the case. This has been quite the run-around, lol..
#74  May 28, 2015, 04:05:37 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Indeed. That would do it.
#75  May 28, 2015, 04:09:27 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Yeah, that was it. That solves that problem, but all characters are still trapped in C-Groove, which probably is an issue with the screenpack itself. Balrog could switch grooves in the "clean" 1.1 batch I got from Elecbyte's site. Apologies for this ^^;
#76  May 28, 2015, 04:12:18 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
No problem. Weird stuff happens when it comes to various MUGEN builds that do who knows what.

I remember Ayaka telling me about some setting in either the lifebars or the screenpack that would lead to strange errors, but I forgot what it was.
#77  May 31, 2015, 08:32:10 pm
    • Russia
    • gess.poleski@inbox.com
I'll pop in to give feedback here and there.

Hopefully this video illustrates how Felicia's use of Hellcat is pretty cheap, especially considering the damage it delivers
Word of advise, one of the seriously cheapest things new AI coders do is to trigger Hypers when p2 is attacking. That's cheap. It's going to guarantee the hit [and the damage].
Try not to trigger throws too often. They're literally, generally the cheapest high priority move because they contain invulnerabilities during the attacking frame and are immediate; they're broken compared to other moves. To put spamming them in perspective, they're comparable to an AI brokenly using constant countering shoryukens .
Felicia has a "reactionary" AI -- she typically does virtually nothing unless p2 is attacking ... save Hellcat. Watch the video for the portion where p2 stands idly
You likely tried to simulate human AI, but this falls short. A human cannot throw that accurately based on p2's distance so often, will not land throws as successfully, cannot automatically react to p2's attack, etc.
Please change her "back up" coding. It needs more triggers. See 0:54 in the video above.
Felicia doesn't use her air basics, at least not against grounded opponents it would seem (didn't check the coding for it, but it's observable)

Deejay's AI:
When Deejay does his alpha counter, he'll often dodge instead of completing the alpha-counter. I'm pretty sure that's not possible in CvS
When possible, please disable your grooves and make use of this bit of coding.
[State -2, DisplaytoClipboard]
type = DisplaytoClipboard
trigger1 = 1;(GameTime%100) = 0
ignorehitpause = 1
text = "P2BodyDist x = %d, P2BodyDist y = %d, Enemy Vel X = %d, Enemey, Vel Y = %d"
params = floor(P2BodyDist x), floor(P2BodyDist Y), floor(enemy, vel x), floor(enemy, vel y)
ignorehitpause = 1

Characters:
While I've only really tested Felicia and Deejay thus far, I'm pretty sure their roll invulnerabilities are inaccurate and that they don't match warusaki3's.
No offense, but on all of the characters, the animations for the throws look very odd.

#78  June 01, 2015, 12:05:33 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
On AI level 8, I strove for TAS-level tactics. Turn down the AI level and there will be considerably more realistic drops.

I'll make some appropriate changes to the AI though because grabbing and missing repeatedly is dumb. Plus I don't like the walking triggers, myself. I'm completely new to AI so I expected dumb errors.

What do you mean with Dee Jay, though? Don't make a video, explain it in clear English.

As for the roll invuls, you can check the coding and they are the same as Warusaki3's. I also tested them in CvS2 using Benimaru's Raijinken. It's all in your head.

The throw animations have accurate timings. The binds are just fine on OKOF's Clark, Vans's stuff, and my stuff. With Warusaki3, the quality of his gethit placements may vary.
Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:19:27 am by Jesuszilla
Re: CVS Dee Jay, all CVS2 characters updated. (Updated 2015/06/15)
#79  June 16, 2015, 03:04:21 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Updated 2015/06/15

Fixed all negative edge issues, reprioritized all specials and basics, and updated some velocities in Eagle I missed when properly accounting for turbo. Everything should feel excellent now. Felicia's AI SPAMs Hellcat less, and fixed the walking triggers for all AI.
Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:12:16 am by Jesuszilla
Re: CVS Dee Jay, all CVS2 characters updated. (Updated 2015/06/15)
#80  June 16, 2015, 09:37:13 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Nice update Jesuszilla. Tested Dee Jay & Felicia a bit , feels very nice.  :thumbsup: