YesNoOk

Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Yagami Update) (Read 621513 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, February 14, 2017, 03:34:40 am
Share this topic:

Poll

After Yamazaki, what's next?

Update Iori Yagami?
6 (7.6%)
Update Dhalsim?
2 (2.5%)
Raiden or Maki Update?
9 (11.4%)
Captain Commando?
38 (48.1%)
5th Option?!
24 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: August 31, 2019, 03:34:00 pm

Re: Knuckles8864's WiPs - Back to the Crazy Guy!
#561  December 08, 2018, 09:33:01 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I see what are you doing there...
This is fate.
#562  December 09, 2018, 05:31:48 am
  • Was it something I said?
If you mean by I'm being a lazy duck with Yamazaki's shoulders, the answer is leaning towards yes.

Edit: I should get back to that one.
#563  December 10, 2018, 09:27:29 am
Yamazaki's Stands are done (for the most part)

Any edits to fix some inconsistencies are welcome.
#564  January 19, 2019, 09:35:30 am
Hi all. Sorry I haven't kept you posted or anything. Work and other things have kept me from continuing Yamazaki. But now, I have returned! The CS Process has coming along nicely, so I wanted you guys to see my progess.

Also, any suggestions on this sprite from his air light punch? Having trouble getting it to look right. :/

#565  January 19, 2019, 05:24:58 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#566  January 19, 2019, 07:45:54 pm
oh thank god knucks your back! im excited for your version of yamazaki!
#567  January 20, 2019, 04:32:47 am
    • USA
Hi all. Sorry I haven't kept you posted or anything. Work and other things have kept me from continuing Yamazaki. But now, I have returned! The CS Process has coming along nicely, so I wanted you guys to see my progess.

Also, any suggestions on this sprite from his air light punch? Having trouble getting it to look right. :/

Beautiful, just beautiful.
#568  February 01, 2019, 11:23:30 am
Which one is better?

Edit: I'm debating if I should make the neck part more like KoF-2003 to XIV where he has shown to have more of a neck.
Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 11:26:54 am by Knuckles8864
#569  February 01, 2019, 01:58:39 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#570  February 02, 2019, 03:22:47 am
    • Australia
#571  February 02, 2019, 06:43:10 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil

The second is better.
#572  February 02, 2019, 07:06:29 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Yeah, I like the 2nd one too. Looks more natural as the 1st one doesn't cover his back completely.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#573  February 03, 2019, 12:18:24 pm
Hey all. Long ago, I promised a beta, so...Here it is.

Fair Warning:
-The CS is not fully complete yet. I've gotten up to the crouching attacks (and a few things as well)
-The damage might be in need of a bit of a nerf, considering what I am currently doing right now.
- Some hitboxes might also be in need of changing as well, for example, medium Hebi Tsukai can't hit Chun-Li, and an already hurt KFM.
-Need a state for Chun-Li for her to stand long until Yamazaki hits Hon-Fu
-EX moves, and the current plan for his moveset are not finished yet. (EX, Pit Viper is still a normal move, and can get in the way of Hebi Tsukai)
-No A.I., as always.
-Will most likely change moveset to English, depending.
-Still has Jmorphman's Benimaru for big portrait (I forgot about finding a good one for Yama)

Feel free to send back whatever you can, whether it be feedback or color separation-wise. Thank you, and have a nice day.
#574  February 03, 2019, 06:23:17 pm
Good do see Yamazaki is getting a beta, I voted for him waay back when, gonna test him out tomorrow.
#575  February 05, 2019, 01:39:13 pm
Updated the beta.

He now has...
-English names for his moves (except his punch throw, and his knife attack)
-EX Fight of Tempering (aka the stomp move). I may fasten the move, and make it just the two stomps, basically forgetting the two extra hits. I kind of want to know what you guys think about it.
-Level 1 Pit Viper has been added (that stab them with his hand move), not sure how to do the poison thing though, so I might make it just do damage what I have now.

Things to do list:
-Make an EX Knife Attack (not sure how to approach it right now) and EX Spray Sand (I may take Jmorphman's advice)
-Decide which MAX Guillotine to use (stomp, or hit them on the ground-wise)
-Decide on a proper Level 3 (whether it be Drill or Freak-Out Fist, if the sprites exist for it)
-Finish those damn dirty sleeves and neck for the CS.
-Add blood (config if people want to keep it PG-13)
-Etc.
#576  February 05, 2019, 03:56:35 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Pit Viper does lack some impact as it is. Maybe increase the speed of Yamazaki pulling out his hand as well as a slash sound effect there. I assume you're gonna put blood there too. I do feel like Drill should be the Level 3, with everything you can do with it. I wish you could have the object slam from XIV, but I'm not sure the sprites exist for it. Everything else seems top for a beta, though. Can't wait for the complete release!

Edit: Another thing I think would help Pit Viper's impact would be invshake during the pullout motion as well.
Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 02:14:27 am by Project.13
#577  February 10, 2019, 02:52:39 pm
Pit Viper does lack some impact as it is. Maybe increase the speed of Yamazaki pulling out his hand as well as a slash sound effect there. I assume you're gonna put blood there too. I do feel like Drill should be the Level 3, with everything you can do with it. I wish you could have the object slam from XIV, but I'm not sure the sprites exist for it. Everything else seems top for a beta, though. Can't wait for the complete release!

Edit: Another thing I think would help Pit Viper's impact would be invshake during the pullout motion as well.

Hopefully done.

Updated once again.

Most noticable updates:

-Serpent Strike's hitboxes have been updated. Now they can finally hit those short characters!
-Changed the Knife Attack (Called Judgement Dagger) to be more like KoF 2002 UM. Added the EX version as well.
-Updated Fight of Tempering a bit. Attack now comes in two hitboxes, still debating on its EX though.

Still to do list:
-The CS still.
-Adding the EX's to Spray Sand and Sadomazo.
-Add Drill, still need an idea for the 3rd option for it.

I definitely would love to put the Freak-Out Fist and some other goodies, since a certain someone made some awesome sprites for him, as seen in these two videos here.

Buuuuut, I will settle for what I've got for now. :)
#578  February 10, 2019, 06:33:10 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I'd say for EX Sadomaso, combine the XIV version with the CvS version: A headbutt that causes a ground bounce, followed by a multi-hit Drill punch. Not sure for Spray Sand though. Also, Judgment Dagger feels great lol.

-Fight of Tempering just feels incomplete now, to be honest. Without that last kick that knocks the opponent away, it just feels kind of awkward.
-Should've mentioned this before, but Pit Viper should also have a slash spark to go with the pull-out.

Man, the part of me that's kind of in love with compromise wants to suggest using those Freak-Out Fist sprites as the final Drill option reminiscent of XIV in a best of both worlds kind of deal, but the choice is all yours if you wanna do that.
#579  February 10, 2019, 06:44:56 pm
Wow this kind of work with palette separation is fabulous, you get simulating a new costume without build new sprites, it's very cool.
#580  February 10, 2019, 07:18:35 pm
knuckles are you gonna add his level 3 from kof2002 and are you gonna add that win pose where he grab them and hold them by the neck? and are you gonna add that stance when you leave him standing up for quite sometime?