YesNoOk

Project: Megaman X: Fighting Arena. (Read 1074 times)

Started by fxfreitas, December 26, 2018, 03:09:04 pm
Share this topic:
Project: Megaman X: Fighting Arena.
#1  December 26, 2018, 03:09:04 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
The Game is developed by AlexDX4, Rocklu, Rods. and me FXFreitas, with plans for 8 Playable characters for the first version, we are making it from scratch, with our own game-play and trying to get everything as balanced as possible.
Sigma is back again! And bring some old Friends with him, its up to the maverick hunters destroy Sigma and restore the peace in the world.

About the game-play, the hardest part of the development, was finally managed to balance it to fit in a fighting game and keep the essence of each character, thanks to months of testing and This Demo that still avalible but is far from the current progress, we improved and refined those characters based on the feedback of this old demo. If you wanna play it, be aware that characters are old betas and play very diferent now.
All characters play at same way:
Light Attack - Basic Light movement, quick and weak, you can combo it with any move
Medium Attack - Basic Medium movement, balanced, you can combo it with any move except the light attack.
Strong Attack/Launcher - Basic Strong movement, heavy and slower, you can combo it with most of super moves
Personal Skill/Breaker - Personal skill is a unique move, normally the signature move of each character, Like X's Buster Shot.
Dodge - A kind of phantom dash, you move forward with invincible frames and can avoid everything, be aware that you can't cancel it in other moves.
Overclock/Overdrive - A Unique boost, you can use only if the overclock bar is on 50% or higher and, able to use a ultimate attack named Overdrive, i.e.: X wear a armor during the overclock period.
Super Moves - Like any fighting game, you have shoryukens and sonic booms here and there, each character have your own set of supers, some characters share super moves, but we are trying at maximum to make them play differently.
Hyper Move - All characters have a hyper move, that burns half of the power bar, during the overclock state the hyper move change on some characters.

Playable Characters:
X, Axl, Zero, Alia, Iris, Vile, Dynamo, Gate.
We have plans for more characters if the project get success. One of them is command mission X, that will be available only with the game release:

Around 2019, we have plans to release a public beta, with four playable characters, and Boss-Only Sigma on Arcade Mode, but Overclock will be disabled.

For more Videos, Check AlexDX4 Channel.
Re: Project: Megaman X: Fighting Arena.
#2  December 26, 2018, 05:05:14 pm
  • HUMAN WEAPON DEAD FOX
    • Mexico
This reminds me of MDI's Megaman X: Scrap Metal Arena.
#3  December 31, 2018, 03:25:23 pm
your project looks good It has a future

A tip, do not go crazy putting more characters than you can program.
It shows that you want to make a balanced and prolix project.

Good luck and hopefully you will find people to help you.
#4  January 03, 2019, 11:27:28 pm
    • Brazil
your project looks good It has a future

A tip, do not go crazy putting more characters than you can program.
It shows that you want to make a balanced and prolix project.

Good luck and hopefully you will find people to help you.

Thanks for the reply, thats the Idea of our project, less chatacters, more quality, the main proposite of make a demo with 4 characters and a Boss-Only Sigma is keep a balanced gameplay, then make the next 4 characters with that balance in mind.
Actually we got a Spriter (me) (and a support spriter, Rods), a Coder (AlexDX4) and a support designer (Rocklu) and some testers.

This reminds me of MDI's Megaman X: Scrap Metal Arena.

I remember it, but we are trying to make it play more like a classic Fighting Game.
#5  January 13, 2019, 05:21:54 am
    • Brazil
Did a Small Video Showcasing Sigma And Iris, hope you enjoy, and sorry for the poor quality
#6  January 16, 2019, 09:07:52 pm
  • にゃん
    • Brazil
    • deathscythe.co.vu
Wow.... just wow. I was expecting something simple or even poorly animated/coded (I had bad experiences with Mega Man chars in the past, lol), but this looks awesome. You got my attention. Keep it up!
#7  January 17, 2019, 05:15:55 pm
    • Brazil
Wow.... just wow. I was expecting something simple or even poorly animated/coded (I had bad experiences with Mega Man chars in the past, lol), but this looks awesome. You got my attention. Keep it up!

Thanks! And we are trying to make it as beautiful as possible, and of course well coded, Alex do a great work, and I am trying to do my best with each sprite.