YesNoOk

Where is the variety ? (Read 11182 times)

Started by B_____________________, July 11, 2014, 12:38:22 am
Share this topic:

Poll

is B_____________________

dumb
3 (11.5%)
dumb
1 (3.8%)
dumb
0 (0%)
dumb
1 (3.8%)
and yeah b is dumb for making this poll :)
11 (42.3%)
amusing option
10 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Where is the variety ?
#1  July 11, 2014, 12:38:22 am
  • M.U.G.E.N is Life
    • USA
    • bernardtk97@gmail.com
Everyday i look at the forums and hoping to see new creative idea's in the mugen community. So far it's sad to see everyone making a dragon ball, and marvel characters when theres already 190433523523 of them. I understand people like them and wanna make there own but why not give a little spark in the community with somthing new like "stick keys" yes sticky keys... the window that pops up when clicking shift 5+ times. thats already made but i hope you see my point. Criticize all you want leave positive feedback all you want. doesn't matter i just want to point this out :)
Re: Where is the variety ?
#2  July 11, 2014, 12:41:51 am
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
you have been here under a month.
you have literally no reason to be criticizing people, especially when the things you just mentioned aren't a matter of quantity but quality. There may be a shit ton of DBZ or Marvel-esque characters, but that by no means means that they're good. matter of fact most of them are ass.
wait was this a joke
did I just get trolled?
shit
#3  July 11, 2014, 12:45:10 am
what do you expect from this thread. do you expect everybody to go "oh shit, this guy is right, im cancelling my dragon ball and marvel wips, what do you want to see instead, b_________? thanks for showing us the light and ushering in a new era of mugen creativity"
#4  July 11, 2014, 12:57:16 am
You go right ahead and feel free to make original sprites not found in any existing game, maybe someone will like it enough they'll start coding it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5  July 11, 2014, 01:04:41 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Wait so the post here
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1988330
was about how there were "too many gokus" and we should go back in time 2 years ago and stop doing gokus?

Dude, you cant control what others want to do. Everyone is free to do whatever they want, regardless of being a moustache akuma or another ryu. If you feel that strongly about doing something new, then do it. Thats what your hands are for.

#6  July 11, 2014, 01:30:29 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Well we have gotten a shaved bald Akuma not long ago.  A mustached version may not be too far ahead.
#7  July 11, 2014, 01:44:23 am
rant

Well, we tried other things but no one's interested. It doesn't entertain the crowd we do this for who loves their 9000 chars and SUPER MEGA ULTRA combos and psychedelic hit sparks of clashing styles.

Like the video game industry, Mugen is doomed to forever be uncreative. People want the same old, so that's what we'll give 'em. Like video games, us creators are the cancer killing Mugen. All we need now is paid DLC.

And the best part about all of this is...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#8  July 11, 2014, 01:44:57 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'll be waiting for you to create something fresh and new with a lot of originality.
Good luck with drawing the sprites and coding the character.

Oh, and there better not be 3 punches and 3 kicks. That's overdone. All characters have that.
He shouldn't have specials nor supers either, as all characters have these types of attacks. Make something more original.
Also, no jump, crouch ou run, and you bette rnot steal Zero Counter, Parry, Super Jump, Chain Combos, Focus Attack, Roll, EX moves from other games. Most characters (including overdone POTS style ones) have this type of unoriginal overdone stuff. You better make something more original than that !!!

Cheers
#9  July 11, 2014, 01:56:40 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
be the person who solves this issue, start taking steps to learn to code or sprite, and let your own ideas come to life
#10  July 11, 2014, 01:59:11 am
  • Former Tier 1 Admin "The Third Sequence"
If you're going to make a statement like that B, you should at least try to understand & learn what goes into making a decent character.
#11  July 11, 2014, 02:05:31 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
This sounds like the perfect opportunity to announce a Super Saiyan Captain America WIP, rather than Mustachkuma.

You can always try to fix this apparent problem by introducing Sticky Keys' rival, Caps Lock.  Or whatever it is that equates to a little spark.  People are going to make what they want, in the end.
#12  July 11, 2014, 02:07:56 am
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
I'm assuming he's referring to how there are a lot of creators who create the same character and the only difference is game play style.

(For example, R@ce just finished a Haohmaru (which im hella happy about) and now Chazz is doing one.)

I guess the lack of new characters or characters that have been created but aren't of the more recent creators tastes and are frankly being ignored is what the OP is talking about.

Obviously I understand that each creator has the choice of what they create, but it does definitely get a little dull seeing the same character being created over and over again.

Basically insulting the OP and saying they should create their own character and blah blah when we all know the OP more than likely can't do that is literally just being mean.

I highly doubt they were meaning it in a way to insult anyone who creates.

also

be the person who solves this issue, start taking steps to learn to code or sprite, and let your own ideas come to life

this.
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#13  July 11, 2014, 02:11:59 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Basically insulting the OP and saying they should create their own character and blah blah when we all know the OP more than likely can't do that is literally just being mean.

You put yourself in the ring, you better get ready to take some punches.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
This avatar is for you Valodim
#14  July 11, 2014, 02:27:25 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
i'm going to make my own mugen character! with blackjack! and hookers! you know what- forget the char!
#15  July 11, 2014, 02:54:36 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
So, what you're saying is that there's too many chars of a category that's overdone (only difference is gameplay), and you want something new and original? If that's the case, why not have a char that's never seen before; ever. Oh, and if punches and kicks, along with walking, jumping, or turning is overdone, why not take that out? Surely that's original.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Just.. dude, you got to understand that no matter how many chars are overdone (like Goku or Ryu for example), there are authors who wants to take a different spin and sometimes experiment what type of gameplay works at its finest. It doesn't matter if there's too many of those, as long as the sprites are good (or decent at least) and the gameplay is fun and interesting. Like for example: Cody by Brown (SF char that uses God Hand mechanics. And guess what: it worked a lot).
#16  July 11, 2014, 03:05:24 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Dunno why people are getting on this guys case with the unnecessary sarcasm he has a right to an opinion and in my opinion he's right. One of the main reasons I haven't downloaded a character in 3 months or so.
#17  July 11, 2014, 03:18:45 am
  • For honor!
Maybe reactions could be considered harsh on what appears to be a relatively new poster making a thread that's ultimately inconsequential.

However, when one calls out other people, that person better be prepared to be called out himself.
Iroha stripped for me
#18  July 11, 2014, 03:19:58 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
What about stuff like Shades of Manhatten, or Diepod's works, or Balthazar making a Power Ranger... Frank West is being made, the duo from Adventure time, Sean Altly is making Joe from SF1... And tons of more obscure fighters are in the release boards all the time.

It just seems more oddly specific to me. Unless he wants more characters that are not like traditional fighters. Like the shift key. In which case that's a preference (and one I don't hold at all :P)
#19  July 11, 2014, 03:25:34 am
  • Haters are toys
I'll be waiting for you to create something fresh and new with a lot of originality.
Good luck with drawing the sprites and coding the character.

Oh, and there better not be 3 punches and 3 kicks. That's overdone. All characters have that.
He shouldn't have specials nor supers either, as all characters have these types of attacks. Make something more original.
Also, no jump, crouch ou run, and you bette rnot steal Zero Counter, Parry, Super Jump, Chain Combos, Focus Attack, Roll, EX moves from other games. Most characters (including overdone POTS style ones) have this type of unoriginal overdone stuff. You better make something more original than that !!!

Cheers

Damn O.O

"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#20  July 11, 2014, 03:29:49 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Dunno why people are getting on this guys case with the unnecessary sarcasm he has a right to an opinion and in my opinion he's right. One of the main reasons I haven't downloaded a character in 3 months or so.
maybe, and some people have given him a straight answer.

but in my case it is moslty becasue i've seen several threads similar to this one (but not in a while) so i don't take it seriously anymore (implying i ever did)