YesNoOk

Ruby Heart's color separation (Read 6460 times)

Started by Burning_Typhoon, August 23, 2013, 11:51:44 pm
Share this topic:
Ruby Heart's color separation
#1  August 23, 2013, 11:51:44 pm
Wow, I'm not liking this at all...

Ruby heart...  Colors are share in everything on her sprite.  The black outline she has goes over everything, including her hands.  The colors used in her skin are in her hair and boots.  I'm not separating everything.  I'm just going to do enough to give her some better palette creation options without having to worry too much about things looking too stupid...  Whatever.  Some color separation is better than no color separation

Here's what's separated:
Boots
Hair
Skin
Buttons on the jacket
Arms
Legs
Hands

What isn't:
Eye
Eye patch
Jacket
the white parts of her clothes

As far as weapons go, I plan to separate those too.... I refuse to separate anything else.  I don't think I'll ever do this with another character again, lol.

EDIT:  I promise I'm not messing this up.  Some colors are hard to see, but they are separate if I say they are.  I just didn't make great choices when deciding to color the boots. The buttons are a different color from her hair too.
Re: Ruby Heart's color separation
#2  August 24, 2013, 12:14:36 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I wouldn't worry about the black outline that goes around her sprites. Just stick to everything else. It'll save you a ton of time! I mean, I'm not telling you what to do. Just a suggestion :P
#3  August 24, 2013, 12:22:13 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
The separation looks spectacular! Good luck! ^^
#4  August 24, 2013, 01:39:10 am
^Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about the black outline that goes around her sprites. Just stick to everything else. It'll save you a ton of time! I mean, I'm not telling you what to do. Just a suggestion :P

Oh, I know, it's the internet.  No worries.

But, I have to change that.  It bugs me.  Even in MvC2, that her sprites are like that.  It's one of the reasons I quit working on her years ago.  It isn't just the line, it's a part of the sprite too, like her jacket.  If I leave it how it is, whenever I change the color of her jacket, so will that line and other random things that wont look nice when i go to recolor them.

This just means it's going to be a while before i get her sheet finished.  A nice long while unfortunately.  But, it will be done in due time. I've already done all I'm going to do with this for today.  Not even half way through the stance yet.  I hope the stance is the hardest part.

EDIT:  I've just noticed the skin is not separate from the lining of her jacket.  Oh well.
Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:42:30 am by Burning_Typhoon
#5  August 29, 2013, 02:04:22 am
Just a head's up, Buckus' Ruby has some separation done already.  I believe the hair, boots, arms, and a few other things are done.  It's not extensive as yours, but it could help cut back on the work.  IIRC, he didn't include the color separated palette in the beta, so here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e456dop2lcti518/rubycs1.act