YesNoOk

Best Fighter Game (Read 4709 times)

Started by AxKeeper, May 05, 2010, 04:58:50 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which is the best and your absolute favorite fighter/genre game?

Street Fighter (all)
12 (24%)
Tekken (all)
3 (6%)
Capcom (all)
4 (8%)
SUPER SMASH BROS (all)
3 (6%)
Marvel/DC (all)
0 (0%)
Dragon Ball (all)
1 (2%)
Samurai Showdown (all)
0 (0%)
Naruto
0 (0%)
Primsl Rage
0 (0%)
SNK/RB/KoF/FF (all)
8 (16%)
Killer Instincts (all)
0 (0%)
Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur (all)
1 (2%)
Mortal Kombat (all)
2 (4%)
Virtua Fighter
0 (0%)
Bushido Blade (all)
2 (4%)
Arcana Heart (all)
0 (0%)
Art of Fighting (all)
0 (0%)
Melty Blood
0 (0%)
Asura series (all)
0 (0%)
Godzilla/King of Monsters/War of Monsters (all)
0 (0%)
Power Instinct (all)
1 (2%)
Blaze Blue (all)
0 (0%)
Bloody Roar (all)
0 (0%)
Brutal (all)
0 (0%)
Darkstalkers (all)
0 (0%)
Inuyasha
1 (2%)
Guilty Gear
1 (2%)
Dead or Alive
0 (0%)
WWE/WWF/WCW/NWO/XPW/Back Yard/Legends/TNA/Mexican/Japanese/Pro
0 (0%)
One Piece
1 (2%)
Red Earth
0 (0%)
Rumble Roses
0 (0%)
The Last blade
0 (0%)
Cyber Bots
0 (0%)
Bleach
3 (6%)
Star Wars Series (all)
0 (0%)
Boxing/Ready to Rumble/Punch Out (all)
0 (0%)
UFC/Martial arts (all)
0 (0%)
Slam Masters
0 (0%)
Power Rangers (all)
1 (2%)
Gundam (all)
0 (0%)
Other
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: May 05, 2011, 04:58:50 am

Re: trollface.jpg
#21  May 05, 2010, 09:12:47 am
Best fighting game poll... so what's Smash Bros. doing there?

C'mon dude, lets not beat a dead horse here.
As for me, lately its been Tekken. Before that it was Guilty Gear and before GG it was King of Fighters (Why do you have such random crap and not one as big as KoF anyway?)
Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:16:15 am by akanami
lol showdown
#22  May 05, 2010, 10:46:02 am
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Why is there a "SNK/RB/KoF/FF (all)" and a "Samurai Showdown (all)"?
My shitty mugen stuff:
Re: Best Fighter Game
#23  May 05, 2010, 10:56:34 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
..Along with Art of Fighting and The Last Blade.

this thread sucks.
#24  May 05, 2010, 10:59:47 am
  • Fuck You.
I think that RB stands for Rastu Bureido cause I hope he doesn't think that Fatal Fury and Real Bout are two different games :gonk:

I'm done. Seriously this thread is terrible.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#25  May 05, 2010, 11:32:37 am
i don't know why but i don't really like fighting games even though i'm good at it.

i'll go with blazblue the only fighting game my friends could ever beat me is a button masher game.
#26  May 05, 2010, 11:55:57 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
voted smash bros just to be an asshole.
#27  May 05, 2010, 12:16:41 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
I'm a man of peace, I don't fight
#28  May 05, 2010, 03:37:12 pm
I love part time secretary babysitters in hot glasses
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane

Ax

#29  May 05, 2010, 05:17:26 pm
    • USA
I'm sorry this thread was just to see what fanboy base dominated this forum as in the top favorite for gamers by a majority. I didn't want to get too specific because there are a ton of titles for a single series and there are a ton of series in fighting games to label on top of that.

The thread was rushed because my internet isn't permanent as I don't pay for it (my neighbor does)

But basically you get the idea, not a specific game but where it might be found i.e. Tekken 3 then really just mark Tekken and it pretty much boils down to the same thing but on some occasions some fans prefer older games over new ones and vice versa. Again it's all about your opinion, doesn't have to be right through some standard. Someone somewhere considers a really bad game to be the best, I may not agree but that's them and their vote.

I didn't try to make the "OMG best thread in the world" or any of that nonsense, just really trying to find out the dominant fanbase.

Some large group say KoF, others say SF, at a glance it's impossible to know what's close to accurate so this thread happened.

BTW I know about RB and FF, I was trying at first to broaden the idea for voters to make finding their choice easier and for some to understand a console series/arcade difference. I felt these games deserved a few apart with so many remakes under brand new names much in the way of KoF and SNK being practically the same (Not gonna name all games for your convenience) but to really get a general favorite of the same type and to somewhat catch any future releases with (all) in the sense of just being a fan of it. "Your favorite" :p
Seek Truth
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#30  May 05, 2010, 05:18:43 pm
  • "Passin out poison apples..."
tekken 3
screw eddy
gon's the shit

"actions have reactions dont be quick quick to judge,
 you may not know the hardships people dont speak of,
 it's best to step back and observe with couth,
 for we all must meet our moment of truth"
 Credit To Yzan

Ax

#31  May 05, 2010, 05:24:36 pm
    • USA
I forgot to mention that I wanted to apologize for giving some members here a heart attack over the subject, I'll try to be more clear next time around, sorry.
Seek Truth
#32  May 05, 2010, 09:08:10 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I understand the need for you to make a topic. But starting a topic without your own knowledge on the subject is really just asking for trouble. Try doing a bit of research, playing, watching videos of these games before you make a topic on it. Even if you weren't going for "OMG BEST THREAD EVER" you should at least put some effort into a topic like this that's more than "lol went to gamefaqs and just picked a bunch of fighting games"
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#33  May 05, 2010, 09:12:02 pm
    • USA
I went ahead and said Mortal Kombat. My siblings and I are big fans of the games, escpecially Mortal Kombat 2. Next would have to be Soul Calibur, then Street Fighter (Mainly the 3rd and SSF4.)

Ax

#34  May 05, 2010, 09:27:23 pm
    • USA
I understand the need for you to make a topic. But starting a topic without your own knowledge on the subject is really just asking for trouble. Try doing a bit of research, playing, watching videos of these games before you make a topic on it. Even if you weren't going for "OMG BEST THREAD EVER" you should at least put some effort into a topic like this that's more than "lol went to gamefaqs and just picked a bunch of fighting games"

The list seems big enough and I think I mentioned the most popular to get a fair reading. I am fairly sure I wasn't asking for trouble, I would think this thread is harmless as it just literally asks for your favorite color :P

My previous post was just to clarify that (not complaining), some people took this thread a few degrees too seriously even for a video game poll. Again sorry if I offended anyone, I wasn't looking for mugen drama :D

I went ahead and said Mortal Kombat. My siblings and I are big fans of the games, especially Mortal Kombat 2. Next would have to be Soul Calibur, then Street Fighter (Mainly the 3rd and SSF4.)

Really great choices, I couldn't decide and I still have not voted yet. I am struggling between Godzilla and Primal Rage, Killer Instincts and MK4, Bushido Blade and Soul Blade; Of which I have to decide again the best one out of all those for me is.
Seek Truth
#35  May 05, 2010, 09:31:51 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I don't think you understand the sub-culture to fighting games then if you think this is as harmless as asking for your favorite color. Just make informed posts, not ones to increase your post count or user-awareness.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Ax

#36  May 05, 2010, 11:22:18 pm
    • USA
I don't think you understand the sub-culture to fighting games then if you think this is as harmless as asking for your favorite color. Just make informed posts, not ones to increase your post count or user-awareness.

I didn't try to make the "OMG best thread in the world"

I think you missed this part, I don't care about increasing post counts or any of that nonsense, I think everyone is missing the point of the thread and misunderstood the intent.

You are probably right about the whole sub-culture thing but I assure you this was intended to be a "your favorite color thing", it really isn't a big deal. I apologize once again.

I am sure users would like to be aware of the fan base, there isn't anything wrong with that. I really thought SF would be dominant but SNK appears to be the fan favorite at MFG. Rejoice in this knowledge and other fan game favorites.
Seek Truth
#37  May 06, 2010, 07:29:49 pm
    • USA
Im surprised SNK is leading. I thought more people would vote Cacpcom/Street Fighter.
#38  May 09, 2010, 02:46:17 am
  • much love to r. kelly
I would just say that this poll is ridiculous but that has been reinstated multiple times before in this thread, so I'll just claim that I really don't have a favorite and I really hate topics like this...there is no "best" fighter, it's all subjective.
#39  May 12, 2010, 04:26:41 am
SvC Chaos and CvS pro FTW!!!!!