YesNoOk

"PotS style" Ryuji Yamazaki (Read 35000 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, August 05, 2019, 09:19:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: "PotS style" Ryuji Yamazaki
#41  August 18, 2019, 07:57:23 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I had way too much fun with this combo.

Man, Yamazaki is so much fun. Finally getting my hands on him was very much worth the wait and the time that went into making him the best he could be. Just a few things to point out from my playing with him, one kind of minor/nitpicky.

- I think this might just be a thing that happens with AI opponents since I couldn't replicate it manually, but I think it's still worth mentioning. This happened with Jmorphman's Chun-Li and your Raiden as well but on occasion, both opponents managed to either block the last slash of heavy Judgment Dagger even though they were being actively hit by the first two slashes, or they stopped blocking and ate the last slash instead. Edit: Can confirm this happens against other characters as well.
- There's no landing sound for the opponent at the end of EX Fight of Tempering after Yamazaki kicks them away.
- I still feel like Full Power Drill is a bit too slow. I get what you were going for, it's the same amount of hits as the original KOF versions. But since it still keeps the speed of the Capcom vs SNK version, it sort of lasts a bit too long I think.
    - On the topic of Drill, I think Yamazaki should still say something during Level 1 Drill. It feels weird having him be completely silent during it.
- Edit 2: Forgot to mention this earlier, but Double Return's projectile gives the projectile hit sound if it's blocked, rather than the proper blocked projectile sound.

I said it earlier, but it bears repeating: Yamazaki is so damn fun and very solid. Very nice work, Knux!

It's a really good palette, mate. <3

Thank you for saying so ^^ It's what his XIV design should be, tbh.
Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 10:49:48 am by Project.13
#42  August 20, 2019, 06:28:10 am
  • Was it something I said?
Sweet combo, man! I never thought of doing that myself. :O

-Darn! I thought I fixed that. I'll look into it myself.
- I'm still aware of it. I was thinking of making the first hit (if they get hit by it, not guarded of course) into a special state so it doesn't happen like that. Same thing happens with Lvl. 2 Drill.
-I'll adjust it a bit more down.
-No problem!
-I need to rework the projectile a bit, since I think I was being lazy with it, and I'll need to see to that reflect state I believe Vans did?

Many thanks, glad everyone's enjoying Yamazaki!

So, CharmaKarmeleon had offered me a deal in which the .sff and .air are updated! But a bit of testing will still be needed, so Here you go!

A few notes:
I'm aware that:
-Serpent Strike now does two hits instead of one. Not sure if I should change it for damage-wise, or just keep it at one.
-Some moves (mostly EX moves) aren't revamped yet. I'll handle it myself.
-There's a new config for the CvS2 version of Judgement Dagger and my own version (thank you again, Charma.) and I know that they don't cancel into Supers, but I'll fix it.

Also, I still need an A.I. because I forgot Yamazaki's specials (And Supers) at home. Whoops.

Edit: The video was not for offense or anything. I just thought it was hilarious, because it's true.
Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 06:35:21 am by Knuckles8864
#43  August 20, 2019, 07:05:30 am
    • USA
#44  August 20, 2019, 10:45:40 am
Sweet combo, man! I never thought of doing that myself. :O

-Darn! I thought I fixed that. I'll look into it myself.
- I'm still aware of it. I was thinking of making the first hit (if they get hit by it, not guarded of course) into a special state so it doesn't happen like that. Same thing happens with Lvl. 2 Drill.
-I'll adjust it a bit more down.
-No problem!
-I need to rework the projectile a bit, since I think I was being lazy with it, and I'll need to see to that reflect state I believe Vans did?

Many thanks, glad everyone's enjoying Yamazaki!

So, CharmaKarmeleon had offered me a deal in which the .sff and .air are updated! But a bit of testing will still be needed, so Here you go!

A few notes:
I'm aware that:
-Serpent Strike now does two hits instead of one. Not sure if I should change it for damage-wise, or just keep it at one.
-Some moves (mostly EX moves) aren't revamped yet. I'll handle it myself.
-There's a new config for the CvS2 version of Judgement Dagger and my own version (thank you again, Charma.) and I know that they don't cancel into Supers, but I'll fix it.

Also, I still need an A.I. because I forgot Yamazaki's specials (And Supers) at home. Whoops.

Edit: The video was not for offense or anything. I just thought it was hilarious, because it's true.

Great news ! gonna smash some arcade runs with this. If I find anything funny I'll let you know.
#45  August 20, 2019, 04:56:59 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Feedback on the linked Update:
- His Eviscerator is odd, shouldn't it be doing 2 hits and overhead?
- I think he should be launching P2 higher for his LVL1 Guillotine.
- There was one instance when I was using the LVL2 Guillotine where it wouldn't connect with Charma's Iori.
- EX Judgement Dagger does the same total damage as the HP version, for the custom variant at least.
   - Speaking of, might I suggest making the EX version be like the Stabs he does in his Level 2 Drill in the KOF Games
     (KOF 2002 UM I think). You've got the sprites don't ya?

Edit: Did one extra LVL 3 port becuase I could:
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 05:08:42 pm by RagingRowen
#46  August 20, 2019, 05:15:22 pm
Those changes above are from CharmaKameleon (except the third one, that one I haven't changed over yet).
I'll make the hits to some of my original ideas (with the options still there, of course.)

As for Judgement Dagger, yes I have the sprites for them. I'll add them in.

Edit: Thank you! Will add it in!
#47  August 20, 2019, 05:32:05 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Couple of things:
- Serpent Strike doing two hits is mb, he should hit once but I forgot to add !MoveContact to one of the hitdef triggers. Is doing two hits rn because in CvS2 the move has a shorter hitbox before the long one.
- Eviscerator does two hits in KoF and only one hit in CvS2. I changed the hitboxes to match CvS2 so it's up to you if you want to add the first hitbox to match KoF series. Regardgint the move being an overhead I don't recall it but I might have change the guardflag?
- Rogen might be right about Guillotine launching P2 higher in source, tho the move right now uses accurate velocities from CvS2 (only regular, NOT max).

Forgot to say that since I changed the states on Judgament Dagger to implement both the accurate and the custom version, I might have fucked up the cancel window flag :P sorry.

Ofc all of the changes I made are up to you! The ones I did are mainly to have accurate movement and hitboxes.
#48  August 20, 2019, 08:28:11 pm
Man, really looking forward to the  "final" if you will version of Yamazaki, even the version now is plenty fun, knowing he's still being polished up is awesome news !

Thanks !
#49  August 21, 2019, 05:20:27 am
I had way too much fun with this combo.
You don't think it looks odd that he basically slides into the stomps. The follow-up transition is kinda slow, doesn't flow at all.
The Max Guillotine ender is looking kinda weak, but maybe its just me.

-I tried to make EX Fight of Tempering more like KoF XIV. He moves more smoothly here:

but I could make it move faster.
-Again, I made it as best as I could, but I'm adding in the stomping finisher for it. Any suggestions for making it look better is appreciated.
#50  December 15, 2019, 05:19:35 pm
    • USA
Just a heads up, Yamazaki does not have AI, All he does for me is regular punches and kicks in watch mode, no specials or supers
#51  December 15, 2019, 05:28:57 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#52  December 16, 2019, 02:11:22 am
    • USA
Oh, sorry just wanted to help...
#53  December 17, 2019, 06:07:19 pm
  • Tesla
  • Buy a Tesla
    • UK
Ah, this is a treat. Nice to see some PotS for my boy Yamazaki. Much thanks and appreciation!
♪ This is Major Tom to Ground Control ♪