YesNoOk

C++ Mugen .def Wizard (Beta) (Read 7494 times)

Started by ☺FenixAzul☺, May 15, 2008, 03:56:48 am
Share this topic:
C++ Mugen .def Wizard (Beta)
#1  May 15, 2008, 03:56:48 am
  • People don't understand me =(
    • www.fenixmugen.mi-web.es
Well my friend Sk-Vergil and I have some interest in making some tools for mugen our final project will be a Stage Creator like Fighter Factory , but we are too noobs in programing languages I hope in a future understand well c# but for now im learning c++ , Note that this is my very first c++ application

Feedbacks and report Bugs are welcome
I will released the source code when I get and better version ;)

when u create the file when u open the program again the program overwrite the file soo copy paste the file when done to another directory  :S

Mirrors:
http://rapidshare.com/files/114980094/C___Mugen_.def_Wizard.zip
http://fenixmugen.diinoweb.com/files/C%2B%2B%20Mugen%20.def%20Wizard.zip

Pd : C++MDW don't have a Graphic User Interface yet  and is not for Beginners in Mugen,
this version only do the standard needs it don't include a BG base

Hope anyone use this :(
Re: C++ Mugen .def Wizard (Beta)
#2  May 15, 2008, 03:58:58 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Um, what is this?
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#3  May 15, 2008, 04:01:09 am
Um, what is this?

A wizard that create automatically the necessary lines for stages, only u have to enter the values and required names and u got ur file ready to been modify
#4  May 15, 2008, 04:03:12 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
if your final goal is really to program in C#, i would sugest to learn java instead of C++. or even already start C# itself.
but learning as many languages you can can be quite useful :P

and you should really work on a GUI. this program is actually more fit to beginners, IMHO.
#5  May 15, 2008, 10:49:32 am
  • Future SSBB/DSBX (Wii) hacker xD
    • www.freewebs.com/amorphis_x
Yeah, I wanna see an editor which edits MUGEN.exe plus the cfg and def. So that you can add modes and options. Maybe a MUGEN for four human players. Or a MUGEN with the option to unlock hidden chars and Stages. Or a MUGEN where chars can be edited with fighterfactory, in the game and if a character don't load the program don't shut down, it ask if you want to delete the character, delete the file, or edit the character, if you press edit the failures are marked in the Fighter Factory. And maybe a ingame-stage-editor and a skin selection should be cool. And ... a tournament mode, maybe involving MWC in the game too. If people have the clue how, ... then it should be wonderful xD
天 < 黄泉<> 四劫 > 空劫

zweifele nicht!
#6  May 15, 2008, 03:57:36 pm
the application is still in BETA, we are receiving feedbacks about the application showing error messages and right now we're working on it, the release is just for giving a basic idea of what the application is gonna do. Actually the application is a text-based application (that's why it doesn't has a GUI) and C++ is one of the best for making text-based applications. More feedbacks will be appreciate it, notice that we made this application in less than 2 days.... :P 

Upcoming updates:
     1. Menu displayer: it will display a simple menu, giving you the choice of creating a whole .def file by yourself, OR, making a .def file with           
         defaults values normally found in other stages (for beginners on creating stages).

2. Gives the user the choice of naming the .def file.

3. Last but not least... make the application to run on your PC's lol

By the way is a pleasure to be in Mugen Fighters Guild  ;D
#7  May 15, 2008, 03:58:08 pm
Yeah, I wanna see an editor which edits MUGEN.exe plus the cfg and def. So that you can add modes and options. Maybe a MUGEN for four human players. Or a MUGEN with the option to unlock hidden chars and Stages. Or a MUGEN where chars can be edited with fighterfactory, in the game and if a character don't load the program don't shut down, it ask if you want to delete the character, delete the file, or edit the character, if you press edit the failures are marked in the Fighter Factory. And maybe a ingame-stage-editor and a skin selection should be cool. And ... a tournament mode, maybe involving MWC in the game too. If people have the clue how, ... then it should be wonderful xD

Hey wait is not a configurator,is a stage .def wizard  o_O
#8  May 15, 2008, 04:02:24 pm
Yeah, I wanna see an editor which edits MUGEN.exe plus the cfg and def. So that you can add modes and options. Maybe a MUGEN for four human players. Or a MUGEN with the option to unlock hidden chars and Stages.
Too complicated to actually do, just consider it impossible.
Or a MUGEN where chars can be edited with fighterfactory, in the game and if a character don't load the program don't shut down, it ask if you want to delete the character, delete the file, or edit the character, if you press edit the failures are marked in the Fighter Factory.
Uh... FF allows you to do a quick launch of Mugen to test your char.
There are limits to Mugen, you know. This here is completely unrelated to what you ask.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9  May 15, 2008, 04:03:02 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
It makes stages? I didnt download it but if I am correct, it seems like you fill in some lines, then it creates the stage for you (the coding that is).
My shitty mugen stuff:
#10  May 15, 2008, 04:18:36 pm
It makes stages? I didnt download it but if I am correct, it seems like you fill in some lines, then it creates the stage for you (the coding that is).

yes just only the .def file (coding)

but however u have to modify to add a [BG]
#11  May 15, 2008, 04:20:29 pm

exactly ;D  it makes the text file where all the configuration of the stage is found, and a lot easier than using notepad. Think it this way, you'll save a lot of time  8)
#12  May 15, 2008, 06:45:54 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N Stage Creator
  • The FanFic Artist of M.U.G.E.N
    • https://dvmugen.theostlobby.net
This looks very promising. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
"Today, your inevitable teaching. tomorrow, your unavoidable Schooling - DarkValentine1984"

My Youtube Channel

DV's M.U.G.E.N Works

I have a Zero Tolerance attitude for stupidity, in serious situations.
#13  May 15, 2008, 10:55:45 pm
haha seems legit,

ill give it a try i always wanted to make my desktop a stage :P
 ShawShank Redemption said:
Fear Can hold you prisoner; Hope can set you free