YesNoOk

Inktrebuchet's Sprite work  (Read 297265 times)

Started by inktrebuchet, August 22, 2012, 08:52:57 pm
Re: Inktrebuchet's Sprite work
#281  February 15, 2018, 12:20:11 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
In my opinion, the exaggerated effect of the hair is pretty fitting to the SF3 sprite style. I don't think it would really look out of place next to the other characters.

Shit
#282  February 15, 2018, 05:15:21 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Thank guy's. I might tone down her hair movement a little, her original animation has it just from her hand motions so I will definitely be keeping some version of the hair movement.

I'm currently messing with some other ideas for her wings. I like this version but I'm a little sad it covers up part of her leg. It almost takes away from the animation...

*small update*
Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:54:11 pm by ink
#283  February 19, 2018, 04:26:01 pm
    • USA
Okay, last update on this animation before I make it into actual sprites. Let me know if you guys see anything weird or areas that need improvement. It's crazy to think this started out as just a warm up animation! lol

Seriously, who would love to see a full SF3 Morrigan!?
#284  February 19, 2018, 05:05:16 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
SF3 Demitri sounds cooler :innocent:

The animation looks nice.
This is a generic forum signature.
#285  February 20, 2018, 12:18:32 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
The fluidity looks really on point there. Nice job.

Shit
#286  February 20, 2018, 02:38:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Is it bad I'd just like to see a new Morrigan resprited in the vampire savior style? Basically just making her look better and have cs?!

Also I absolutely love the animation but would have preferred her not to move around like Lilith
#287  February 20, 2018, 03:01:15 pm
    • USA
Thanks guys!

JNP, I really dig the VS style too, it’s just not my strongest sprite work. Great news though, I plan on making Morrigan’s classic stance, this is just a part that will play after awhile!

Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:36:54 pm by ink
#288  February 27, 2018, 03:58:57 am
    • USA
It was a mega pain in the ass to shade this lady, I had to reference so many SF3 characters. Just need to color separate her and clean up some pixels. A quick study too.

#289  February 27, 2018, 05:49:07 am
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
It's a little odd that you mixed her movements with Lilith's, since Morrigan isn't really jumpy and energetic like she is, though I can imagine this was mostly for the sake of animation. In that case, its really nice and fluid.
do the thing
#290  February 27, 2018, 09:19:27 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Wow. Amazing work as always Ink!
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#291  February 27, 2018, 01:09:39 pm
The face needs some work, the farthest leg should use darker colours.
I edited the coloured version a bit.
#292  February 28, 2018, 02:02:31 am
    • USA
It's a little odd that you mixed her movements with Lilith's, since Morrigan isn't really jumpy and energetic like she is, though I can imagine this was mostly for the sake of animation. In that case, its really nice and fluid.
It was for the sake of animation. I plan on doing her regular stance too, this would still match her as an animation that plays after being idle for a while.

Thanks Alex, I agree with the shading comment. I have been going back and forth with the face but I'm really liking this one I think it fits the style and her artwork well.

Here's an update of her color separated. *I still need to clean this up and add small details.*
#293  February 28, 2018, 02:26:07 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
I'm honestly surprised of how fast you can do those animations with a wonderful quality

That's awesome to see :D
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#294  February 28, 2018, 05:27:42 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Her face looks a bit manly-ish, to be honest. Alex's edit is a definite improvement. All that's left is to un-square the jaw a bit as well. Aside from that, it looks amazing.
#295  February 28, 2018, 08:31:03 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Dude, your animations never cease to amaze me. Fluid, smooth and eye-gasmic :D!

I wish I could do things like that! T_T
I swear there was something cool here!!
#296  March 01, 2018, 10:02:15 pm
    • USA
Thanks guys!

This is probably where I'm going to leave this for a while. I know it needs some cleaning up still but I'm eager to jump back into SF3 M.Bison. I did end up changing up the face a little, let me know what you think.

Also I've been thinking! Who would be interested in contributing to a community made SF3 character??

Using Morrigan as an example, I thought it could work something like this.>>> If anyone makes a SF3 animation that matches these sprites I would reward you with a new Morrigan animation. We would of course vote on a character worth doing this with. I personally would prefer an actual SF character. Your thoughts please!

Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:28:01 pm by ink
#297  March 04, 2018, 12:33:45 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Face looks a million times better. Awesome job and awesome separation. I think all it's missing is the bat pattern in her leggings.
#298  March 04, 2018, 01:19:53 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
this is very very fantastic dude! great work there
#299  March 04, 2018, 03:22:27 am
    • USA
Thanks guys! I’m sure I’ll add the bats to her legs the next time I pick it back up; I’ll be doing her classic stands too.

Also I've been thinking! Who would be interested in contributing to a community made SF3 character??
Anyone?
Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:29:43 am by ink
#300  March 04, 2018, 03:43:43 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
I was going over the original sprite sheet for Morrigan and noticed that your new version has some thick muscular thighs and legs, which I was totally mesmerized by. I wonder how your updated Morrigan would look like in CPS2 (16 colors). Frankly, I'm quite interested in seeing what you have planned for your CPS3 rendition.