YesNoOk

Isn't it about time to invest into a new Fighting game maker? (Read 5011 times)

Started by MoonLITdude, February 14, 2018, 01:03:49 am
Share this topic:
Isn't it about time to invest into a new Fighting game maker?
#1  February 14, 2018, 01:03:49 am
  • yo
I've been into fighting games since i was a kid. I'm an artist and i actually dislike making webcomics and prefer to put my own characters into games.
So i've tried doing that with M.u.g.e.n but i disliked how some basic things had to be so complex. That is why i gave fm2k more credit for at least trying to do that, but it its simple like system though and can't be Mugen's flexibility . So its usually cut down to 2 issues, you can understand code a bit and handle the annoying things in mugen, or cant handle them and not good in code and decide to use Fm2k.
I obviously went for Fm2k , and i was good at it till my PC broke and i went on a hiatus and forget how to even use fm2k...come to think of it i could have been a good member and contributor to it too.
But before i go back to using it i wanted to see if anyone had tried to recreate this type of 2D fighting game software and no luck until now.

Do you think its about time we kickstart a project for this?

Re: Isn't it about time to invest into a new Fighting game maker?
#2  February 14, 2018, 01:46:24 am
there's no need for it, imo, when we already have mugen clone that aims for 100% compatibility with mugen resources and is open source. It's called Ikemen GO (as name suggests it's written in Go language). Rather than spend time on doing the same thing from scratch you can contribute directly to ikemen sources and add whatever features you need.

As for overly bloated CNS mugen coding you may be interested in this alternative that already exists in ikemen.
Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:04:46 am by K4thos
#3  February 14, 2018, 04:28:54 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I'm actually donating to Bastard Mami's Nekoconeko (Fighter's Generator).  :catgoi:

While it's still in development its the only fighting game engine I know of that combines both fighting and beat'em up genres. Hopefully it will evolve into something like the multiplayer Treasure games like the Yuyu Hakusho (Genesis), Bleach Dark Souls (DS) and Guardian Heroes.  :beatnik:

And I'm hoping that one day it can even be an MMORPG with fighting and beat'em up elements.  :book2:

So if you have suggestions post here.  :elf:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fighters-generator-previosuly-nekoconeko-new-fighting-game-engine-182241.0.html
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#4  February 14, 2018, 06:29:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Thanks for the mention. Right now I am working on the IDE as I think that's what more necesary so more people can use the engine.

and I did not know aobut that verison of ikemen, I guess that is the reason why the old project "died" last time I checked.