YesNoOk

PosFreeze (SCTRL) (Read 7314 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, October 31, 2015, 12:05:46 am
Share this topic:
PosFreeze (SCTRL)
#1  October 31, 2015, 12:05:46 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Temporarily freezes the player's position.

Required parameters:
none

Optional parameters:
value = freeze_flag (boolean)
If freeze_flag is non-zero, the player's position will be frozen, else it will not be. Defaults to 1.

Example:
Code:
;Fighter Factory 3
[State 0, PosFreeze]
type = PosFreeze
trigger1 =
value = 1
;ignorehitpause =
;persistent =

Related SCTRL:
PosAdd (SCTRL)
PosSet (SCTRL)

Related Triggers:
Pos (Triggers)
Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:15:14 am by Odb718
Re: PosFreeze (SCTRL)
#2  October 31, 2015, 01:20:16 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
IIRC this will not lock you in place if pushed. It only nulls the effect of motion applied earlier, for example jumping.

There is a problem using this WHILE jumping however. If you apply posfreeze you will stop, but gravity will not. So when posfreeze is released the accumulated velocity will apply and you drop insanely fast.

Not really the best sctrl in existence and posset is actually better if you can stand to waste the variables.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  October 20, 2016, 04:02:57 pm
Thanks for Doc of the day!

What practical use does PosFreeze have?
First I thought that it would be nice for certain aerial attacks which freezes the character in place,
but Cy said it doesn't.

And would it be better if you combine it with Gravity = 0? In case of aerial attacks
#4  October 20, 2016, 05:40:03 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Thanks for Doc of the day!

What practical use does PosFreeze have?
First I thought that it would be nice for certain aerial attacks which freezes the character in place,
but Cy said it doesn't.

And would it be better if you combine it with Gravity = 0? In case of aerial attacks

Use Physics=N for that, and code your own landing detection
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#5  October 21, 2016, 01:23:12 am
Thanks for reply.
Do you mean this?

Just to clarify, A physics will always cause the player to go to state 52 when they make contact with the ground. Considering most landing states of aerial specials typically have landing recovery times longer than that of the default landing state or a different animation, its better to use N physics in these cases and manually assign a changestate to a new landing state to give you greater control.