YesNoOk

SFF2 Palettes (Read 606 times)

Started by K4thos, February 17, 2018, 03:46:00 am
Share this topic:
SFF2 Palettes
#1  February 17, 2018, 03:46:00 am
edit: silly me, it looks like palettes have group and index numbers, so I just need to take into account all indexes present in group 1. Unless I'm wrong on this the problem is solved.

--------------

original message:
I'm currently working on implementing random palette system for ikemen that works exactly the same as in mugen 1.1 (respecting config AI.RandomColor and character's pal.defaults values).

For old chars that still use PalX entries in def file it's easy but I'm not sure how exactly mugen works when it comes to palettes stored in SFF file. I thought that simply reading amount of available palettes directly from sff file and limiting it to 12 would be enough but it doesn't seems to be the case for KFM included in mugen 1.1. KFM has 7 palettes in SFF. 6 of them are proper ones and the last one is larger but mostly black (in Fighter Factory KFM shows as completely black with these colors).

How exactly mugen knows to not use this particular palette? Even if I set [Palette Keymap] values to 7 mugen still skips it (defaults to 1 in such case). Is the last palette in the file always omitted? Maybe there is some hidden parameter in SFF that should be set for selectable palettes? Or maybe palette is no longer selectable if it has more colors than palette 1?
Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 03:57:29 am by K4thos