YesNoOk

New Age Retro Random Work Topic .\/. (Read 867 times)

Started by Rolento, June 16, 2011, 02:21:44 am
New Age Retro Random Work Topic .\/.
#1  June 16, 2011, 02:21:44 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Rather than drag the old topic up yet again, makes more sense to start up a new one based around random stuff I've been working on in the background.

<- Less than successful attempt to make a shortcut of the higher to lower res spriting process. Suffice to say, it didn't work and the proportions were too screwed from the getgo even for a test sprite. Hah. Also, the character comes from the recently shown Dragon's Crown if you are wondering.

<- Not accepting such lackluster results, decided to start touching it up on a 1:1 pixel level to something acceptable. Left is the initial outcome with right being the subsequent adjustments to make it not suck as much.

<- Gag color changing aside, this image was not random. Green color was the original one, with a yellow one being set up. Currently trying to find a blue equivalent, but this blasted quilted fabric is not easy to find.

<- Concept frame set up for KFM's DS:YOH project.  Not sure when, but at least this fellow has to be done at some point...
Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 02:31:06 am by Rolento
Re: New Age Retro Random Work Topic .\/.
#2  June 20, 2011, 02:02:59 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Dude, I'm liking the the ninja get up and the pirate dude. The finalized Witch chick looks good man, you fixed up things from conception to the finalized stage.
#3  June 21, 2011, 02:08:14 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Aforementioned pirate fellow is actually based somewhat off the film adaptation of Don Quixote at least in terms of his face. I have been tempted at more than one time to draw him fighting windmills. Hah.

http://irwt.smeenet.org/test.html <- Also, IRWT has a custom 404 page now which is doubling as a testing ground for a design for another site that I'm going to be working on.
New #4  June 21, 2011, 04:45:42 am
pirate guy looked like he had a jagged piece of metal for a jaw, but I zoomed in and he's not the same as before...
having been looking at it for as long as you worked on it can you see it

wouldn't that make an interesting addition to the design, seeing as what seemed to be a torn apart continuous edge teeth pattern that had a curvy base, seemed to somewhat fit perfectly with the curvy looks of the straps(the eyepatche's as well) and the hair strands
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:52:50 am by Gestalt