YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. Brawl [East Coast] (Read 1126 times)

Started by yelocakeffect, July 28, 2009, 03:31:58 am
Share this topic:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl [East Coast]
#1  July 28, 2009, 03:31:58 am
  • ^Fuck you Titiln. :D
    • myspace.com/streetpoet007
It goes like this.

I play SSBB, and I'm fckuing addicted to the game. I think it's the best fighting game ever made.

So here's the deal, I'm going to make a community with the purpose of finding the maximum number of possible opponents to fight for your friends list, with all damn near perfect internet connection. Things will probably be shaky in the beginning, and the community will probably die down once everyones friend list is about maxed out.

For this community to work effectively, there are a number of problems that need to be addressed.
  • Communication between players [real-time]
  • Addressing connection issue among players effectively
  • Moderating the skill of all players to best fit match-ups
  • Basic knowledge of players online times and averages
  • Categories for certain play types and match-type prefaces
  • Players who add friends and then abruptly remove them
  • A neutral ground for finding matches, setting up time windows, a limit to posted requests, and the ability to notify others when a match has been engaged.

updating...
Game Discussion
Lili (Emily Rochefort)| 20% Complete!
Ayane | 8% Complete!
Ryu Hayabusa | 75% Complete!
Hayate | 80% Complete!

Lowv... andu peace, Lowv... andu peace, Lowv... andu peace, Lowv... andu peace... --Vash the Stampede.
Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl [East Coast]
#2  July 29, 2009, 04:01:36 am
  • ^Fuck you Titiln. :D
    • myspace.com/streetpoet007
So the first order of business is to explain how I intend to fix all of the above issues, and WHY they need to be fixed.

Communication between players [real-time]

For some reason, Nintendo thought it cool to limit ‘Brawl with Anyone’ to lame two-minute brawl, with no possibility for 1 vs. 1 match-ups, stock, or anything that might actually be fun to play. Welcome to ‘Free for All Taunt Battles’! These are always awesomely enjoyable to watch for the entire 2 minutes; be sure to add the extra 30+ seconds or so as the match is usually decided by sudden death. Oh the joy! ^_^

Nintendo decided that the fun matches should be reserved for a broken trading of “friend codes” system, which not only slows the process for building a fun community, but also makes it tediously harsh in realization of how broken it is, when half of the friends you add can’t connect to your network.

Oh yeah, and did I maintain, Nintendo failed to add a chat room, or even some kind of ‘useful and interactive’ waiting room for player to communicate between matches? These complaints don’t even scratch the surface. Way to go Nintendo!

How do we solve this problem?

Easy. Every member interested in joining this community MUST have (or create) some form of instant messaging by text messaging via PDA, IM etc. Once a match is proposed, there should be a time limit window for when it expires. The person who posted the request SHOULD NOT post another request until the appropriate time has elapsed to avoid confusion, or standing up another community members.

When a player posts a match request (proposal), all of their information should be readily available for the other player(s) to contact you ASAP. The posted request should contain, time and date posted, time the proposal expires, the type of match issued, the amount of games to be played, the skill level desired, stipulations, contact information and so forth.

All discussions, changes in rules, etc. transpiring from initial issue of the match, the beginning of the actual match etc., should ALL be done by some form of IM. Direct discussion will eradicate miscommunication between players, and the need for a user (member) to double post, wait around for responses, or stand up possible interested parties. NO direct replies to the initial match issue should be necessary.

Updating…
Game Discussion
Lili (Emily Rochefort)| 20% Complete!
Ayane | 8% Complete!
Ryu Hayabusa | 75% Complete!
Hayate | 80% Complete!

Lowv... andu peace, Lowv... andu peace, Lowv... andu peace, Lowv... andu peace... --Vash the Stampede.