YesNoOk

Changing Non-Character sprite colors (Read 1179 times)

Started by 8i98oy, November 17, 2018, 09:56:47 pm
Share this topic:
Changing Non-Character sprite colors
#1  November 17, 2018, 09:56:47 pm
  • PANTERA: VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER
  • business as usual
    • New Zealand
For ex; im changing a sprite used in Troubleman, Part 2's win poses.
(where he remarks that he happens to be getting sleepy before turning to stone.)
I'm working on an edit that changes this winpose from turning to stone to ice, with some added sound effects for some comedic effect.
After some extracurricular state editing i changed the monochrome PalFX of TMP2 to a color which matched ice pretty well, but the problem comes when the anim where he falls down and shatters into pieces comes in, if i try to recolor the stone by increasing the hue and giving it a blue shade to represent ice through its pallete, then saving it as a different sff file to test it, the color comes out fine but there's a strange side effect, any time i try to choose another character pallete it always seems to be the default pallete of the character than the pallete assigned to the respective key, i really don't have a clue what this is about, but i'm sure that someone out there has dealt with this problem and knows a solution.
"I'm the only genius in the whole fucking business." - Director of the cinematic adaptation of Postal
Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 04:27:33 am by 8i9oy
Re: Changing Non-Character sprite colors
#2  November 18, 2018, 05:21:17 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
For starters, if the effect is in the same sprites as the player, you need to separate them so they can be spawn separately.

If you always want this effect to be the new coloring, just be sure it has its own palette, not one shared with the player.

If you want it to be one way or the other depending on a certain condition, you could spawn the effect as a Helper, then use PalFX controller.

#3  November 19, 2018, 04:26:18 am
  • PANTERA: VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER
  • business as usual
    • New Zealand
Well we can strike this shit, reverse it and close the case now, apparently what i FAILED TO NOTICE BELOW THE SAME WIN STATE IM EDITING was an anim state for the SAME SPRITE i was trying to edit, and the PalFX controller is the one that actually changes the color here.

Chalk one up for the facepalm police gentlemen.
https://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg

But if i somehow have your attention by chance, here's another predicament: So in another win state, i'd like for the music to cut out entirely, but at a certain time.
(For example, first two PlaySnd states go off, but on the THIRD state the music will cut out until the next round starts.)

I've fidgeted around with the AssertSpecial nomusic trigger, but i can't seem to get it to work right, any advice?
"I'm the only genius in the whole fucking business." - Director of the cinematic adaptation of Postal
Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 04:38:28 am by 8i9oy
#4  November 23, 2018, 11:12:46 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Well we can strike this shit, reverse it and close the case now, apparently what i FAILED TO NOTICE BELOW THE SAME WIN STATE IM EDITING was an anim state for the SAME SPRITE i was trying to edit, and the PalFX controller is the one that actually changes the color here.

Chalk one up for the facepalm police gentlemen.
https://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg

But if i somehow have your attention by chance, here's another predicament: So in another win state, i'd like for the music to cut out entirely, but at a certain time.
(For example, first two PlaySnd states go off, but on the THIRD state the music will cut out until the next round starts.)

I've fidgeted around with the AssertSpecial nomusic trigger, but i can't seem to get it to work right, any advice?

It’s only applied while the trigger is active... so you should have it trigger on something like
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = Time > 650 (or whatever time)
flag = NoMusic