YesNoOk

Cruz's Projects: ????? ??? [Divinewolf] (Read 256606 times)

Started by Cruz, December 02, 2015, 12:21:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Cruz's Projects: Shermie [Divinewolf] - Testing
#181  September 25, 2017, 03:31:19 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i tried shermie and her taunt doesn't have a voice

lui

#182  September 25, 2017, 04:40:05 pm
    • USA
its a test version so its bound to have some stuff missing
#183  September 26, 2017, 07:56:26 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Yes, she's a little fast on some of her normal attacks.
But I think it's kind of regular in most pots characters.
It's a real pleasure to see Shermie in pots style, finally in mugen!

Still, testing, I'll try to make a better feedback, I'm on a rush now.
#184  September 27, 2017, 01:45:50 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
This is my feedback:
stand mp have a very big range and is really fast (there is no solution for this one, but it makes this punch really cheated)

about command moves :
shermie stand fwd lk -> could be done with MK instead ?
busty suplex and fwd mp -> could be done with LP instead ?
for these 2, it's only my feeling about it.

I suggest a 2nd "kick hit" during Shermie whip (EX version)
Unless it makes the coding more complex.

is there a reason all the normal moves combo to shermie stand but not stand MP? just asking (is this because of mp big range?)

I suggest the possibility to combo "dual shermie kicks" to EX version of shermie clutch

perhaps a smaller "hop" for light version of aerial spin kick
medium version could be tweaked a little bit as well.
And EX version can have a slightly faster startup + a landing sound when she misses the dive knee.

I presume the attackbox in her shermie clutch attempt is a WIP one?? It seems a little bit large.
In fact, I have no idea of the exact size in games, but it still seems wide.
It still could be OK for the EX version of the move.

So, finally, any chance to see her custom special punch move from Ahuron's version?
#185  September 27, 2017, 03:59:45 pm
    • Canada

- Morrigan and Angel? No one has made these!

- Adjusted. It's overall nerfed.
- I moved Shermie Stand to MK for now. As for Busty Suplex, I will leave it on MP to reduce the chances of an approaching s.MP.
- I don't think it would make much sense though.
- That seems odd for a normal to cancel into another non-command normal outside of chain combos.
- Adjusted. The second kick is able to special cancel now when not command canceled. (Might also give it to the first kick too)
- Adjusted. It's faster and has a lower arc to hopefully be more applicable.
- Adjusted. Reduced it's horizontal reach a little for vertical reach.
- No, It looks better on Orochi Shermie. (Ahuron's Orochi Shermie uses that animation on DP + K)

Thanks everyone!
The link has been updated and has been moved to the first post. How does it feel now?
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:10:41 pm by Cruz
#186  September 27, 2017, 04:52:02 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Wow! you're fast.
I'm testing right now.

And about Orochi Shermies move, youre right.
It will be better on an Orochi version.

DW

#187  September 30, 2017, 12:08:08 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
-Her jumps/gravity... Feels heavy. Heavier than I would envision her. Falls really fast, and doesn't gain much height on jumps normal/long.

-Diamond Dust bindings are janky as hell.

-Why does her Axle Kick cause so much dmg? 119? I think the EX version causes less than the standard version.

-Her normals are a bit fast and will take some more work to get a good conversion to 6 buttons. I'd suggest making close s.HP close s.MP instead. Adjusting timings as needed. Her far s.MP looks odd being performed close. Though I feel her far s.HP looks fine if performed close. Also, instead of making her KoF ground blowback attack a command normal, I'd think it'd be better to make it her close s.HK. TBH, it really serves no purpose as a command normal. I did similar concepts with my Kula and Robert.

-Back to her Axel Kick: I feel as if you give higher versions(MK/HK) too much y value. This move doesn't give the impression she would spin jump over people. She should cover more distance X wise, though they y value shouldn't go so high she clears p2. I can easily clear Training(KFM build) with MK/HK versions of said special. Which kinda makes the move too risky to use.

-I like the way the EX version of the Axle Kick handles. Maybe make it pop p2 up so she can follow it up with an (EX)Shermie Clutch. If you feel this maybe too much of a buff, make it a corner exclusive thing.

-Is cr.MK suppose to move her forward? The anim doesn't imply it. If anything, cr.HK give this impression more than MK.

-Would be nice if EX Shermie Catch tracked p2. Refer to my Akuma's EX Demon Flip or Skullo's EX Face Slam.

-Why does Shermie Spiral causes different amounts of dmg, dependant on the button used? As all three version appear to be exactly the same.

-When she command cancels into F+HK, it knocks p2 back, but not down.(TBH, I hope you go with my above suggestion, and just get rid of that)

-When converting KoF chars, I think it's a good idea to think of how said char would handle in KoF14 some what. As such, I feel like if she were in that game, and had the Ariel Axle Kick special, the EX version would ground bounce p2 I would think. Without the knee smash auto followup. Gives her more combo ability.

-Does Shermie not have a legit stationary dodge...? What you have currently is really odd. She just stands there and brushes her hair back it looks like?

-j.MP doesn't look like it should cross up. Speaking of her jump normals... Haven't look through the SFF, though just off what I saw, maybe for the sake of variety; You could use j.MK neutral for j.MP for that j.MP/HP don't have the same anim. I mean, I suppose it's cool as is, but she doesn't really need j.MK neutral, since you used her ariel KoF blowback atk for j.HK. Which pretty much can be used for the same functionality as neutral j.MK.

-Females usually have less health than males.

-Use her NGBC port for her big pic. :P

That's about all I got currently. I haven't done any arcade run or actual vs gameplay with her yet. I'll get back with you once I have/I've found anything else.
Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 12:11:49 am by DW
#188  September 30, 2017, 04:55:10 am
    • Canada
- It's currently at normal gravity but I'll increase the jump heights as it went a little higher in her source games.
- I'll get to that soon as that was straight from Ahuron's version.
- The damage has been reduced.
- I'll move things around then so close s.HP will be close s.MP and Shermie Kick will be close s.HK. However the second kick of Dual Shermie Kicks will be the new Shermie Kick. (It can be special cancelled)
- The velocities of Axle Spin Kick have been changed to favor horizontal movement. (Really need to stop looking at NGBC Shermie since it does questionable things)
- You can thank Nedflandeurse for that suggestion! But being able to go into Shermie Clutch afterwards will result in too much damage.
- Yes, it does. And c.HK doesn't move. (2002 and NGBC)
- EX Shermie Catch now tracks.
- I'll make it behave like Clark's Super Argentine Backbreaker. (Just one variant)
- Felt like making it a mix-up starter when command canceled to make interesting situations.
- I was about to do that but felt like I keep using the ground bounce mechanic too much. Changed.
- That's what her dodge looks like in 98 and 2002.
- Changed. (It seems odd though that a kick is on a punch button)
- Lowered to 950.
- I don't have it! D:

I've updated the link with some of these changes and Shermie Carnival.
Thanks man!
Projects
Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:12:06 am by Cruz
#189  September 30, 2017, 06:18:43 am
is she going to have orochi mode?
#190  September 30, 2017, 08:02:22 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/

If you want to use what Dacon made for my project last year (I never actually used it myself...I really need to get around to trying these Pharaoh's Curses he did for her and Yun), here ya go. Don't know if you're going to give her any other custom states or not so...

DW

#191  September 30, 2017, 04:08:15 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#192  September 30, 2017, 04:44:23 pm
    • Canada
Projects
#193  October 01, 2017, 01:55:38 am
  • A.K.A. NED
I tried the update, I have to say it's great.
But I'm still not really sure about these elements :

-I would swap her close HK and Shermie Kick.
So She will use her actual knockdown attack from kof as a command move (FWD + HK)

-I don't think her new jump MP is ok as a kick move.
IMO her previous jump MP is ok as a crossup.
If I had more time right now, I would sprite some new move from scratch, so it will be an actual new jump punch.

-EX Aerial Spin Kick result is good now, yes, but it don't seems to give so much combo opportunity.
But perhaps I'm not good enough to combo after it. out of a light punch or similar.

-About portraits, IMO only Hiroaki make Shermie looking like her 2k2 version (hairstyle, costume and body proportions...)

...Again, these are only suggestions...
#194  October 01, 2017, 04:29:04 pm
    • Canada

- Was playing around with the special cancel feature but I will swap them since I think one of them looks better when faster.
- Going off DW's suggestion and also just using what I have available. I'd say just use j.MK as the main cross-up for now as it has good reach.
- I originally though that but it's more useful than what I had before. From what I have tried, after the ground bounce you can do:
  - Shermie Whip
  - Normal -> EX Shermie Whip
  - Shermie Kick -> EX Shermie Clutch
- If there are any other portrait arts, I will make them accessible in the Extra's folder.
Projects
Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 06:45:14 am by Cruz
#195  October 01, 2017, 06:06:18 pm
  • Namudabiabitsú
  • Misete aru char
    • Brazil
    • rodtri@gmail.com
The download is corrupted because it can not be unzipped.
Não crio nenhum char apenas os baixo e faço pequenas modificações para os mugen's que eu posso e o meu estilo favorito de char são o POTS ( Phantom of the server) e INFINITE.
#196  October 01, 2017, 07:51:09 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
i use 7-zip to unzip it works fine
I need more PSN friends
#197  October 02, 2017, 02:18:54 am
  • Namudabiabitsú
  • Misete aru char
    • Brazil
    • rodtri@gmail.com
The rar file is corrupted
Não crio nenhum char apenas os baixo e faço pequenas modificações para os mugen's que eu posso e o meu estilo favorito de char são o POTS ( Phantom of the server) e INFINITE.
#198  October 02, 2017, 02:32:19 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Just downloaded, just opened. You're going to have to start being specific about your error or I'm gonna assume you're spamming.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#199  October 02, 2017, 02:35:19 am
  • Namudabiabitsú
  • Misete aru char
    • Brazil
    • rodtri@gmail.com
I have been using WinRAR for many years and have never had problems until today and even doubting I followed your advice and downloaded the 7-zip and so I was able to extract the file that was impossible before. Thank you.
#200  October 02, 2017, 05:00:15 pm
yea i had the same problem opening the file. always gave error. but i had a friend open it and rezip it and send it to me and she open fine. don't know why its giving error for some of us