YesNoOk

Making a Mugen Fighting Jam Edit, in bit of a dilemma. (Read 2842 times)

Started by 8i98oy, August 09, 2018, 03:17:51 am
Share this topic:
Making a Mugen Fighting Jam Edit, in bit of a dilemma.
#1  August 09, 2018, 03:17:51 am
  • PANTERA: VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER
  • business as usual
    • New Zealand
So i went and added 6 new slots at the bottom of the roster, the right side works fine but the left seemingly just resists to have slots in its place.
I've fidgeted around with both rows and columns, character select and it seems i've seemingly tried about everything i could.

https://i.imgur.com/2SEmBBi.png
^in case you need extra context^
if anybody's a mugen veteran or screenpack creator, yall let me know
"I'm the only genius in the whole fucking business." - Director of the cinematic adaptation of Postal
Re: Making a Mugen Fighting Jam Edit, in bit of a dilemma.
#2  August 09, 2018, 05:07:34 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Go to system.def and change this line:

pos = 90, 90

Should be near the "rows" and "columns" line. Of course your values will be different, try playing with the first value, which is the X position, making it a lower number (for example, if it's 90, change it to 80 or 70, until you find the right position).
#3  August 09, 2018, 05:52:58 am
  • business as usual
    • New Zealand
Welp i learned something new today!

now just gotta fidget around and make sure is all good
"I'm the only genius in the whole fucking business." - Director of the cinematic adaptation of Postal
#4  August 09, 2018, 06:12:20 pm
  • business as usual
    • New Zealand
alright now its time for part 2 of the dillema, now that my screenpack is all nice and dandy, i edited the colors of the select screen with a new pallete, but every time i seem to have it transparent, it always goes back to a pitch black background.

https://imgur.com/gallery/6sXXZI3

any advice?
#5  August 10, 2018, 12:37:02 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Hmmm, I'd try to look in system.def again and see if there is a "mask = 1" line in this specific sprite group (if mask = 0, change it to 1). If this doesn't work, your palette probably have the wrong transparent color.
The transparent color is always in the first slot. There is a built in sprite editor and a palette editor in Fighter Factory that can easily change this. Try following this guide:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/use-fighter-factory-3-make-palette-fast-177794.0.html
#6  August 11, 2018, 08:20:24 pm
  • business as usual
    • New Zealand
No need for that, went into paint.net and undid some things so the background was still there, inverted it, and re-added the sprite, worked perfectly.