YesNoOk

Silent Storm (Permission Was Granted) (Read 141703 times)

Started by DMX, June 17, 2008, 08:22:39 pm

DMX

Silent Storm (Permission Was Granted)
#1  June 17, 2008, 08:22:39 pm
SILENT STROM
Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 12:47:36 am by #Shaun
By Silent Storm Edited by Fr33dom87 (Permission Was Granted)
#2  June 17, 2008, 08:39:16 pm
ask silent storm to come to guild
#3  June 17, 2008, 08:43:14 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Last time I checked, SS was infamous for his horrible grammar and typing skills.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#4  June 17, 2008, 09:12:34 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/

JYD

#5  June 17, 2008, 09:21:44 pm
  • ~*Laugh With Me*~
    • mugeninvasion.ucoz.com/
If Anyone Has AIM You Can Message Him

I Would But I Don't Have AIM

He Said It's Still    Silentstorminc
#6  June 17, 2008, 10:34:07 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
I think you might have your facts wrong there though buddy. Eli made Tetsu from the ground up, and his own takes on Storm beyond that (such as the leaked Dark Storm K). He planned to release a fixed Silent Storm, but because he could never contact Storm so sat on it, leading to Tetsu's genesis in the first place.
Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:49:59 pm by Kung_Fu_Man
#7  June 17, 2008, 10:38:16 pm
I wanna know where you got the private CHM that comes with XCB's Silent Storm, among other things.

What I mean by this, is, Seeing as you said this was built upon Eli's Version, which was edited from Silent Storm's, when Eli actually made his from the ground up.
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:56:03 pm by Robert The Small
#8  June 17, 2008, 11:01:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Looks like someone got his stories mixed up.Its far more polite to reference the origins of the work we are using properly instead of guessing.
#9  June 17, 2008, 11:10:56 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
If Anyone Has AIM You Can Message Him

I Would But I Don't Have AIM

He Said It's Still    Silentstorminc

ooh really?
how'd you talk to him then??
i didn't think "old" creators replied to fan messages=P
#10  June 17, 2008, 11:13:40 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan

JYD

#11  June 17, 2008, 11:22:05 pm
  • ~*Laugh With Me*~
    • mugeninvasion.ucoz.com/
#12  June 17, 2008, 11:44:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
ask silent storm to come to guild

Yeah please, I miss the guy.

Last time I checked, SS was infamous for his horrible grammar and typing skills.

Not really, that was.

SILENT STROM

Who was a parody by reu and bbh and uses to type in jeffK style. Silent Storm was famous for his overuse of the word lol to end everyother sentence lol. Just like d@rksun was known or ending every sentence with his trademakr smiley ^_^

And yep, the silent storm concept was originally silent storm's idea, it was eli who stole the concept, regardless of the quality of execution being much better in eli's side.
#13  June 18, 2008, 12:15:28 am
For the record I did give him permission to do this. And if Eli really wanted to try hard to contact me. It must of not been that hard I've had the same Aim for 10 years!
(Silentstorminc)
Saying that someone made SS from scratch I find funny. You can say they coded him or reripped his sprites and likeness. But no one but me made the copywrited original idea for him. And I did release Dark Storm before it wasnt leaked smh....I also released a newer capcom version of SS and also a version never seen. Because I lost interest years ago I gave freedom that version to remake. And I'm remaking hi in Hi Res with the help of others. Along with the rest of the original idea in my old time.

So stop giving people grief over releasing storm. I really don't mind what I do mind is giving other people so much credit for redoing my original idea. Give that a rest and enjoy characters life is too short for arguing about fighting game creations.

And for the record I was not famous for any parody. What makes him famous these days is he was the first black superhero people remember. Who wasnt a college drop out or drug dealer trying to reform. Like most black people are betrayed in games. I made it although not that well back then as more of a inspiration. And it did just that because even to this day I still get random people a day saying whats up and thx. I have been watching over the years the rumors and people making their own accounts of what SS is. But ignore all of that the above is the reason he was made. And I promise you the new one is nothing like the old one and will take what I wanted to do a step further.

As far as this creation I like it vintage smooth and refreshing enjoy it and stop gossip girling the release.
Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:25:22 am by SilentStorm
#14  June 18, 2008, 12:21:33 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Welcome! As might not be of your notice yet, the guild suffered some major changes and permissions and whatever are no longer essential.People are just asked to be polite where its due .
Give a gander to the rules and etc topics to find more about the changes. You might enjoy them.
#15  June 18, 2008, 12:26:39 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
Do we (as in mugen guild) cares about permission anyway? Just let the guy release his stuff and move on with your lives... god.... :S
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#16  June 18, 2008, 12:34:42 am
I dont mind and thx for the welcome.
#17  June 18, 2008, 12:44:07 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
#18  June 18, 2008, 12:44:51 am
Saying that someone made SS from scratch I find funny. You can say they coded him or reripped his sprites and likeness. But no one but me made the copywrited original idea for him.
Yes, however that brings the whole "Does Copywrite holder own X character or does fanartist?"

Not to mention I don't think you can copywrite Kakuge Yaro's sprites without permission from the company.
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#19  June 18, 2008, 12:48:24 am
  • :)
    • www.freewebs.com/mvcsnk/
Hey! I want to ask, there WAS a previous Silent Storm. It was Tetsu patched made to look like Silent Storm, and he had Kusanagi's (from KOF) voice. But he was done a LONG time ago, he didn't have all the moves the current Tetsu does. Do you think you can repatch that SS one?
#20  June 18, 2008, 12:59:39 am
I wanna know where you got the private CHM that comes with XCB's Silent Storm, among other things.

What I mean by this, is, Seeing as you said this was built upon Eli's Version, which was edited from Silent Storm's, when Eli actually made his from the ground up.

The reason this character has Eli's CHM is because it's basically Darkstorm K.  The code is all Eli's as far as I could tell, there might be a few edits in there.  The sound is probably eli's too, as only Eli's original Silent storm said "Hyper Cyclone Kick."  There are still a few things different from Eli's private version, but it is the closest remake so far. (after all, Darkstorm K was simply an edited StormEX.)