YesNoOk

Yugioh: Legacy of the Duelist - Deck Recipes/Recreations (Read 11289 times)

Started by DW, April 02, 2017, 02:31:38 am
Share this topic:

DW

Yugioh: Legacy of the Duelist - Deck Recipes/Recreations
#1  April 02, 2017, 02:31:38 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Recently I've been playing this game a lot lately. For the past several months. Then I was hit with the idea to recreate some of the iconic chars' decks, throughout the various series. Nothing amazing or anything, as I'm sure many have had the same idea/have done the same thing. Still, my main reason for this thread is to learn what packs have what, what others' interpretation of a specific duelist deck may be, etc. Along with sharing some custom made decks. I want to start with Yami Yugi/Atem. I made a deck that's a hybrid of his Battle City/Orichalcos/a bit of Duelist Kingdom sagas. For some added versatility, though mainly due to me not having all the cards needed for a "pure" saga themed deck. The main emphasis is on Orichalcos saga though. I don't really like the recipes the game provide, because although from an actual gaming standpoint they're good, Yugi obviously never had 3x D.Magician/3x D.Magician waifu /etc. I wanted to see how well their actual decks would hold up in real matches. Before I get too carried away though, let me just list it:

Yami Yugi/Atem "True" Deck Recipe

Main Deck Count: 40(always, I NEVER go over this)
Side Deck Count: 15
Extra Deck Size: 6

Spoiler: Card List (click to see content)

It's mainly comprised of the duels he had against Weevil and Rafael(both). Though as I said, I don't have all the cards, they don't actually exist(like Spider's Web), or I just made some personal adjustments. I'm thinking about replacing Magical Formula with Horn of the Unicorn. IDK though, because it's VERY likely to get stuck drawing that, when you need to draw from your deck. Yami seemed to stop using Summoned Skull after Battle City. It's a shame, cause he'll always be a kakkoi  1 monster tribute. Guess he just started using Archfiend of Gilfer instead. I feel like the Timaeus boku no Turompuu is better than Slifer, that's why I went with the Orichalcos saga. There are a few cards that I'm not sure are on the game(or even real), but I would like to add/replace into the recipe:

Kuribabylon
The other four Kuribohs(forget their names)
Twinkle Five Star
Magical Pigeon
Underworld Circle
Brave Attack

I'll have to do some research to confirm. Though if anyone already knows, I'd appreciate any information you can share. I'm currently working on Kaiba's and Joey's. Although I don't have their legendary dragon cards yet. I do have Obelisk though, so I may just go the Battle City route for Kaiba, until I get the other legendary dragon cards. IDK what pack they come in though. Don't even remember where I got the Timaeus card. They're probably in the same pack, but I can't remember. I was actually able to win a good amount of Duelist Challenges duels with the above recipe. Though for those who know about YGO, this deck will get overpowered quick from Synchro/XYZ/Pendulum summoning. Feel free to share any suggestions or recipes you may have. I'll post more as I do more research/collect more cards.
Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 02:34:48 am by DW
Re: Yugioh: Legacy of the Duelist - Deck Recipes/Recreations
#2  April 04, 2017, 12:11:07 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
You don't really need to restrict yourself to 40 cards only. There's no problem having one or two more cards if your deck truly needs it.

And yeah, this deck has no chance to win in the current meta. Without being able to do fast summons, you have no chance against any current meta decks honestly. Doesn't even have Synchro nor Pendulum possibilities, and barely has potential with XYZ Summon. Fusion Summon possibilities are quite lackluster too due to being slow too. Can't really give more advice than that honestly, you won't win a lot with this deck.

I would suggest you base this deck around Dark Magician, specially using the Secret Village of the Spellcasters field spell card, which has lots of possibilities with Dark Magician decks.
#3  April 04, 2017, 01:34:31 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
My favorite modern deck is Red-Eyes, and with few exceptions I like to try and keep things on theme. So far I've only come across a couple horror opening hands but usually I'll get something useful. It probably wouldn't work well against an actual human bean :P

I used a savegame for this, I'm not too fond of grinding in YGO games. Also my decks don't have sides because I'm guessing 3 round duels are multiplayer only.

Spoiler: Red-Eyes Revival Dragon (click to see content)
#4  April 05, 2017, 10:00:47 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Tl;dr your deck is not good honestly. You see, focusing a deck on Red Eyes doesn't mean there's supposed to have only Red Eyes in your deck. Red Eyes will be your main force, sure, but not your only force. Seek other cards to support them, monsters, spells, traps and extra deck. Keep in mind also that Red-Eyes is a level 7 normal monster, and normal monsters also have benefits that effect monsters can't have.
#5  April 05, 2017, 01:55:57 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
I know how to build a proper deck, but I honestly don't care about that when I'm playing this game. I don't play multiplayer and I can't be assed with YGOPro. I like building theme decks and other stupid shit. Please don't take this the wrong way, I appreciate the input and advice but I'm just gonna be sharing stuff, I won't ask for R/Fs unless I need them.

Spoiler: I'm only doing this for fun after all. (click to see content)
Also Red-Eyes Spirit summons like 75% of my monsters :P
Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:04:10 pm by President Devon
#6  April 05, 2017, 07:08:55 pm
  • For honor!
Are skull servants still any good. If there was one thing that almost brought me back to Yu-Gi-Oh its that they added ridiculous support to a trash common just for laughs. Now if only that deck could have Painful Choice...
Iroha stripped for me
#7  April 05, 2017, 07:14:21 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I've been following updates and haven't seen much from Skull Servant decks, but I'm not 100% sure of that, with so many cards released so often. Maybe after the new update they will make to the whole Yu-Gi-Oh gameplay, it will allow some decks to have the opportunity to get more support.
Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:17:34 pm by Nanashi_1337
#8  April 24, 2017, 07:52:00 am
back in 2010 I got pretty far with skull servants and soulabsorbing bonetowers.
mostly because it was annoying as hell though.
the king of skull servants could get a max of 8000 atk, combined with opticamouflage armor is just ohko :mlol:

what is the king's max atk nowadays? 15000 or something?
But I believe current meta is way easier to counter such strategies and just trash it.
I mean there are tons of cards that negate direct attacks, archetypes that summons the rest of it's gang and much more.

But this isn't really on topic, right?

personally I thought the legendary decks released previously did quite a good job reinterpretting the decks of Yugi, Kaiba and Joey.
At least it used some of their iconic cards, although mostly retrained versions.

Their decks are fine for playing for fun, competetive, not so much.