YesNoOk

Rurouni Kenshin: Soul And Sword Full Game WIP (Read 902788 times)

Started by Aoshi24, June 30, 2012, 11:45:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Okita Souji and Sagara Sanosuke REVIVED
#21  February 19, 2013, 09:46:09 pm
Just going abit off topic ,u can add another lvl3 hyper to Battousai which involves him using his wakizashi,which can be used as a counter to lvl2 or lvl3 enemy supers and hypers only during low health same as Aoshi's Kaiten kenbu rokuren.It can be performed automatically if u counter ur opponents super or hyper at hand to hand range.Also u can upgrade battousais super and hyper potraits.Keep up the good work friend.
#22  March 06, 2013, 05:07:07 am
    • soulandsword.ruroken.com
Thanks! I'll consider that move idea for Battousai. In the meantime, Okita has that same move concept but instead it's a level 2 hyper.

At the moment, I finished the sprites for Okita's basic movements such as walk, run, jump, crouching, defend.  Next up are the attack sprites.  For an idea of how he will play, check out this gameplay video.  Thanks for the support!

#23  March 06, 2013, 10:23:12 am
Okita looks a pretty solid and a polished char now though alot has to be done.Keep up the good work friend.
#24  March 11, 2013, 12:01:56 am
So I have some fantastic news.  My partner DanMT is back and it looks like Sanosuke will get done sooner than expected!  He finished all basic attack sprites and basic movements/get hits sprites.  I guess my next update will show a video preview.. For now, here are some samples.. Enjoy!

Posted: March 19, 2013, 03:43:25 pm
Not sure if there's anyone tracking this project but I wanted to get some input on what his zanbato stance should look like before I show another video showcase.  Here are some stances that I frankensprited from all of the available sprites that I have.  Please let me know which one you think is the best to use. Thanks!

#25  April 05, 2013, 06:08:09 am

Here is a preview video of Sagara Sanosuke beta.  Required Sanosuke sprites are done for the most part and sounds have been successfully ripped from the PS2 and PSP games.  Progress has definitely been smooth and he might actually be finished before Okita. We'll see how it goes.

Here is the proposed movelist..

Special Attacks
Kiwami Hazushi           
Headbutt               
air headbutt           
Shoulder tackle       
Machine Gun punch   
Futae No Kiwami   
Leaping Futae No Kiwame
Rising Tackle      
Elbow drop          
Activate Zanza mode   (near Zanbatou)
Downward swing   (in Zanza mode)
Horizontal swing   (in Zanza mode)
Zanbatou Thrust      (in Zanza mode)

Desperation Attacks
*Machine Gun Punch EX   
**Kiwami Hazushi Counter
**Zanbatou Smash          (only in Zanza mode)
***Sanjou No Kiwami      (when any Futae No Kiwami special connects)
#26  April 05, 2013, 06:27:45 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Sanosuke looks great! Good to see a Rurouni kenshin char that's worth it.
Waiting for the release

#27  April 05, 2013, 12:23:00 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Definitely some nice progress here. :)

For the movelist, can you give us the commands you're planning for the moves, and the type of attributes or damage, if you have time ? :)
I didn't see you perform any Futae no Kiwami, maybe I missed it ?

Zanza mode is nice, but the attacks lack impact. Use louder hitsounds (there are chars out there with huge swords I guess, from which you could take hitsounds) and add envshake. Seeing how the attacks are slow, maybe up the damage too.
Finally, looks like the move can miss at close range in this mode. Intended ?
#28  April 05, 2013, 10:48:18 pm
Thanks man!  Those are some great feedback..

I did the futae no k. a couple of times in the video.  It looks like KOF Shen Woo's Gekiken.  I'll definitely add some more impact/damage for Zanza mode.  As for the attacks missing in close range, this was intended for balance purposes.  This may change depending on whether I want to keep the super armor for zanza mode. 

Here are the commands/attributes off the top of my head:

Specials:
Kiwami Hazushi:                       a+x  ; a counter move
Headbutt:                                b+y (close); a grab               
air headbutt                            b+y (close in air); aerial grab
Shoulder tackle                        c+z; a knockdown attack inflicts 60 damage
Machine Gun punch                 punch repeatedly; total of 8 hits and 20 for each connected hit
Futae No Kiwami                     D,DF,F x/y/z; it is chargeable;  55 if uncharged, 75 if charged;  it is unblockable but if it connects it will cost Sano 30 health
Leaping Futae No Kiwame        D,DF,F a/b/c;  it is chargeable; resembles Terry's power dunk; 55 uncharged, 75 charged; unblockable and cost 30 health
Rising Tackle                           F,D, DF x/y/z; anti-air; 60 damage (maybe)
Elbow drop                             D,DF,F x/y/z (in air);  like a dive kick; 55 damage (maybe)
Activate Zanza mode                D,DB,B x/y/z (near Zanbatou); grants limited super armor but lower defense; increased damage
Downward swing                      x/y/z (in Zanza mode);  as seen in the video; will miss in close range
Horizontal swing                      a/b/c (in Zanza mode);  opponents can jump over it; will miss in close range
Zanbatou Thrust                      c+z (in Zanza mode);  a knockdown attack; very slow start-up but it can connect in close range

Desperation Attacks
*Machine Gun Punch EX            D,DF,F x+y;  Level 1; similar to machine gun punch but more hits and forward velocity
**Kiwami Hazushi Counter         D,DB,B x+y; Level 2: he goes into a pose and if opponent attacks he will counter with a big punch; 300 damage (maybe)
**Zanbatou Smash                    D,DF,F x+y (only in Zanza mode); Level 2; spins his sword to pull opp into his attack zone, then strikes if successful; 400 damage
***Sanjou No Kiwami                Level 3 with 20% health; 600 damage and unblockable; if it connects, it will leave Sano's health to 1 pt
#29  April 07, 2013, 04:24:36 am
"Futae no Kiwami AHHH!" cool stuff, RK fan here.
闇に消える
#30  April 07, 2013, 06:24:42 am
  • Young Coder
    • USA
love the moveset
mugen or nothin

#31  June 15, 2013, 06:27:21 pm
Wonderful project! I can not wait release!
#32  June 17, 2013, 12:24:30 am
Thanks again for all the support!  Here is the latest preview for Sanosuke on Mugen 1.1.

Notes: 
* Sano has 2 versions of Futae No Kiw. to keep the opponent guessing. Straight or leaping.  It is chargeable as well for more damage
* Futae is unblockable but it has low priority... when it connects Sano will take some damage as well
* In zanza mode, he has limited super armor (only flinch after 2nd consecutive hit) and it can be cancelled when thrown...
* Zanza mode also requires 1 power level to activate (I might change it to level 2 for more balance.. I don't know yet)

What I'm working on:
* Looking for better hit/guard sounds for zanbatou... any suggestions??
* grab, Hypers and victory movie
#33  June 17, 2013, 12:25:11 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
curious did you ever plan to update Saito? he seems lacking compared to the others.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#34  June 17, 2013, 12:34:34 am
I still plan to update Saito's sprites after Sano and Okita.  Other than that, I don't really have anything else planned for him.. The problem is Saito had a limited moveset in the games and anime/manga.  Did you have something in mind?

I am considering remaking Shinsengumi Saito though....
#35  June 17, 2013, 12:37:14 am
  • I see you.
I do actually why not give him the move he did on the blind swordsman? was wondering why that wasn't in there.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#36  June 17, 2013, 12:40:49 am
Gatotsu Zeroshiki? the latest version of Saito definitely has that..  It can only be done at level 3 with low health though.
#37  June 17, 2013, 12:53:29 am
  • I see you.
low health is probably why I never noticed it.

#38  July 02, 2013, 05:56:07 am
Hey fellow Rurouni Kenshin Mugen fans. As you all know, my RK mugen characters have special victory scenes when finishing your opponent with a hyper. Here I was able to rip some nice scenes from the PS1 RPG game "Rurouni Kenshin: Juuyuushi Inbou Hen" and I was wondering if you can help me decide which is the best to use. OR if you know of any scenes with Sano that can work, let me know as well.

Hopefully if all goes well, I can release Sano by the end of summer/start of fall. Thanks!
#39  July 02, 2013, 11:26:59 am
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
Voted for the second option.

Nice project ;)
#40  July 02, 2013, 11:31:53 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
2nd one and the 3rd one look awesome