YesNoOk

Rurouni Kenshin: Soul And Sword Full Game WIP (Read 902736 times)

Started by Aoshi24, June 30, 2012, 11:45:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rurouni Kenshin: Soul And Sword Full Game WIP
#61  February 15, 2014, 06:38:57 pm
    • soulandsword.ruroken.com
Wow that looks amazing! Would you happen to know how I can contact him? Thanks.
#62  February 15, 2014, 07:32:39 pm
Ill see if I can or at least get the sprites he used for a basis for this sprite

Posted: February 15, 2014, 10:03:51 pm
Also I noticed that you wrote you were planning on having 18 characters have you thaught about The sword hunter Cho which could be easily editing from Yoshitora from samurai Showdown here is a mediocre edit i mad from him *I am not a spriter.....AT ALL lol*

#63  February 16, 2014, 03:32:42 am
I totally forgot about that character from SamSho.  That Cho edit is a good start, but his hair still needs to be edited and he needs to be skinnier since SamSho proportions are different from Last Blade.  It's definitely a good base to use. Would you consider doing more and I can fix it up? lol
#64  February 16, 2014, 07:07:47 am
lol as i said im not a spriter so ill see what I can do to make the base more correct i cant make any promises itll be good though lol
#65  February 16, 2014, 08:57:47 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
infinite level supers sounds like a horrible mechanic imo unless its like a timed thing like cvs did. Also I would love for the hillbilly swordsman to make it to mugen rofl same with kenshins master.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#66  February 16, 2014, 10:22:01 pm
The infinite supers only apply for Level 1's.  If you use a level 2 or 3 super, the kenki will reset to 0 and you would have to refill it.  I've been doing some test matches to see how it is and I've noticed it hasn't broken the game so far.  With that said, I may downgrade it by only applying the infinite level 1's when you are at max kenki and low health... I dunno. Let me know what you think.

I liked Cho in the series so I think I found my next character after Misao. lol
#67  February 17, 2014, 05:14:58 am
Oh yeh and wats the base for Misao is it Akari Ichijou from last blade?
#68  February 17, 2014, 05:41:15 am
#69  February 17, 2014, 11:34:06 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
let me explain in CVS there was a groove that allowed once filled to have infinite supers for a short period of time I am suggesting this "kenki gauge" to slowly deplete once full hows that sound?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#70  February 17, 2014, 02:49:25 pm
#71  February 20, 2014, 02:55:40 am
No rush cj2fly07. Thanks.

Laharl, I decided to ditch the infinite supers idea. Certain characters had a huge advantage by spamming level 1 supers even if there was a time limit. Instead of infinite supers, players will be able to slowly regenerate power and health when kenki gauge is max. Kenki resets to 0 when any level of supers or a combo breaker move is used. 
#72  February 21, 2014, 02:29:32 am
    • USA
    • arclight427@gmail.com
Maybe Haomaru from Samurai Shodown can be used for hiko.  I would also like to work on udo jinei.  I have no clue how to sprite but read some tutorials. Also, i downloaded Gimp for sprite editing. Do you have any suggestions?

I don't have internet at home so I may not respond very often.

Thank for responding so quickly. I'm glad that I can work with you.
#73  February 21, 2014, 04:27:08 pm
Maybe Haomaru from Samurai Shodown can be used for hiko.  I would also like to work on udo jinei.  I have no clue how to sprite but read some tutorials. Also, i downloaded Gimp for sprite editing. Do you have any suggestions?

I don't have internet at home so I may not respond very often.

Thank for responding so quickly. I'm glad that I can work with you.

Yes i was thinking the same thing the cvs version sprites have similar upper bodies and could be a simple palette edit with a few modifications for the top half then .....the legs would be a whole nother story.

Posted: February 21, 2014, 06:07:44 pm
A palette like this but change the handle of the sword of course the hair style and the legs completely

#74  February 26, 2014, 07:18:48 am

To show how he could definitly be hiko just gotta edit the pants .....................for you and warner this should be a simple edit
#75  February 26, 2014, 07:31:53 pm
DJ427, I suggest that you start off with a base especially if you don't have any experience. The closer the base looks like Jinei the better. There is a character from Samurai Deeper Kyo PS1 game that has a similar outfit as Jinei's but I forget his name.

Personally, I don't think Haohmaru looks anything like Hiko at all. As I said before, SamSho characters are bulkier in comparison to Kenshin characters. Doing Samsho edits would require a lot of scaling. I much prefer the EXblade sprite tbh. Sorry.
#76  February 27, 2014, 06:59:11 am
Yeh i prefer Exblades aswell i just cant seem to get in contact with him is all

Posted: February 28, 2014, 10:34:12 am

also I know its not better then EXBlade but just in case we cant contact him and someone isn't able to make a sheet from the base, here is an option wit Haomaru's top, kaede from last blade 2's bottom and moriya's cape from last blade as for muscle proportion Hiko is more muscular then the average character so it works in my opinion... but then again you know best. best of luck can wait to play the beta version of your game in MAY!!!
Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:26:28 pm by cj2fly07
#77  February 28, 2014, 08:20:08 pm
That looks good actually.  His face needs to be skinnier but that's a good start.  I might consider using Haohmaru after all.  But for now, my main focus is Misao and Shishio.

I'm actually planning to release the beta game in August.. same time as the Rurouni Kenshin Live Action movie sequel premiere.  Stay tuned for that!

In the meantime, here is an updated look at the Lifebars.. thanks to EXELord from IMT for this one.  It's a fusion of Last Blade and Rurouni Kenshin Enjou Kyoto Rinne from PS2. Let me know what you all think and Thanks!

#78  March 01, 2014, 09:04:13 pm
nice!!! cant wait til august lol
#79  March 04, 2014, 06:36:45 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Can't wait August comes! :D
#80  March 06, 2014, 06:00:44 pm
I can't wait for August too! In the meantime, here is a new video showing the new lifebar and the combo breaker. Thanks to EXELord from Infinity Mugen Team for the lifebar. Enjoy!