YesNoOk

Udo Ji-nei Progress (Read 106115 times)

Started by Aoshi24, June 13, 2014, 11:07:32 pm
Share this topic:
Udo Ji-nei Progress
#1  June 13, 2014, 11:07:32 pm
    • soulandsword.ruroken.com
Great news to all Jinei fans!  A fan by the name of Karasu Arejandro wanted to contribute to the project and so now I found a great spriter for Jinei.  Here is a the latest preview video.

Re: Udo Ji-nei Progress
#2  August 15, 2014, 05:41:13 am
Here are some updated sprites by Karasu and a tentative movelist.

=======================================================================
Special Attacks
=======================================================================

Back pass attack                    a+x (counter attack)
Slashing grab                        b+y (close)
Katate Hirazuki                      c+z
Shin No Ippo (attack kenki)     QCF x/y  (if connected, it deals no damage but lowers opponent's kenki)
Shin No Ippo (stun)               QCF z     (if connected, it freezes the opponent when Jinei's kenki is higher)
Kagewaza·Koroshigatana       QCB x/y/z  (bounce off wall into lunge attack)
Nikaido Heibo Form One       QCF a/b/c (charging attack)
Nikaido Heibo 1->8               QCF a/b/c after connecting Form One
Nikaido Heibo 8->10             QCF a/b/c after connecting Form 1->8
Nikaido Heibo Form Eight      F, D,DF x/y/z (uppercut)
Nikaido Heibo Form Ten        QCF x/y/z (on the air; diving attack)

======================================================================
Desperation Attacks

*Kagewaza·Magatana               QCF a+b (multi-hit attack)
**Shin No Ippo Strangle            QCF x+y  (slowly damages as long as Jinei has equal or higher kenki than the opponent)
***Hyoki No Jutsu                      QCB x+y+z (grants infinite Kenki, faster speed, no guard stun, and no damage dampener)
*    need Power Level 1 or more
**   need Power Level 2 or more
***  20% life and Power Level 3 or more
#3  August 15, 2014, 03:33:07 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
that last desperation attack sounds incredibly cheap 0_0. I know you need low life and full power but still... I do however like the ability to lower the enemies kenki gauge that shit is cool. You did say all the chars besides shinsengumi saito would be released solo at some point so will his specials drain just super meter then?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#4  August 15, 2014, 09:17:45 pm
I can nerf the Hyoki No Jutsu by also adding a max kenki requirement. This can make the move situational requiring max power & kenki and low health.  Glad you like the kenki attacks, it definitely makes Jinei stand out from the other RK chars.  Against other mugen chars, his kenki attacks will be on power meters instead.
#5  August 16, 2014, 12:10:14 am
  • I see you.
that could help I guess how long does this "mode" last cause I feel if its to long you can just take apart anyone.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#6  August 17, 2014, 02:24:57 pm
It's meant to last until he is dead or the round is over.

Another solution is to drain his life to 1 HP if used. So it's truly a desperation move with only 1 HP and no super meter to work with and one hit/chip damage will end it.
#7  August 18, 2014, 12:26:53 am
  • I see you.
I suppose but will he always retain that one hp instead of death? lol. If thats the case its not a bad solution it could work actually. so he gets hit from like 200 hp and it goes to 1 due to the coding then he is in this mode of his to try to make a comeback. Thats about it right? it can work well.

#8  October 16, 2014, 06:29:20 am
Finally started to compile the basic sprites into a sff file!
#9  October 16, 2014, 03:22:45 pm
  • I see you.
Something I thought about that could fuck up your idea is characters with "lifesets" in their attacks would ignore his go to 1hp coding. It might bug out but he would certainly die instead of retain his hp.

#10  October 27, 2014, 04:05:43 am
Sorry I think you misunderstood. The plan was to have the move drain his life to 1 hp. Basically after hyoki no jutsu is activated, he will only have 1 hp left.  Hope that makes it clear.

Anyway, here is a quick preview video of Udo Jinei Alpha version. Note this is still in early production and it only has a few basic moves sprites. Stay tuned for more updates!

#11  October 27, 2014, 04:33:15 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Great job.! those sprites are pretty cool, I won't never forget that fight on that anime, kenchin almost became in battousai. for the stage kaoru  must be tied on a chair on that house.xD that would be pretty cool for remembering good memories.
Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:37:42 am by yaret
#12  October 27, 2014, 06:38:48 pm
  • I see you.
Sorry I think you misunderstood. The plan was to have the move drain his life to 1 hp. Basically after hyoki no jutsu is activated, he will only have 1 hp left.  Hope that makes it clear.

Anyway, here is a quick preview video of Udo Jinei Alpha version. Note this is still in early production and it only has a few basic moves sprites. Stay tuned for more updates!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgEnEJ09Ayc[/youtube]

OHHHHHH so thats how it would work lol that makes more sense yeah I fully understand now.

#13  November 04, 2014, 03:38:10 pm
  • SNK is life
@Aoshi24: I've been following your works for many many years, and I've always liked what you're doing because it really shows you truly have a passion for Ruroni Kenshin.

So, I would like to help you with at least a couple of things. Please consider this face proposal for Jinei

#14  November 05, 2014, 06:06:59 am
Thanks walt! I really love the face details that you added... It truly captures this character's sadistic face.

I will definitely use this as reference moving forward and you will be credited. Thanks again man!
#15  November 11, 2014, 06:01:55 am
Here is a quick video showing Jinei's updated sprites.  Thanks again Walt!

#16  November 23, 2014, 05:17:33 am
Sweet dreams...

#17  November 23, 2014, 03:11:54 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Even he being a pshyco killer... that's quite intense. :ninja:
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#18  June 17, 2015, 05:25:41 am
Here is a minor update video on Ji-nei.. which starts at 3:12.

Basic moves, Standing get-hits, and standing hard punch sprites are done.  Hyoki no jutsu and Shin No ippo animations are done as well. Progress is slow since the original spriter couldn't continue anymore.  I will be working on the sprites from now on but I am hopeful that Jinei will be available sometime in October or November.

Some notes on the specials:
+ Hyoki no Jutsu boosts his kenki by 50% but consumes 500 power
+ Shin No Ippo freezes his opponents if Jinei's Kenki is higher than his opponent's
#19  August 03, 2015, 05:59:31 am
Check out the latest Udo Jinei Alpha preview! At the moment, he has 5 normal attacks, his backpass attack (featured in his epic fight against Kenshin), his Shin No Ippo variations, and all his hurt animations. Enjoy!

Note that he has 3 variations of the Shin No Ippo special.
  • Weak version drains opponent's kenki,
  • medium drains power (if opponent has lower kenki), and
  • heavy freezes the opponent (if opponent has lower kenki).

Next on the list are the rest of his normal attacks, specials, and his Shin No Ippo hyper (which will drain opponents health over time).
#20  August 04, 2015, 05:34:39 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
Pretty cool, dude. :kugoi:
Although he should be taller than Sano.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#21  August 05, 2015, 01:29:47 pm
Thanks man!

Sano is actually taller than Jinei. Sano is 5'10"and Jinei is 5'8". Any slight differences in height can be fixed through coding.
#22  August 08, 2015, 03:17:26 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
Hmm, my bad. I forgot Sano is one of the tallest char in the anime.  :P
Would be cool if you added that variation of Shin no Ippo from anime/Ishin Gekitouhen where the enemy freezes by his kenki, but pressing quickly a action button breaks the effect.

Did you play the new
#23  August 19, 2015, 12:24:21 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I only see this topic now, what a dummy LOL !

Even though it's going slowly, progress is really nice. I like the originality with the Shin No Ippo variations. :)
#24  August 20, 2015, 07:48:46 pm
Thanks for the nice words man!  I got the draining idea from Spinal on KI on Xbox One and I knew it was the perfect fit for Jinei's gameplay.
#25  December 21, 2015, 04:25:38 pm
I sincerely apologize for the lack of updates. Unfortunately, I haven't had much free time to work on the project. Jinei and Misao are still in the works though so don't worry!  It may take awhile to complete with my busy schedule.

Here is a brief video of Jinei's 2 hyper moves... the Shin No Ippo Suffocation and the Hyouki No Jutsu.

Shin No Ippo Suffocation drains the opponents life for 10 seconds. It is unblockable but it only works if Jinei has higher Kenki than the opponent.

Hyouki No Jutsu gives Jinei infinite kenki. With this powerup, he can use tsunagi techniques multiple times and he can use shin no ippo freeze during a combo. His max kenki also refills his power level faster.

If you don't hear from me again, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
#26  December 22, 2015, 11:25:27 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
DA HYPE!! :flipout: :flipout: :flipout:
I can't wait to play with him!

Did you play the new
#27  December 22, 2015, 11:29:57 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thanks for the nightmares at the end, lol.

I like the updates, hope you'll be able to see him and everything else through, and happy holidays as well. :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#28  July 04, 2016, 05:49:48 am
Hello everyone,

I know it's been a long time since the last update. I've been busy with my personal life but the project is far from dead. In fact, here is the latest preview of the Jinei beta. As you can see there are still more spriting to be done but the coding is done for the most part. Check it out!

Jinei will have low defense and attack, but he is the only character in the game that will fully utilize the Kenki system. His shin no ippo attacks have powerful effects when he has higher kenki than the opponent. Effects include power drain, poison, and even freeze opponents.

Other than shin no ippo, his primary special attack is a rekka which can be used in combos.

He will be available in the next full game update which will hopefully come out by the end of the summer. Until next time!
#29  July 08, 2016, 02:01:48 pm
    • Brazil
hats off, my friend! It's looking awesome!!