YesNoOk

A new community-centralized competition show - World MUGEN Fighters Competition! (Read 10371 times)

Started by GeorgeMP, May 26, 2019, 12:22:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: A new community-centralized competition show - World MUGEN Fighters Competition!
#21  June 02, 2019, 05:37:11 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
Re: A new community-centralized competition show - World MUGEN Fighters Competition!
#22  June 02, 2019, 06:02:42 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

#23  June 02, 2019, 07:21:57 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Nice, now with the rule change for my character I'll pick Kinyo Roadshow by The_none
Amidweiz, your submission was rejected due to being overpowered.

Ok wat, and yet you don't state what is overpowered with it. The only criteria I've seen for being overpowered is no characters with null states or insta-kill... which Kinyo Roadshow has none of those. Also considering the_none's version of Kinyo is you know way more fair than the original by googoo64 if you've taken a look at that before, so I still don't really see what's overpowered with him.
Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 07:47:27 pm by Amidweiz
#24  June 02, 2019, 07:58:15 pm
    • USA
Nice, now with the rule change for my character I'll pick Kinyo Roadshow by The_none

Ok wat, and yet you don't state what is overpowered with it. The only criteria I've seen for being overpowered is no characters with null states or insta-kill... which Kinyo Roadshow has none of those. Also considering the_none's version of Kinyo is you know way more fair than the original by googoo64 if you've taken a look at that before, so I still don't really see what's overpowered with him.

The reason I considered Kinyo Roadshow overpowered was because his moves do ridiculous amounts of damage, and he can string them together really easily. What I actually said was that your character must not be overpowered IN ANY WAY. And that INCLUDES stuff like null characters and one hit KO edits. I just wanted to mention the obvious stuff there. Now can you please submit something that isn't overpowered in any way, shape or form?
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 08:01:23 pm by GeorgeMP
#25  June 02, 2019, 08:12:08 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org

I actually said that your character must not be overpowered IN ANY WAY. And that INCLUDES stuff like null characters and one hit KO edits. I just wanted to mention the obvious stuff there.

Yet again you don't tell me why Kinyo roadshow by the_none is overpowered at all, is it the AI done by kamekaze? (I think the newer the_nones character's AI are done by kamekaze, and if that's so I guess kamekaze characters aren't applicable either), is it the damage? (because both dan and dimitri have similar damage levels to Kinyo you know)You have to state what you consider overpowered or else situations like this will happen!
#26  June 02, 2019, 08:34:24 pm
    • USA
~TRUEGEMINI~
#27  June 03, 2019, 01:18:43 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
#28  June 03, 2019, 01:22:19 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#29  June 03, 2019, 01:38:42 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
#30  June 06, 2019, 04:31:15 am
    • USA
A new character I am currently making will enter the competition...

#31  June 06, 2019, 05:09:58 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#32  June 06, 2019, 08:39:57 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Ok, this has been bugging me over a few days and I'm needing say what I need to say

• The question you are still dodging by the way, why is Kinyo Roadshow by the_none overpowered. The rules that you have on the OP barely tells me anything other than I can't have characters that use the null overflow exploit (which is really only exclusive to winmugen for the most part) or have one hit KOs.
    the character you are submitting must not be overpowered in any way (so stuff like null characters and one hit KO edits aren't allowed),
    You have to define more ground rules than this, not some shadow rule or some bias you have towards a character for whatever reason. People can't read your mind, nor they can't really judge your taste in mugen characters to appease you. When I did my mugen tournaments, I had ground rules which where

• Chibi characters will be upsized to the size of shovel knight by roysquadrocks
    • No bonus game characters
    • No characters that do infinites
    • No apocalypse, Onslaught, etc like characters

There needs to be something similar to this with yours or else people are just tossing characters at the wall to see what sticks, and that's a really bad method upon getting people to enter for this.

• Some of your choices of mini games are well really bad for the AI to attempt. (I used choi for one because it easily demonstrates the problem with that one) The ones I didn't have links to are pretty tolerable for the AI to do like the version of break the targets you have, sf2 car, and sf2 barrels. The others require way to much specific things the AI will never figure out other than by sheer luck or if the author programmed the character to react to it. (FF2 bonus requires people to hit the top and the bottom half of the pillar three times, sf2 bricks causes glitches, and SS1 dummies most AIs just dart to the corner)  I would recommend using some of the mini games I posted in my previous post
    • Strength Training by POTS
    • SoR2 by K-Fox
    • Punch Cell by Sawady
    • Stone Bonus by chin-ya
    • Legion by Omegapsycho
    • Control Box by sergeus
    • Ice Pillar Smash by MAITAKE
    • eye of cthulhu by MabsKMK

All these mini games don't require the AI to get them by sheer luck because of their simplicity
It may seem like I'm trying to bust your balls here with this but I'm trying to help you with this. This idea for the most part is pretty interesting, it just needs refinement that's all.
#33  June 06, 2019, 08:57:00 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
which is really only exclusive to winmugen for the most part

Technically, this is wrong since the null overflow exploit still works even above WinMUGEN, I even have a few of those in my roster. The method to achieve it is a bit more complicated than in WinMUGEN however.

But yeah, these rules are still extremely poorly defined even after dropping the previous rule set that was even more vague and ill-defined.
#34  June 06, 2019, 04:23:59 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
  • The question you are still dodging by the way, why is Kinyo Roadshow by the_none overpowered.
he said the reasons in a previous post; he edited it so it might not ahve been explicit enough if you read the version previous ot the edit.
#35  June 08, 2019, 03:04:52 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
which is really only exclusive to winmugen for the most part

Technically, this is wrong since the null overflow exploit still works even above WinMUGEN, I even have a few of those in my roster. The method to achieve it is a bit more complicated than in WinMUGEN however.

But yeah, these rules are still extremely poorly defined even after dropping the previous rule set that was even more vague and ill-defined.

Yea, I remembered that stuff like holy kula by smhungary89 exists which has that

• The question you are still dodging by the way, why is Kinyo Roadshow by the_none overpowered.
he said the reasons in a previous post; he edited it so it might not ahve been explicit enough if you read the version previous ot the edit.

I didn't see the post that way when I looked at it yesterday, but yea it's still a really hamfisted way upon telling me what's cheap with it even if I disagree personally with what geroge said. Though despite that my post still stands with the mini games being poor for the AI to fight up against and the rules still being vague and ill-defined.

I guess either shura by GM, or Geese Howard by warusaki then. I might change this if I find a better character that does up against the current mini games (though I would still recommend using some of the ones I told you about since they do work well with the AI)[/list]
#36  June 08, 2019, 07:40:08 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
when I used to beta test characters for other creators, sometimes a few small unbalanced moves completely broke up the character, the brasilian jab of doom is the best example; but a lot of characters that were otherwise "balanced" had grab traps, attacks with too much guard stun or infinites that amde them pretty cheap.
#37  June 08, 2019, 08:52:00 pm
if Gill by GM is too cheap, I would like to enter Demitri by Jmoprhman
#38  June 09, 2019, 01:37:46 am
    • USA
Submissions CLOSED: You can no longer submit characters.