Doctor Who Thread (Read 557280 times)

Started by Nucka, January 08, 2010, 03:54:37 am
Share this topic:
Re: Does anybody like Doctor Who????
#61  December 10, 2013, 10:32:23 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Then there's always that thing that happened with River, where she used up the last of her regenerations to resurrect the 11th. Maybe another Time Lord becomes involved somehow in the regeneration into the 12th, that is, if the 11th actually is number 13 and there's another hidden doctor incarnation in there somewhere. Capaldi's perhaps?
#62  December 10, 2013, 10:50:24 pm
There's no hidden Doctor beside the War Doctor, they're just counting Tennant's aborted regeneration into his severed hand as one regeneration among the 12.
Oh, by the way, apparently there was one episode of I don't remember which Doctor that showed him playing a "mind war" against some robot thing that showed his previous faces up to Hartnell - and then some more, like Hartnell wasn't his first face (I think when I saw it on Youtube I counted 8 different faces including the known ones). Maybe that'll play a role, or maybe it was forgotten and ignored.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#63  December 11, 2013, 05:43:53 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

It's getting kind of hard to see what exactly makes this a 'Christmas' episode.  But frankly I'm not complaining.
#64  December 12, 2013, 02:01:20 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
That chick in the trailer... is she The Rani?? o_O

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#65  December 23, 2013, 03:48:24 pm
    • Chile
Not relative to last DW news, but anyway it fits for this thread. I couldn't do it for the 50th Anniversary events in my country (The Day of the Doctor movie and the DW thematic event next day), but now finally I made my ultimate tribute to Doctor Who for the past XFan event of this weekend.

Guild Timelords, here I am as William Hartnell, The First Doctor (pics on spoiler)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I hope you like it, it's probably the oldest character I cosplayed ever ;)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#66  December 26, 2013, 02:13:25 am
Spoiler: Time of the Doctor (click to see content)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 02:18:46 am by DKDC
#67  December 27, 2013, 09:35:42 pm
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#68  January 02, 2014, 12:11:20 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
ok, one of my new year resolutions was to finally start watching doctor who and i'm going to do it right now starting with the 9th doctor

what should i expect? and how long until i get to the fez(s) and bowties?
#69  January 02, 2014, 12:39:00 am
    • USA
1 season of Nine, and then 3 seasons of Ten, plus a handful of specials in between.  So it'll be a while yet before you reach the Smith era, but you'll like what you get in the meantime.  Eccleston played a great Doctor and gets far less credit for it than he deserves, and Tennant's work is nothing short of phenomenal.  Especially once you start running into stories like Human Nature/Family of Blood and Blink.
#70  January 02, 2014, 02:02:48 am
Fantastic!
#71  January 02, 2014, 03:21:57 pm
    • Chile
See the seventh chapter of Ninth Doctor, the one called "Dalek", one of the best episodes of that season, IMO ;)

#72  January 03, 2014, 06:49:04 am
as a matter of fact i just did a couple of minutes ago and it was fantastic!

EX-TER-MI-NA-TE
EX-TER-MI-NA-TE

Spoiler: oh hi, i upgraded your 4th doctor (click to see content)
#73  January 06, 2014, 06:40:34 am
just finished season 1 and watched the christmas special

goodbye christopher eccleston we had a fantastic ride together. goodbye and thanks for all the... bananas?

and speaking of bananas please tell me jack is coming back!

and david tennant enters the game with a swordfight to the death for the fate of the earth... while wearing pajamas. well this is going to be a fun ride now, isn't?

ALLONS-Y!
#74  January 06, 2014, 07:04:46 am
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
You want the truth? I thought Dr.Who was Dr.Strange from MVC3..
#75  January 06, 2014, 02:06:17 pm
Jack gets a whole spin-off series for himself, Torchwood (the 4th season was taken over by the US and there's been no news of a 5th since). At the end of the first Torchwood season, he comes back in Who, and then a couple more times. Torchwood gets a couple of episodes with characters crossing over, but not the Doctor.
#76  January 07, 2014, 02:43:58 pm
    • USA
Yessssssss.

#77  January 09, 2014, 07:56:43 am
well, while we are on the subject of doctor who theme remixes

#78  January 14, 2014, 09:40:04 pm
    • USA
Peter Capaldi talks about what his Doctor will be like.

He has revealed that there’s a big shift on the way, and that the Doctor will no longer be considered to be boyfriend material, partly because of the clear, physical age difference between him and Clara, and partly because his Doctor will be no one’s idea of a nice, safe romantic traveling companion.

He explained: ”The last two Doctors have been ‘your boyfriend’ Doctors. It was time for the show to flip around. The new version of the show is quite old now.

“We’re going to give Clara a Doctor who is a much older, fiercer, madder, less reliable Doctor who leads her a merry dance.”

Older, more severe, less stable.  Sounds like they're aiming for somewhere between Jon Pertwee and Colin Baker with number Twelve.  Sounds good to me.
#79  January 14, 2014, 09:49:03 pm
his Doctor will be no one’s idea of a nice, safe romantic traveling companion.
“We’re going to give Clara a Doctor who is a much older, fiercer, madder, less reliable Doctor who leads her a merry dance.”
Yay. Eleven was good but his weak points as a character was that he was sometimes boring, too clean, knowing everything, and the writing kind of made him seem too perfect always ; Smith's antics made him good. Randomness and craziness will be a good break. Eleven's randomness was mostly a facade, it was Smith's acting, but it always fit nicely in the plot.
I liked how what little we saw of Twelve showed a complete reversal from Eleven. Eleven was described as "an old scientist in the body of a young man", Twelve looked the exact opposite of that, old man, doesn't even know how to fly the TARDIS, might be prone to tantrums (complaining about the color of his kidneys).

Posted: January 14, 2014, 10:12:08 pm
An interview with Steven Moffat in which he says (about the potential return of River Song): “I’m slightly tempted, because I imagine Peter Capaldi and Alex Kingston would be absolutely hilarious together.”
I hate the character and portrayal of River Song, I think her romance is too forced and too often the center of attention, but now that would be some serious firework if Twelve is more focused on all-around insanity. I might bear with more Alex Kingston for that.
Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:14:43 pm by DKDC
#80  January 14, 2014, 10:54:12 pm
    • USA
I never minded River Song all that much.  I like the concept that there could be someone out there who pops in and out of the Doctor's timeline as asynchronously as he does to everyone else.

That being said, I don't love the idea of bringing her back again.  I think they've done pretty much all they can do with her at this point, and it'd feel really cheap to just pop her back into the show after giving her a second dramatic death scene.